Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Vitoc is the antidote to a deadly toxin, not the poison itself?  For more information see Vitoc.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Which characters would you 'drive' for a while and what would you do with them?  (Read 6244 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

So, let's use our 'what if' module and pretend you could 'take over' some of our friendly RPers (or non RPers) characters' or groups and play as them for a spell. 

Who would you control? What would you do with them? Keep it nice :P  "I would take over so and so and biomass" is not a good answer.

Here's a few off the top of my head:

Rodj Blake:  I have a strong desire to peer into the secret and ancient PIE private vaults and see what famous and important items are hidden within.   Also PIE would launch a very public and directed jihad against the Matari.  PIE would move into Matari highsec and wardec anything that moved.

CVA:  Close the borders, eject the heathens not declaring for the Empress.  Maybe a campaign in FW to recapture all the systems for the Empire.

Anabella Rella:  I've always liked the character and her vitriolic posts.  I think some more aggressive anti-imperial work might be fun :)

Jade Constantine:  Just because we don't have enough Star Fraction in our lives.  The Free Captains need to return.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

OH and Muck Raker x 1000.   She needs a live-audience tabloid broadcast show post haste.

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons

Interesting topic. Sadly, most (if not all) of the characters I have that level of respect for I could not imagine myself playing for fear that I could never do the character and player justice.
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

Interesting topic. Sadly, most (if not all) of the characters I have that level of respect for I could not imagine myself playing for fear that I could never do the character and player justice.

Answer Rejected! Use your handwavium and pretend you'd be able to play them exactly the same. Then where would you take them? :P

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire

Kyber. Because I would baffle everyone as to why he was suddenly crap at physics.

Laerise, and I would then have her defect to the Khanid Kingdom, finally accepting her birthright ;)

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Lyn Farel

Scagga. Twice more hrr-ing and backhand deals with his buddy, the Golden Mountain of Providence. Taking over again the whole Derelik Market, siding up with Catiz, and form the wealthiest conglomerate in New Eden.

And then stabbing Aritcio in the back like a proper Ammatar just after having besmirshed his reputation down to less than nothing. And taking his place ofc. Totally legitimate.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran

Laerise, and I would then have her defect to the Khanid Kingdom, finally accepting her birthright ;)

How can one loyal to the Empire defect to a Kingdom of said Empire? It's like an US soldier defects by joining Texas. <.<

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

How can one loyal to the Empire defect to a Kingdom of said Empire? It's like an US soldier defects by joining Texas. <.<

Kala's joking about how Laerise will almost literally start frothing at the mouth with steam pouring from her ears if you call her Khanid.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child

I'd have to say you Silas, or perhaps Mitara Newelle. I have always found the influential and powerful female characters to be very interesting. Women willing to do the job whatever it takes, without worrying about what people think of them.

To hell with diplomacy... there's a war to fight!

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette

Lord Vaari, of course. Basking in the glory of my many accomplishments and the adoration of the masses would be a sublime experience. Who wouldn't want to be the Golden Mountain for a day? Ah, but a man can dream. I would declare new annual holiday lasting 30 thirty days a year, which my loyal subjects would celebrate by working double their usual double 7-hour daily shifts. They will increase productivity by 37.8 % every hour in order to buy present worthy of their great and most humble Lord.

I would also play Tiberious. As Tibs, I would put aside my monkish and socially reclusive lifestyle and finally put my good looks and charming nature to use for the good of Nation. Dressed in a stylish green tuxedo, a dark red silk shirt and a cheekily tilted bowler hat, I would dazzle the Summit regulars (and particularly the charming ladies) with my wit and charm. I would also invite one lucky lady out on a fairy-tale late dinner featuring tiny drone dragons, a long walk through a secluded stone garden under the stars, and fireworks at the stroke of midnight. Looking deep into my date's spellbound eyes, I would give her cheek the gentlest of caresses and confide to her in a murmur barely loud enough to be heard that the life, the very essence of Sansha Kuvakei's Dream can be summed up in just three simple words: "Happily ever after."

