Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Evanda Char once gave Kaleigh Doyle a lamb as a pet?

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Would this be LEGAL in new eden?  (Read 2894 times)

Avio Yaken

• .________________________________________.
  • Egger
Would this be LEGAL in new eden?
« on: 02 Jun 2013, 20:00 »

so i been thinking of some kind of event Foley could hold, but when i think about it- Foley is a fearless, killing machine that likes making stuff go boom

so i thought

"Why not host a blood sport?"

the concept of it would be [throw 1-4 capsuleers (or dusters) in a pit on there own will (not forced) and have them kill one another with mostly firearms (toss a mace or something in) kinda a unreal tournament kinda thing] it doesn't have to be a  tv show, just a underground event

but is it legal? that is the question

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
Re: Would this be LEGAL in new eden?
« Reply #1 on: 02 Jun 2013, 20:03 »

Disclaimer: I'm not super familiar with DUST PF.

That being said, for Dusties, I don't see why it wouldn't be, at least in some places. If nothing else, outside the Empires, most things are legal because there are very few laws. Given the tech Dusties seem to have access to, it would in fact surprise me if they didn't have something like this. In some parts of the cluster (Delve comes to mind) bloodsports are probably held with slaves already.

It's a little different for podders, because the cloning tech involved is a bit different. Outside the pod, the only cloning tech they have access to is the (sometimes controversial) soft clone, which is not nearly as useful as a Duster style clone. So probably not, for them.

Avio Yaken

• Egger
« Reply #2 on: 02 Jun 2013, 20:09 »

Disclaimer: I'm not super familiar with DUST PF.

That being said, for Dusties, I don't see why it wouldn't be, at least in some places. If nothing else, outside the Empires, most things are legal because there are very few laws. Given the tech Dusties seem to have access to, it would in fact surprise me if they didn't have something like this. In some parts of the cluster (Delve comes to mind) bloodsports are probably held with slaves already.

It's a little different for podders, because the cloning tech involved is a bit different. Outside the pod, the only cloning tech they have access to is the (sometimes controversial) soft clone, which is not nearly as useful as a Duster style clone. So probably not, for them.

How about if it wasn't a fight in reality?

VR simulations? those exist yes? we could put the contestants in VR to fight it out

i want capsuleers because they dont entirely know firearm combat- but with dusters.........too simple (plus contestants would be scarce)

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #3 on: 02 Jun 2013, 20:16 »

I imagine that they probably have all kinds of VR stuff. Also, you might check out Splinterz and Mindclash on the wiki, once CCP gets the site back up. Those are examples of some head to head type sports that are officially in the world.

Ayallah

• Kameira
  • Egger
« Reply #4 on: 02 Jun 2013, 20:23 »

so i been thinking of some kind of event Foley could hold, but when i think about it- Foley is a fearless, killing machine that likes making stuff go boom

so i thought

"Why not host a blood sport?"

the concept of it would be [throw 1-4 capsuleers (or dusters) in a pit on there own will (not forced) and have them kill one another with mostly firearms (toss a mace or something in) kinda a unreal tournament kinda thing] it doesn't have to be a  tv show, just a underground event

but is it legal? that is the question

This a hundred times. 
Fuck legality, we'll do it un-policed, a private channel event.  I'll convince Shakor to Elderdoken Yulai again If I have to to get this.

I. Want. This.

Aya is in.  So, so in.
Lets do this!! :bash:

Syagrius

• Egger
    • Memoirs of a Madman.
« Reply #5 on: 02 Jun 2013, 20:24 »

Blood sports are always popular and legality isnt an issue once you shed Empire space.   

Now a Gladiatorial type contest featuring Dusters I would pay to see.  No VR, real blood and bone. 

If you decide to do something like this and need or don’t already have a sponsor let me know, I would be happy to help.

Avio Yaken

• Egger
« Reply #6 on: 02 Jun 2013, 20:30 »

Blood sports are always popular and legality isnt an issue once you shed Empire space.   

Now a Gladiatorial type contest featuring Dusters I would pay to see.  No VR, real blood and bone. 

If you decide to do something like this and need or don’t already have a sponsor let me know, I would be happy to help.

the problem with duster only contestants is the fact of how scarce they are in the RP community, hell im probably the only duster on the summit that doesn't have a EVE account, nor played it

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #7 on: 02 Jun 2013, 20:31 »

Sporting events, even bloody ones, are a Caldari past-time. Even if Katrina won't compete, she will certainly attend and enjoy the gore and death.

Ayallah

• Kameira
  • Egger
« Reply #8 on: 02 Jun 2013, 20:31 »

Do a mix, Dusters (out of suit) and Caps?

Avio Yaken

• Egger
« Reply #9 on: 02 Jun 2013, 20:38 »

forgot to add this

The purpose of wanting a blood sport with mainly capsuleers is a test to see if a capsuleer can fight just as good as a duster

Foley kinda has this thought that capsuleers are "frail,week and wouldn't last a second in his boots" so by hosting a capsuleer blood sport that resolves around common duster warfare to see if theres a capsuleers that can handle it

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 02 Jun 2013, 20:41 »

There are many missions where you can find these deadspace blood sport arenas.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #11 on: 02 Jun 2013, 20:44 »

Scale images!

Code: [Select]
[img width=640]http://games.chruker.dk/eve_online/graphics/ids/2048/2513.jpg[/img]
Never noticed that.

Avio Yaken

• Egger
« Reply #12 on: 02 Jun 2013, 20:48 »

oh boy i can see it now

[Foley Jones ] Hello ladies and gentlemen im Foley Jones here with Bishop Narsaw, tonight we got a special event tonight, Bishop tell em what we got planned
[Bishop Narsaw] Well Foley we will be pitting 4 capsuleers in Soma tanks armed with blasters & various repair modules, and we are going to see, who's tank is left standing

Della Monk

• Clonejack
« Reply #13 on: 02 Jun 2013, 21:07 »

Wasn't there a party held within the last year that featured a live arena?
But yes, this sounds like great fun.

Avio Yaken

• Egger
« Reply #14 on: 02 Jun 2013, 21:55 »

sponsors? never thought about sponsors.......yeah! i could use a sponsor :]
Pages: [1] 2 3