Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Vitoc is the antidote to a deadly toxin, not the poison itself?  For more information see Vitoc.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Would this be LEGAL in new eden?  (Read 2895 times)

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
Re: Would this be LEGAL in new eden?
« Reply #30 on: 03 Jun 2013, 04:48 »

There are many missions where you can find these deadspace blood sport arenas.

Scale images!

Code: [Select]
[img width=640]http://games.chruker.dk/eve_online/graphics/ids/2048/2513.jpg[/img]
Never noticed that.
Bloodsport Arena

Item description: To escape the jurisdiction of those who would curb their entertainments, full-contact fight promoters and unlicensed, duel-to-the-death Clash Masters have taken to setting up these deep-space arenas for their brutal games to take place in.  A hive of scum and villainy -- or, alternatively, a wonderland of sport and blood-stained jollity.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #31 on: 03 Jun 2013, 09:33 »

I love the idea of bloodsports among dusters - reminds me of The Artificial Kid, by Bruce Sterling. I honestly don't see any reason why capsuleers would participate in something like that, though. Capsuleers have heinously modified their bodies in order to become the living embodiment of spaceships - some of us fly around in things that mass about as Manhattan. We're also, as a rule, fabulously wealthy. The combination doesn't really seem to provide a good reason to have a pool of capsuleer combatants ready to engage in this sort of combat out of the pod.

At the same time, I have to admit, I'd love to see something around Mindclash...

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #32 on: 03 Jun 2013, 09:42 »

I love the idea of bloodsports among dusters - reminds me of The Artificial Kid, by Bruce Sterling. I honestly don't see any reason why capsuleers would participate in something like that, though. Capsuleers have heinously modified their bodies in order to become the living embodiment of spaceships - some of us fly around in things that mass about as Manhattan. We're also, as a rule, fabulously wealthy. The combination doesn't really seem to provide a good reason to have a pool of capsuleer combatants ready to engage in this sort of combat out of the pod.

At the same time, I have to admit, I'd love to see something around Mindclash...

I think the capsuleers would approach this more from a 'horse racing' point of view; buying stocks of fighters, paying for the best implants and training, and being aloof as their 'horses' race each other. Maybe trading, betting, and viewing.  Roman Gladiator owners basically.

There is room for some cool capsuleer characters here.

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #33 on: 03 Jun 2013, 09:48 »

Oh, I am so on board with that! I bid 300 quatloos for Foley!

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #34 on: 03 Jun 2013, 10:19 »

I love the idea of bloodsports among dusters...

robblerobbleblacknobilityrobblerobble
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Avio Yaken

• .________________________________________.
  • Egger
« Reply #35 on: 03 Jun 2013, 14:52 »

I think the capsuleers would approach this more from a 'horse racing' point of view; buying stocks of fighters, paying for the best implants and training, and being aloof as their 'horses' race each other. Maybe trading, betting, and viewing.  Roman Gladiator owners basically.

There is room for some cool capsuleer characters here.

like i keep saying
dusters are pretty scarce on the summit

However i could make the contestants NPCs (with PC contestants) and make it a more "social gathering"

Della Monk

• Clonejack
« Reply #36 on: 03 Jun 2013, 16:04 »

As far as my opinion goes for chance-based victory, it should be secondary to OOC discussion and considerations.
If Della (or most capsuleers for that matter) wound up in the ring against a duster who makes a habit of shanking people in heavy dropsuits, my focus will be on making the telling entertaining because I don't stand a chance.
Between more equal combatants one could invoke the coin flip, either beforehand or whenever they reach an impasse, if they don't work things out at the start.

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei
« Reply #37 on: 03 Jun 2013, 17:44 »

Perhaps it would make sense to have the Capsuleer matches be to first blood/KO or something other than death. Seems no reason that every type of match ends in death, maybe save that for the high-roller side of the arena with Dust vs Dust contestants. For instance Souch would attend any of these if he was in the right mood, he would even perhaps test his ancestral style against someone. But he would never agree to a deathmatch outside of the pod.
Sometimes one wants to get caught...

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #38 on: 03 Jun 2013, 17:51 »

Another idea would be to have a club or similar centered around the blood sports. Taht way, you could have matches whenever, but if people wanted to gather there socially when there isn't a player match, they could do that and there can be NPCs - slaves, paid gladiators, whatever - fighting in the background.

Rok-Yuni

• Egger
« Reply #39 on: 07 Jun 2013, 06:04 »

not sure if anyone else has said this, but yeah....
I believe that, (dependant on location) given that all participants are willing, bloodsports are legal.

DUST troopers do such things for fun, and the Orbital bombardment competition that was publicised by CCP seems to point to the fact that it's kinda normal.

as for Capsuleers....

Alliance Tournament.
New Eden Open.

That is all.

-Rok

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #40 on: 09 Jun 2013, 02:09 »

there was a bunch of old news stories about escaped gladiators in the Empire, a long time ago.

\o/
Pages: 1 2 [3]