Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Sabik's Sepsis is a blood disease that rarely lasts into adulthood, but is considered sacrilege when it does? (The Burning Life, pp. 20,21)

Author Topic: Conversations with Omune Balenne  (Read 1455 times)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
Conversations with Omune Balenne
« on: 14 May 2010, 15:46 »

So, you know, I decided to talk with Omune Balenne in Arnon local...he seems to have the most "character" out of the all the faction navy capsuleers, especially seeing that he spoke out on the IGS against Vieve Creston.

A message regarding casualties
Arnon casualty report
Sent: 2010.05.14 18:45
To: Omune Balenne,

Is there any information you can give on this? Thank you.

Luminaire General Seriphyn Inhonores
Federal Defence Union

--------------------------------
Re: Arnon casualty report
Sent: 2010.05.14 19:56
To: Seriphyn Inhonores,

Officially, save for the crews and capsules lost amongst you, there were none. All dropships entering the atmosphere of targeted planets were located and destroyed before they could land.

Unofficially, small amounts may have been taken as dropships slipped past the major surface defences and went to other locations. We won't know if this is the case for days, and by that time the PR machine will have been saying "zero casualties" for a long while...

Hopefully we got them all.

Re: Re: Arnon casualty report
Sent: 2010.05.14 20:27
To: Omune Balenne,

Thank you for your reply, comrade Balenne.

It would restore some faith in us as to whether you could reveal if your opinions and general feelings on the current crisis reflect that of the Federation Navy and the Union as a whole? The media blackout puts us loyalists in a doubtful position.

Re: Re: Re: Arnon casualty report
Sent: 2010.05.14 20:38
To: Seriphyn Inhonores, 

If my mouth gets me into trouble, that could get in the way of me defending our own people. I'm sorry, I can't speak as openly as you would like.

Regarding why only one faction navy ship fights against the Sansha
Seriphyn Inhonores > Omune - Why was there no large-scale Federation Navy response? CONCORD?
Omune Balenne > Our guys took the dropships.
Seriphyn Inhonores > Ah, duh.
Omune Balenne > With the rest of the capsuleers handling the ships in orbit, we're free to engage them.
Omune Balenne > Seems so far the combination is effective.

Regarding a contract sale and losing HG slaves
Oboliskos > Coreli C-Type Adaptive Nano Plating
Coreli C-Type 1MN MicroWarpdrive
both 3mil off regular price!
Omune Balenne > Bah, Serpentis.
Omune Balenne > Federation Navy all the way.
Seriphyn Inhonores > /emote laughs, "I had Sansha implants, actually, Omune. Warped to the Archon at Intaki IV at 0...lost 1.5 billion worth of 'em..."
Omune Balenne > Ouch.
Omune Balenne > That's more ISK than I like to think about.
Omune Balenne > But you don't seem too concerned?
Seriphyn Inhonores > It was a Nemesis...paper ship. I don't mind...I can say "I died for Intaki"
Seriphyn Inhonores > /emote grins
Omune Balenne > Good way to go out.
Omune Balenne > Especially if you can come back.

Some flatterings
w4rp > Omune Balenne yo is a genetic ccp experiment?
Omune Balenne > Just a Navy soldier...
Lord Iman > you are the hero of Arnon
Omune Balenne > /emote scoffs. "What?!"
Omune Balenne > There were hundreds of you lot all there. I can't claim credit.
Omune Balenne > As with basically every invasion, at least as far as I know, it was capsuleer intervention that threw the Nation forces into dissarray.
Lord Iman > we can't go down there ... without you guys they people of Arnon would have been doomed.
Omune Balenne > Without you guys holding back the Nation vessels in orbit, we'd have been crushed.
Omune Balenne > To be frank...

Regarding Seriphyn's mother
Seriphyn Inhonores > Hey, say hi to my mother, Rear Admiral Xiuying Inhonores, Omune. She's still serving.
Omune Balenne > If I ever run into her, I'll do just that.
Omune Balenne > Mingling amongst the brass isn't really my deal, though.
Seriphyn Inhonores > What rank are you anyway?
Omune Balenne > I'm the guy who gets things done, just like you.
Omune Balenne > That's enough of a title for me.

Quafe?
Omune Balenne > Hey man, the quafe's on me. You guys are all <i>my</i> heros.
Seriphyn Inhonores > You seen my sponsorship deal? Quafe Navy Issue...great for after working out.
Omune Balenne > /emote grins
Omune Balenne > <i>Anyways</i>, I better stop wasting bandwidth here and go debrief.
Omune Balenne > Thanks for the conversation.

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
Re: Conversations with Omune Balenne
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2010, 04:45 »

Good stuff :D

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2010, 23:44 »

8)

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2010, 11:04 »

Here are Omune's post on eve-o

Intaki Attack Repelled - Two Carrriers Down
--------------------------------------------
Cleared for public release // FedNav PUBLIC-1

I've been asked to relay that there were no casualties. Seems the brass like to have me as a messenger for this sort of thing now, which no doubt means that I'm their default fall guy for any bad news as well.

I was too late to the fight, but I heard you lot wasted little time dealing with it. Intaki remains strong in the face of the Sansha threat. The way you capsuleers can coordinate, commit, and to be frank, brutalize those Sansha...it gives the people down there hope, and something to cheer for. Don't lose hope yourselves, we're counting on your continued support.

Today we have seen what appears to be Caldari citizens that were taken from Tama enslaved and implanted. This pilot, Slave Tama01, appears to be a capsuleer and was driven to attack settlements in both State and Federation territories, right on the heels of a savage battle in Odatrik, where I understand multiple planets were targeted. These attacks are continuing across the cluster, and the Sansha are evolving their tactics each time they reappear.

All of these are disturbing developments, and ones that must be met with vigilance and the full might of all the arms we can bear. We may be seeing what the stakes are now; what happens if our people fall into the hands of Sansha.

We are all valid targets to these monsters. This much is clear. We must continue to meet this threat as one.

The above is the author's personal opinion and may not represent the opinion or policy of his employer. This is a non-associated public release communication, as authorized by the Freedom of Communications Act, YC83.

[PUBLIC PETITION] FAO: Panaja Paukonsuo - Chief Executive, CONCORD

My Intaki isn't as good as some of you, but as far as I can tell, Ishaeka would translate to Leader Two, or something along those lines.

So I guess my question is for the Intaki leading this Taskforce. Did you name this operation yourself, eh? Curious name to give it, especially since I can only assume you did so at the beginning of the operation, before any intelligence had even been gathered.

I sure hope you guys know what the hell you're doing.

The above is the author's personal opinion and may not represent the opinion or policy of his employer. This is a non-associated public release communication, as authorized by the Freedom of Communications Act, YC83.

Sansha Incursion at the Kyonoke Pit

I have reliable sources telling me that Taisy Prime was not breached. I doubt the State will speak out on the matter, but hopefully the people in charge of the operations there understand the reassurance that official confirmation will bring. I understand there was a skirmish, some lives may have been lost. Families may need to be notified. I ask my fellow capsuleers to be patient with me on the provision of an official response.

I'm inclined to agree that we shouldn't rush to judgment either. The virus would appear to be useless to any living creature, even the abominations that attack our people.

I like how he responds in local, and ship chosen to fly is a Navy Dominix, probably the only space cammo ship out there in these events :lol: .

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2010, 18:19 »

Man, thats pretty awesome :D

Kudos to CCP for actually making a Character thats fun to be around in these events, want moar!

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean