Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That in Norse mythology, the "Naglfar" was a ship built from the toenail and fingernail clippings of the dead?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: your most epic moment in RP?  (Read 6287 times)

Steffanie Saissore

• Knight Commander (in training)
  • Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
Re: your most epic moment in RP?
« Reply #15 on: 06 Jun 2013, 10:43 »

I have had plenty of good, small RP things, but having just arrived I have not had an 'epic' moment...yet.

Reading some of the stuff that has transpired, I kind of regret not checking out EVE sooner rather than later.

I have many thoughts/ideas/plans I'd like to attempt to pull off with Steff, even if IC they fail miserably.  Normally I only put a little bit of thought into a character and not worry too much about detail or recording it, but I think due to a combination of world setting and the people I have met, I have desires to build stories around Steff.  Just need to find the ward vs flaming trolls and I should be good to go :)
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #16 on: 06 Jun 2013, 12:52 »

Mercy's keep was epic. The anniversary ball was amazing, if a little chaotic. Other fond memories include debating/drinking with Ashar KorAzor, Other Amarr corps showing up to look down their noses at the rabble, the neverending series of IC arguements that for the most part avoided devolving into serious drama meltdowns, and of course several scenes with Vince  :cube:

I think that or a couple private scenes have been favorites. Particularly Karm describing a particularly fun night in a dramiel   ;), and ICly watching AT9.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #17 on: 06 Jun 2013, 12:53 »

Breaking a datapad over Rek Jaiga's face after a call from Morwen, and promptly running away to the other side of the galaxy for 3 months.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Lyn Farel

« Reply #18 on: 06 Jun 2013, 13:11 »

When Aldrith brandished his AXE. Or when his wife neutered Vince.

Or a lot of other Mercy's Keep dramas, showcased in the series Days of our Keep.

This. Mercy's Keep had a lot of stuff going on most of the time. The masquerade ball and holiday party were awesome fun in particular. Loved the mistletoe drones. Those were fucking hilarious.

Oh yes, tha masquerade ball. With the EsnaMushroom and the AsharGraelyn.  :lol:

Many epic memories from Mercy's Keep and attachment channels such as the Mercy's Keep: Library. Majority of my encounters were forever memorable there. Impacting, great story telling and epic lols. One of the best of the memories is Mitara beating the shit out of Vince with a book from the library and discussions with Lyn. I really wish that venue was still around, but with the Knighthood gone, it's best left in the good memories along with the golden days of KotMC.

Aldy kept telling me it's open but nobody in there every time I check. .___.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #19 on: 06 Jun 2013, 13:26 »

Probably, for Aria, treating Kyoko Sakoda for suicidal depression through forced perspective: disemboweling the suicidal Kyoko with a dagger (Kyoko expected Aria to slit her throat, not her belly), then waiting until Kyoko passed out before putting a capsule-style cloning rig on Kyoko's head and turning up in the cloning bay with a sidearm immediately thereafter to ask whether Kyoko was still in love with death.*

Apparently it worked.

Instead, much to Aria's chagrin, Kyoko fell in love with Ethan Verone and split with Ghost Festival, taking half our pilots with her.

* this form of therapy not, as yet, approved by the APA or anyone else.
« Last Edit: 06 Jun 2013, 14:32 by Aria Jenneth »

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #20 on: 06 Jun 2013, 13:55 »

the AsharGraelyn.

The what/now?

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #21 on: 06 Jun 2013, 14:05 »

Oh yes, tha masquerade ball. With the EsnaMushroom and the AsharGraelyn.  :lol:

Yeah the masks were great; Esna was wearing a mask based on the front of an Avatar. His idea, iirc - he got Morwen a mask based on the ELA subsystem from the Legion, because she was there as his guest/date for the evening. xD

Aldy kept telling me it's open but nobody in there every time I check. .___.

It's "open", but only accessible to a few people. Aldy decided to ban everyone during his "I wanna be Aritcio" period and then give access back to people on a case-by-case basis often requiring what were (imo) extremely unreasonable requests in exchange for access to a capsuleer hangout.

