Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Jove Empire is isolated from the rest of the world to all but a selected few? read more here.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Character ban  (Read 8899 times)

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
Re: Character ban
« Reply #45 on: 11 May 2013, 02:23 »

I was told the ban was permanent. But should it come down to that, I will point out that most players have only been given a 30 day ban for a first offence. That would be admitting fault to something I didn't do though and I want to avoid that if at all possible.

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #46 on: 11 May 2013, 02:31 »

I want to post this but I'm tempted to wait a bit longer

"I am concerned with this as well. I have been banned on one of my accounts for supposedly using this hack. I found this post after researching the hack which I had no knowledge of before this ban. I was actually freaking out that my account had been hacked when I couldn't log in so I went to change the password and found I was banned. I had to wait a further 24 hours to find out the nature of the ban. I am wondering why I was given a permanent ban and others were given a 30 day ban. I've played eve consistently for 6 years with no issue."

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #47 on: 11 May 2013, 02:54 »

If you truly honestly did not use any hacks or exploits or macros or anything of the sort... you need to ask them what you can do to prove it. You need to ask them to escalate the petition to somebody higher up, if possible. Your above post will not help.

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #48 on: 11 May 2013, 03:15 »

That was something I was going to put on the forums. I'm dealing with this via petition. And trust me, I will have it escalated and I will do everything to prove that I didn't use this hack.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #49 on: 11 May 2013, 11:26 »

That was something I was going to put on the forums. I'm dealing with this via petition. And trust me, I will have it escalated and I will do everything to prove that I didn't use this hack.

Don't post anything related to it on the forums. ISD will lock your thread and you'll earn no brownie points from the GMs or players.

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #50 on: 11 May 2013, 17:08 »

Don't post anything related to it on the forums. ISD will lock your thread and you'll earn no brownie points from the GMs or players.

That's why im trying to deal with this properly.

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #51 on: 17 May 2013, 04:10 »

Smallish update: Still waiting....it's been nearly a week. Feeling very discouraged  :bash:

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #52 on: 17 May 2013, 04:17 »

This is kinda bullshit =(

Sorry Lasa, I hope it gets sorted soon  :cube:

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #53 on: 17 May 2013, 04:25 »

Thanks Ava. It's stupid how much I feel like crying cause they stole a piece of me :(

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #54 on: 17 May 2013, 04:31 »

I'd be devastated if that happened to me, hon. Also, its fucking stupid that CCP bans for this (( first offense, how about a warning/temp ban?? )) but did NOT ban the guy who threatened me IRL, sent me numerous vulgar harassing emails (racist cunt was one of the gems he called me in one of them) for a single minute.

Pretty fucked up priorities.

* Ava Stafire hugs lots

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #55 on: 17 May 2013, 04:33 »

I'd be devastated if that happened to me, hon. Also, its fucking stupid that CCP bans for this (( first offense, how about a warning/temp ban?? )) but did NOT ban the guy who threatened me IRL, sent me numerous vulgar harassing emails (racist cunt was one of the gems he called me in one of them) for a single minute.

Pretty fucked up priorities.

* Ava Stafire hugs lots

WHAT? They didn't ban him?!!? That's so messed up. Way to protect your players, CCP! *hugs tight*

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #56 on: 17 May 2013, 04:37 »

I have him on WL, he has not missed a single day, so, sure seems ban-free to me.

I know they were cracking down on clientside hacks, but come on; a warning first?

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #57 on: 17 May 2013, 04:39 »

I have him on WL, he has not missed a single day, so, sure seems ban-free to me.

I know they were cracking down on clientside hacks, but come on; a warning first?

According to my research, they initially gave 30 day bans and then clarified that it was a violation of the EULA and therefore a perma-ban.  :( I'm still holding out hope. I don't know how I could be banned for something I didn't do! Although, I'm sure they hear that a lot *sigh* I don't get it. Surely there are far worse players than I? More waiting and seeing.  :cube:

Norrin Ellis

« Reply #58 on: 17 May 2013, 05:02 »

Using Fanfest as a platform to incite players to push a guy to suicide: 30 days

Autopiloting to 0 km: Forever

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #59 on: 17 May 2013, 05:18 »

Using Fanfest as a platform to incite players to push a guy to suicide: 30 days

Autopiloting to 0 km: Forever