Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The 1st Praetorian Guard is an Amarrian Imperial Navy-affiliated Special Operations unit? Read more here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: your most epic moment in RP?  (Read 6285 times)

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
Re: your most epic moment in RP?
« Reply #30 on: 08 Jun 2013, 06:38 »

1. Telling Thoun Gaterau precisely where he could shove it, even if I did lose that battle.
2. Outing the "SoFCode" characters as cat's-paws of Revan's, making her/them so angry she/they hired mercenaries against us. Which we then proceeded to defeat so handily they felt compelled to return their hiring fee.
3. Getting the supplies to Rilnais and spitting in the eye of the Serpentis. (Which became even more satisfying when I was made aware that CCP expected the mission to fail, and were forced to change their plans for that storyline.)
4. Liberating Intaki from Caldari occupation in early YC 112 when Caldari loyalists had promised we would never do any such thing.
5. Defending Intaki from Sansha invasion in late YC 112 to such a degree that no abductions were reported.

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #31 on: 08 Jun 2013, 07:45 »

I racked my head, but couldn't come up with anything. It appears my present condition permits the recall of strictly negative memories.

BTW, your Ubiqua Seraph heist was the reason I joined Eve. I still think it's the best campaign ever executed in Eve, in terms of style and competency.
Thanks for saying that. Makes me smile whenever I hear it. Needed one of those.

Shiori

« Reply #32 on: 08 Jun 2013, 08:18 »

I ♥ you too, Uncle Istvaan. I didn't join specifically because of the Ubiqua Seraph heist, but I do remember reading about it, and it adding to the general tapestry of awesome mythology that made me decide it was worth checking out EVE. A decision I've only come to regret a couple of times since!

Vendrin

• Clonejack
« Reply #33 on: 09 Jun 2013, 02:19 »

http://www.eve-search.com/thread/621425/page/all

http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=623026

This, and all the glorious shit that went with it. Pity I wasn't able to capitalize and apex folded, but ces't la vie.
« Last Edit: 09 Jun 2013, 02:22 by Vendrin »

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #34 on: 09 Jun 2013, 07:51 »

I guess I would have to go with the Caldari Prime DMZ. Only thing Ché had a hand (or a fingernail) in that could be considered "epic".

Edit: Unless we count stuff like the Malkalen and Pashanai relief efforts, but then still the DMZ is the most epic.
« Last Edit: 09 Jun 2013, 07:53 by Ché Biko »
-OOChé

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #35 on: 10 Jun 2013, 11:47 »

im talking about those uncommon events you taken part in that was a exciting, unique , fun moment in RP

not just the summit but in any other place!

This:

http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=1246104

EDIT: Also, this (follow up OP by Zu; unfortunately if it links to blog posts for epic fictions, the blog's still down for the moment)

http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=1359590

EDIT2:  Just re-read the whole thread; I'd forgotten about Louella's involvement.  :cube: Lou!
« Last Edit: 10 Jun 2013, 12:04 by Havohej »

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #36 on: 12 Jun 2013, 10:30 »

1) Getting conned (ICly at least) into smuggling drugs for Istvaan when I was about three weeks old. It was epic. I sweated every gate thinking customs was going to get me and my shiny new navitas. Thank you, Istvaan!

2) the slave rescue op referenced by Esna above. It was pretty awesome to see so many people come together for it, and watching them negotiate co-operation across political lines for the op. I ran a channel, and did the narration/combat rolls for the out-of-pod stuff, but the people who turned up did the diplomacy and the flying and I found out the outcomes later. It was pretty awesome to see sworn enemies turn up together and find out they'd privately negotiated ceasefires to be there.

3) The RP that was the basis of the series of stories 'Into the Dark' with Silver.

4) This might seem relatively tiny but it gave me a huge thrill - watching gates for the fleet busting the last bunker during EM's FW campaign a couple of years ago and seeing Graelyn come through with the Amarr fleet. It turned a fairly tedious and immersion-breaking militia fleet op into real RP.

Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #37 on: 12 Jun 2013, 11:09 »

I) The Maut Incident, where we manipulated the anti-Sansha coalition's intelligence before the Tyrannis expansion. The net result was about 700+ people dog piling a system that had nothing in it except them before downtime.

II) The end of the Sansha live events before Incursion, where big man Sansha Kuvakei was at the Promised Land in person. A anti-Sansha affiliated fleet arrived on scene with about 25 battleships+supports against my Chimera and the Revenants.

"This Chimera will not survive their damage."

"A moment," and then Sansha himself RR'd my chimera through the enemy DPS. I right about shat myself as I crawled back from 40%? shields.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #38 on: 12 Jun 2013, 11:25 »

"This Chimera will not survive their damage."

"A moment," and then Sansha himself RR'd my chimera through the enemy DPS. I right about shat myself as I crawled back from 40%? shields.

Confirming that's about as awesome as it can get for a faction-aligned RPer.

Super +10 awesome.

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #39 on: 12 Jun 2013, 11:35 »

Ghost... just... WOW!   :)

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #40 on: 12 Jun 2013, 11:36 »

That's awesome Ghost!

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #41 on: 12 Jun 2013, 11:38 »

It's beyond awesome! That's the sort of faction RP I've been begging CCP for over the course of a decade!

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #42 on: 12 Jun 2013, 12:08 »

I) The Maut Incident, where we manipulated the anti-Sansha coalition's intelligence before the Tyrannis expansion. The net result was about 700+ people dog piling a system that had nothing in it except them before downtime.

I remember that clusterfuck. At least it lead to some fun RP shenanigans afterward. And that's pretty awesome about Kuvakei.

Lucius_Vindictus

• Clonejack
« Reply #43 on: 14 Jun 2013, 07:55 »

Well, mine was probably the Ordo/White Rose war.

Vikarion,
Thanks for the interesting read. I have several RP highlights, all of them at the Ordo Quaesitoris. And the White Rose war was among the best.

I remember it from the other side as a member of OQ at the time. It was probably the only war involving OQ that I enjoyed because we were evenly matched (your skill versus our numbers) and motived by spontanious RP... What I mean by that is that it wasn't: "Let's pretend that we are raiding slaves on X planet, and you can try to intercept us.." . but it developed naturally because you had a good reason to declare war on us and try to kill us. There was no RP pretending required at all. It was as "real" as you can hope RP to get in this game while still feeling immersed.

I recall that you were good at getting into the heads of our members both in-game and through the forums. But also that you were gracious on the occasions when you suffered losses yourself.

I admit that up to reading your post here I hadn't believed that Hitome's corpse was the true objective of the war. Though there were others that did. I was one of those that you duped into making me believe that there was a broader scheme going on created by other Amarrian loyalists who disliked us. For a corp with a background based on secrecy and intrigue I can't tell you enough how great you made our RP for the duration of the war and even the weeks following it as we tried to find out more information.
« Last Edit: 14 Jun 2013, 08:04 by Lucius_Vindictus »

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #44 on: 14 Jun 2013, 17:44 »

im talking about those uncommon events you taken part in that was a exciting, unique , fun moment in RP

not just the summit but in any other place!

This:

http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=1246104

EDIT: Also, this (follow up OP by Zu; unfortunately if it links to blog posts for epic fictions, the blog's still down for the moment)

http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=1359590

EDIT2:  Just re-read the whole thread; I'd forgotten about Louella's involvement.  :cube: Lou!

Thanks for reminding me. And I see Zu is still active. When you join again that'll be two characters that Arnulf has a major grudge against.  :D
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4