Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Naqam (A Sansha aligned capsuleer corporation) manufactured the Naqam Heavy Bioindustries Ultra Happy Chip™? It was player created - see advertisements on the Eve Wiki!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Homeworld: Shipbreakers - The Prequel to Homeworld  (Read 5797 times)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/03/31/former-homeworld-devs-hardware-shipbreakers-gets-a-stunning-debut-trailer/

Quote from: PC Gamer
The debut trailer for Hardware: Shipbreakers, the sci-fi strategy game made by some of the people behind the Homeworld series, shows what can be achieved with just concept art, music and magnificently gruff narration. There’s nary a hint of ‘gameplay’ in this video – which tells the story of a shipbreaker’s desire to return home from a mysterious ‘graveyard planet’ – but it’s comfortably the best trailer I’ve seen all year, evoking the similarly beautiful cutscenes from the Homeworld games. Have a gander below.

We don’t know much about Hardware: Shipbreakers, other than that it’s a “persistent multiplayer” “social strategy game” from Blackbird Interactive, a company made up of former Relic staff, including Homeworld’s art director Rob Cunningham and lead artist Aaron Kambeitz. The description on the Facebook beta signup page reveals a little more: “HARDWARE (HW) is a next-generation online social game based on the concept of salvaging resources on a distant, barren planet named LM-27.” Next-generation eh? So presumably it’s going to be on PS4 or the mythical next Xbox as well.

Hardware: Shipbreakers is due out sometime this year, and after watching the following video, you’ll wish that “sometime” meant “sometime next week”. (Thanks to Kotaku.)

« Last Edit: 27 Oct 2013, 15:04 by Katrina Oniseki »

Lyn Farel

:eek:

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...

Ok

That sound when they moved to the overmap...

I think I peed a little.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child

Ok

That sound when they moved to the overmap...

I think I peed a little.

I squealed out loud.

Kasuko

• Wetgraver
  • Impunetrable

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain

All my sperm fell out. Again.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

Where were you guys when I was spamming the awesome trailers in OOC a few weeks ago and ranting like a madman that this was teh awesomez?

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist

Where were you guys when I was spamming the awesome trailers in OOC a few weeks ago and ranting like a madman that this was teh awesomez?

Somewhere else not paying attention.

Obviously :)

As for the content here, the concepts seems cool to me, but I'm still waiting for a Homeworld 3 to come out.

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain

Old news is old, but very happy the "old Relic" is kind of back together. Plus, it looks awesome.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran

There are background youtube videos.

Also, there is a beta....

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
Re: "Hardware: Shipbreakers" - From the Makers of "Homeworld"
« Reply #10 on: 30 May 2013, 01:18 »

Waiting for gameplay...

Always wait for gameplay.

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #11 on: 30 May 2013, 02:42 »

Waiting for gameplay...

Well said good sir

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #12 on: 30 May 2013, 03:10 »

We don’t know much about Hardware: Shipbreakers, other than that it’s a “persistent multiplayer” “social strategy game” from Blackbird Interactive, a company made up of former Relic staff, including Homeworld’s art director Rob Cunningham and lead artist Aaron Kambeitz. The description on the Facebook beta signup page reveals a little more: “HARDWARE (HW) is a next-generation online social game based on the concept of salvaging resources on a distant, barren planet named LM-27.
ALERT. ALERT. CRITICAL DANGER. ABORT. ABORT. ABORT.

:bash:

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #13 on: 30 May 2013, 08:30 »

We don’t know much about Hardware: Shipbreakers, other than that it’s a “persistent multiplayer” “social strategy game” from Blackbird Interactive, a company made up of former Relic staff, including Homeworld’s art director Rob Cunningham and lead artist Aaron Kambeitz. The description on the Facebook beta signup page reveals a little more: “HARDWARE (HW) is a next-generation online social game based on the concept of salvaging resources on a distant, barren planet named LM-27.
ALERT. ALERT. CRITICAL DANGER. ABORT. ABORT. ABORT.

:bash:

Someone somewhere will enjoy it, obviously. Don't mean I will though. I have no presence on facebook or twitter or any other site like it and I have no console that is up-to-date. Neither of these will change anytime soon.

This game looks to be promising... to many people. Me, as stated, still wait for a new Homeworld game.

A simple RTS title.

For the PC. That is all I really want. It it's made well and isn't overly exploited shit I'll buy it if it's not divided into 1 million parts and sold one piece at a time (over-use of DLC content etc) and I'll thank whoever created it and moved the story onward.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #14 on: 30 May 2013, 21:02 »

Waiting for gameplay...

Well said good sir

It looks like Episode 3 has some basic gameplay.
Pages: [1] 2 3