That was partly why it died off - him going to PIE and then having several periods of inactivity without properly re-opening the place did the rest, iirc.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #22 on: 06 Jun 2013, 14:07 »

This will probably be meaningless to most of you...

Back in the day when Shin was in Jericho Fraction, we were at war with the Curse Alliance. It wasn't a particularly hot war, since they were in Curse and we were in Pure Blind. It was more of a proxy war. One of the powerhouse corps of CA was Oracle, an old Minmatar freedom fighter corporation. One of the biggest spokespeople in Oracle was Wren. Shin and Wren got to be friends, and over the course of about a month of very intense RP she helped him understand that Oracle had lost their way and that Oracle's fate was ultimately the fate of any who held to a nationalist, border-keeping philosophy. Wren had a crisis of faith which led to him abandoning Oracle and joining JF as a postnationalist.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #23 on: 06 Jun 2013, 14:37 »

I miss Oracle.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Lyn Farel

« Reply #24 on: 06 Jun 2013, 16:19 »

the AsharGraelyn.

The what/now?

Ashar came disguised in a famous cardinal...

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #25 on: 06 Jun 2013, 16:41 »

I racked my head, but couldn't come up with anything. It appears my present condition permits the recall of strictly negative memories.

Vikarion

« Reply #26 on: 06 Jun 2013, 17:29 »

I racked my head, but couldn't come up with anything. It appears my present condition permits the recall of strictly negative memories.

BTW, your Ubiqua Seraph heist was the reason I joined Eve. I still think it's the best campaign ever executed in Eve, in terms of style and competency.

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
« Reply #27 on: 06 Jun 2013, 19:28 »

Epic memories? Lots of them. The grand balls that Revan held (that actually got old-Seph named three years in a row as influential capsuleer of the year by her), the discussions with the Speaker of Truths, defending the Bleak Lands against the Defiants, trying to keep House Miyan and Darabi out of eachother's hands diplomatically (and failing to do so in the end), the time Promethian Child (the other founder of the Ordo) turned against us, the hunting of Leopold Caine when he was expelled, killing a Republic ambassador in perfect radio silence without anyone knowing, spying here and there, debating philosophy and politics in the Drinkers Cathedral...

Sorry, but I can't choose one. As for Catillah, he's had great moments, but still working on reaching a really epic one.

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help
« Reply #28 on: 06 Jun 2013, 20:42 »

Of the public ones, I'll have to say my managing not to get Vieve podded during the Malkalen Disaster (while RPing in three channels -and- Vent simultaneously), or hauled out of her pod and executed.  The home front fallout from her inviting the Caldari to shoot Federation supporters (including one of her Strix corpmates, Gabriel Dicozza) interfering with the rescue and recovery efforts or the investigation participation was intense, surreal (e.g. The Lily of Nennamalia) and lasted for years.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #29 on: 07 Jun 2013, 21:34 »

I've had a handful, "epic" might be a stretch for most of them (dramallama being a better descriptor), but one stands out.

There was a man, [Redacted] whom Stecker had grown to trust entirely. They'd been dating for a good while and she finally decided he should see the ugly violent side of her so he could make a more informed decision about whether to keep dating the dangerous psychopath. So she tells him to shackle her and then hit her or otherwise piss her off, thus causing psychological and physiological shenanigans (oh god what a terrible character I made).

The problem is that he's a gentleman, and refuses to hit her. So she tells him to do something to piss her off.

So instead he explains that while she's been restrained, he has poisoned her, using a poison created to target her specific genetic makeup. It was such an amazing betrayal of trust, and so incredibly well played, that it had me shaking OOC at the same time that Stecker was losing her shit IC. Needless to say, once [Redacted] had seen everything he needed to, he explained that it was all a lie.

This, ofc, made Stecker that much angrier, that he had decided to be such a "gentleman" that he would tell a devastating lie rather than hit her, despite the fact that it would be infinitely more damaging. It took her a while to forgive him.

Anyhow, the betrayal was so thorough and well played that it remains one of my most distinct memories from EVE RP even after I've been away from the game.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4