*Wistful sigh*
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me

It's hard, because some of my favourite characters in EVE are not necessarily people who I would play.

Cael is probably one of my favourite characters for example, but I'd never play him. His mix of caustic wit and reason are perfect just as they are.

I'd love to play Vaari, though I could only manage a poor facsimile of his stilted syntax and weird illogical statements. However, I'd have a tonne of fun trying.

I've always been a big fan of Simon Coal, though I think I've got Intaki RP covered.

I guess I'd most like to play someone Amarrian. I have a secret love for traditionalist Amarr RP, so someone like Aldrith or Rodj or Graelyn.

Oh, and Jade. Definitely Jade. The cluster is not as fun without her.

Sakura Nihil

• Egger
  • Glory

Good topic!

Morlag / Ava - Arguably some of the most fun and well-liked characters out there, it would be interesting to see what skeletons they have in their closet!  Or use that likability to bend other characters to their will.

Pieter - I would just have him snap after an event, and turn on Heth and "his State" in an attempt to instigate a coup.  He's far too duty-focused at the moment, but I feel if his sense of duty could be shifted from "the State" to "the State's people", he'd start gunning for Heth and the CPD.

Tibs - Delve a bit more into why he's gone toaster, and if an opportunity presents itself, portray a clash between his will and what the implants push him to do (or think).  I don't think I'd be able to pull it off without research or more information on the character, but there's at least the potential for that internal struggle there (man vs. machine).

Kat - Because Sakura's player playing a female Caldari that acts in many ways like Sakura and who happens to be friends with Sakura would be a pretty fucking interesting inception-style mindfuck.

Istvaan Shogaatsu - Because I'd like to play a character with more ISK and "A"'s in their name than I'll ever see elsewhere.  Also, for the ladies.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain

I have always found the influential and powerful female characters to be very interesting. Women willing to do the job whatever it takes, without worrying about what people think of them.

To hell with diplomacy... there's a war to fight!

You and me both Kat, you and me both... probably for completely different reasons though. Or perhaps...

I guess I'd most like to play someone Amarrian. I have a secret love for traditionalist Amarr RP, so someone like Aldrith or Rodj or Graelyn.

:D Come back to the fold!

Anyway, for myself I'd really have to think long on this. I rather like some of the ideas in Caldari RP, but if I'm going to be in someone else's shoes I'd like it to be totally different from Aldy.

Rhiannon

• Wetgraver

I would also play Tiberious. As Tibs, I would put aside my monkish and socially reclusive lifestyle and finally put my good looks and charming nature to use for the good of Nation. Dressed in a stylish green tuxedo, a dark red silk shirt and a cheekily tilted bowler hat, I would dazzle the Summit regulars (and particularly the charming ladies) with my wit and charm. I would also invite one lucky lady out on a fairy-tale late dinner featuring tiny drone dragons, a long walk through a secluded stone garden under the stars, and fireworks at the stroke of midnight. Looking deep into my date's spellbound eyes, I would give her cheek the gentlest of caresses and confide to her in a murmur barely loud enough to be heard that the life, the very essence of Sansha Kuvakei's Dream can be summed up in just three simple words: "Happily ever after."

*Wistful sigh*

I laughed so hard.

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah

I think my first choice would be The Cosmopolite. Probably one of the best thought, demented scientists out there, with that transhuman bent and crazed background that'd make something new and fresh. Of course, I'd make up dozens of random and absurd creations, throw a lavish maddened party where pilots would have to bet their lives in a maddened maze, and wardec everyone out there.

And, on a more serious side, maybe Malcolm Cross. I'd like to get inside the incoming Caldari civil war, and with some solid arguments, start wardecking any and all caldari corps, igniting the war to full strength even as the Gallente came, and finally put a gun against Heth's head. All the while, remaining cold, planning well, and with strong arguments for everything.

Finally, Istvaan would also be a choice, as I'd love to see the skeletons in the closet of the Guiding Hand. Well, that's old-Seph speaking for me. xD
Pages: [1] 2 3 4