Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mind Clash is a hugely popular sport throughout the cluster, and is centered on the willpower of two opponents? Read more here!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Would this be LEGAL in new eden?  (Read 2896 times)

Avio Yaken

• .________________________________________.
  • Egger
Re: Would this be LEGAL in new eden?
« Reply #15 on: 02 Jun 2013, 22:05 »

btw i wanna know if anybody is ok if i developed a combat system for fairness so we dont have guy go like

/emote as soon as the buzzer goes off i pull my gun out with a motion of flowing water & pop my opponents head in the blink of a eye

im thinking of having a dice system were one person gets 1-3 & the other gets 4-6 to determin who lands a blow
and also!

There will be hit points & four types of rolls

Minor
Normal
Major
Fatal

minor,normal & major will be randomly selected should a roll comence while Fatal only shows up if the target has 0 hit points, so if your at 0 your still in it till someone lands a fatal on you

once i get this started il post all the details on the combat system a new thread

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #16 on: 02 Jun 2013, 23:35 »

That system means that every fight has a fifty-fifty chance.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Ayallah

• Kameira
  • Egger
« Reply #17 on: 02 Jun 2013, 23:54 »

btw i wanna know if anybody is ok if i developed a combat system for fairness so we dont have guy go like

/emote as soon as the buzzer goes off i pull my gun out with a motion of flowing water & pop my opponents head in the blink of a eye

im thinking of having a dice system were one person gets 1-3 & the other gets 4-6 to determin who lands a blow
and also!

There will be hit points & four types of rolls

Minor
Normal
Major
Fatal

minor,normal & major will be randomly selected should a roll comence while Fatal only shows up if the target has 0 hit points, so if your at 0 your still in it till someone lands a fatal on you

once i get this started il post all the details on the combat system a new thread

That system means that every fight has a fifty-fifty chance.

I would hope that the competitors/fighters would be mature enough to RP fairly

If we did have a system in place, perhaps the fighters are in a moderated channel and the moves are broadcast to the 'viewers' in a separate channel?  It sounds overly complicated but if competitive fairness is the key...

I hope it goes down either way, even if it is staged/OOC'd before it gets put into a public chat it would still be crazy awesome.

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #18 on: 03 Jun 2013, 00:06 »

1) my limited exposure to Foley Jones makes me think he's the right guy for this sort of spectacle and I approve.

2) avoiding metagame and godmodding is essential. If you can find a truly random way to determine the victor and both parties agree to it... that will be win. Personally I have settled life and death RP by third party coin toss before and it's been great! *Sorry Eran...I really wanted you to live*

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
« Reply #19 on: 03 Jun 2013, 00:27 »

What does that even mean?

I hope it goes down either way, even if it is staged/OOC'd before it gets put into a public chat it would still be crazy awesome.
Right. The Pieter and Ava fight was interesting even if it was choreographed.

Current Events

Ayallah

• Kameira
  • Egger
« Reply #20 on: 03 Jun 2013, 00:29 »

Still needs to happen, somehow...
« Last Edit: 03 Jun 2013, 00:31 by Ayallah »

Ayallah

• Kameira
  • Egger
« Reply #21 on: 03 Jun 2013, 00:31 »

What does that even mean?

Well, Diana and Raxip is a good example, they RP'd but didn't godmod.  Turned it into a text game of sorts.  A moderator/DM/Gamemaster may be the solution here but I still have faith in maturity.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
« Reply #22 on: 03 Jun 2013, 00:36 »

When you say 'fairness' in regards to RP, do you mean 'attempting to create a mutually satisfying experience?'

Actually, this is a good question for another thread.

Current Events

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #23 on: 03 Jun 2013, 00:38 »

Also my understanding of the Ava/Pieter jellofight was that the only scripted part was the end. Both participants "fought" via emotes until the agreed upon time. I will also state that one the most fun RP events I've had was when my Minmatar and Ava disagreed on corporate policy and settled the difference by fistfight. No godmodding, no bullshit. We both had a great time and I'm happy to admit My Brutor lost.

There are characters out there who will fight and lose if appropriate.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #24 on: 03 Jun 2013, 00:57 »

I have to imagine some of you old-school RPers have links to premade physical combat systems involving dice rolls.  Hell you could just have your guys roll DnD stats or something similar and run fights that way...

Ayallah

• Kameira
  • Egger
« Reply #25 on: 03 Jun 2013, 01:03 »

We could do tryouts.  In a separate channel, little play-fights to see any problem areas to correct before the big event.  Two people fight it out and if someone does something unfair the lurkers (other fighters waiting their turn, vips, mods etc) can chime in and say "Hey aya that last move was a little godmoddy"

we can do this right, people are smart.

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #26 on: 03 Jun 2013, 02:17 »

It seems a bit nitpicky but I'm willing to fight. lets do it!

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #27 on: 03 Jun 2013, 02:42 »

We could do tryouts.  In a separate channel, little play-fights to see any problem areas to correct before the big event.  Two people fight it out and if someone does something unfair the lurkers (other fighters waiting their turn, vips, mods etc) can chime in and say "Hey aya that last move was a little godmoddy"

we can do this right, people are smart.
Totally agree with this!
It is quite hard to prevent yourself from slipping to godmodding, especially when Im in a hurry or too eager to get result, and if someone can grab my hand and stop me in time, that would be just great!

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #28 on: 03 Jun 2013, 02:44 »

have all my slaves, let's make something meaningful.

Halete

• Egger
  • Just wants a friend...
« Reply #29 on: 03 Jun 2013, 03:18 »

When people suggest enforcing 50/50 dice systems for dictating fights between characters who are not intrinsically balanced fighters, with absolutely no regard for the flesh of the combatant's posts, I want to seriously self-gouge.

So in short; go for it, but keep it to channels that you own where I can opt out of participation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3