Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You could create 5,000+ AU Deepsafe spots from the galaxy map before it was removed?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Re: House of Heidrich  (Read 4659 times)

Lyn Farel

Re: Re: House of Heidrich
« Reply #15 on: 19 Apr 2013, 02:11 »

I made the link at first, but I don't really care. I took it as face value as (almost) anything and it's a pretty common name too (see, 2 of them in WW2).

I would be more concerned about someone using Dracula as a last name for a blooder, tbh.

Good luck in your endeavours in any case. Nice to see new Amarr players.

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #16 on: 19 Apr 2013, 03:23 »

I really do appreciate the positive responses in my defense about my last name. But at this point, this issue is becoming something of a petty grade school dispute over the association of a single letter in my name. Can we please just put a cap on this before this starts becoming a flame fest? I see someone here has already taken the liberty of sticking the kindling under the pot. I mean seriously. Why is this even an issue?

Thank you.

Well the main "issue" people are having is not with your choice is that Heydrich was instrumental in the indiscriminate mass murder of millions of jews, roma, sinthi, disabled people and political opponents.

The real issue is your lack of consideration for the offended parties in this case.

And, no Aldrith, I do not think so.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #17 on: 19 Apr 2013, 03:44 »

The real issue is your lack of consideration for the offended parties in this case.

You of all people should think twice before saying that to anybody here.

Short of an apology and plea to ignorance (both optional), I don't think Gervas has any obligation or responsibility to cater to others over a character name.
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2013, 03:46 by Katrina Oniseki »

Ascentior

• Admiral
  • Clonejack
« Reply #18 on: 19 Apr 2013, 06:42 »

I think you will find that name is much more memorable to some societies. Not something they will have to google to notice the link.
As for having no obligation, it depends on scale. If he happens to offend enough people, CCP would help to remove any obligation along with the name.
I personally am not offended, doesn't mean someone who may be has any less right to be.

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #19 on: 19 Apr 2013, 08:16 »

I really do appreciate the positive responses in my defense about my last name. But at this point, this issue is becoming something of a petty grade school dispute over the association of a single letter in my name. Can we please just put a cap on this before this starts becoming a flame fest? I see someone here has already taken the liberty of sticking the kindling under the pot. I mean seriously. Why is this even an issue?

Thank you.

Well the main "issue" people are having is not with your choice is that Heydrich was instrumental in the indiscriminate mass murder of millions of jews, roma, sinthi, disabled people and political opponents.

And, no Aldrith, I do not think so.
Once again, wrong name. People do not spell Reinhard's name with an I. There is a reason for that, and that is because his name was never spelled with an EI, but with the EY. If we were all communicating via skype, I'd understand your offense, but this is text and you're starting to leave the realm of righteous indignation, and starting to veer off into slandering an otherwise blameless name.

The Nazi Richard Heidrich was a Luftwaffe General/Fallschirmjäger. He's never (to my knowledge) been accused of war crimes or even wartime atrocity (though I'm not sure if his battalion was involved in civilian shootings during the battle of Crete). He was instrumental in the development of paratrooper tactics, and was a very able commander.

Reinhard Heydrich was Hitler's go-to psychopath (because even Hitler needed someone to inspire him, apparently), and is for some reason not as well known as Himmler or Goering. He was an all-around monstrosity, to the point that he was assassinated by the allies halfway through the war. He died slowly, btw.

The two last names are pronounced the same in most German-speaking areas, but in some dialects (some Swiss, for example), would pronounce Heydrich as closer to HAYdrich(or HAIYdrich), and Heidrich as HIGHdrich.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #20 on: 19 Apr 2013, 09:33 »

^

Gervas Heidrich

« Reply #21 on: 19 Apr 2013, 10:30 »

Laerise: You seriously need to do your home before you go posting and derailing my thread. Without doing any extensive amount of research into the name Heidrich, you decided to go and find the first radical thing that comes to your brain and associate me with some Nazi German psychopath. So I'm about to derail *you*.

Ruth Heidrich, Ph.D

Dr. Heidrich is a six-time Ironman Triathlon finisher, holder of more than 900 gold medals from every distance from 100 meter dashes to 5K road races to ultra marathons and triathlons.  She has completed more than 60 marathons all over the world, including Boston, New York, Moscow, and has held 3 world fitness records in her age group at the famed Cooper Clinic in Dallas, Texas.  She also was named one of the "Top Ten Fittest Women in North America" in 1999.

She is the author of Senior Fitness, A Race For Life, The CHEF Cook/Rawbook, several videos and co-host of a weekly talk show, Nutrition & You on KWAI, Honolulu, Hawaii.

She is a graduate of UCLA and holds a Master's degree in Psychology, and a doctorate in Health Education.  She has also taught in this field at the University of Hawaii.

Art Heidrich

A graduate of Stanford University with a Bachelor's in Economics. 5 years experience as an investment banker and has volunteered his time with an organization called "All Stars Helping Kids" which was created to help seed funds to non-profit startups serving low-income youths.

Joerg Heidrich
(An actual German)

Education: 1977 - 1984 he attended Rheinisch-Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen (RWTH Aachen University)

Member of the Worldwide Bayer HealthCare Product Supply Executive Team; Board of Bayer US Country Council; Board of Directors of San Francisco BayArea Council; Board Member of UC Berkeley Biotech Automation Council

A recognized leader in the field of Bio-manufacturing, Mr. Heidrich has dedicated over 25 years of his professional career to the management of various manufacturing operations within the global Bayer Group. He currently heads the Global Product Supply Biotech organization overseeing the manufacturing and distribution of Bayer’s $3 billion biotechnology product portfolio.
Mr. Heidrich is known for his passion on leadership, process orientation and operational excellence which has led to numerous outstanding financial achievements and international speaker requests.

---

I dare you to go up to any one of these three individuals and call them Nazi German mass murdering psychopaths. Now kindly shut the **** up with your consideration to others crap.
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2013, 10:33 by Gervas Heidrich »

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: House of Heidrich
« Reply #22 on: 19 Apr 2013, 10:41 »

[mod]Off-topic derailment that was clearly devolving into a series of rule violations - personal attacks, flaming/flamebait, etc.[/mod]
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.
Pages: 1 [2]