Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The number of young, idealistic scientists found in Verge Vendor is disproportionately high? (Region Description)

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: New, Eccentric, Mordus-aligned Corp Seeks (kinda)Qualified Applicants  (Read 8941 times)

Hong WeiLoh

• Clonejack

(tl;dr: RP-lite, unconventionalPvP-centric with exploration and maybe some missioning for ISKing, seeks unconventional peoples for less-than-conventional shenanigans)

After having been around the block a few times, in hisec, lowsec, and nullsec, dealing with demanding people, giant egos, unhealthy amounts of risk-aversion, and even a giant coalition to whom you're nothing more than a number, I decided to do my own thing.

I formed Hong's Harriers as a Free Company of capsuleers, to be just what the namesake implies: an avian bird of prey, a raptor, which swoops from the heights upon an unsuspecting victim, talons extended, and is gone swiftly, leaving little in its wake but the diminishing echo of squeals of its impaled victim. To "harry", to harass, threaten, intimidate, as if by repeated swift attacks.
After some consulting with my long-time friend, Madamoiselle Presidente Eionell of the IPI, and having created my own Company, establishing contracts and licensure with Mordu's Legion, I decided to return home to Intaki, and re-establish the Legion presence there.

If you hate:
-killboard obsession and over-the-top risk-aversion
-self-aggrandizing egomaniacs in "leadership" roles
-being a nameless, faceless number on some alliance megalomaniac's spreadsheet
-being reprimanded and punished for self-motivation or taking initiative
-having to fly faction/T2/T3(!!!) ships all the time, every time or :urdoingitwrong:

Then I might have just what you're looking for.

If you like:
-living in lowsec
-unconventional small-gang warfare, eschewing the "blob" concept of lining up armadas of ships and shooting into each other until one side or the other flees
-flying cheap, fast, and dangerous, challenging yourself to do more with less
-taking manageable (yet not utterly stupid) risks and enjoying the outcome, win, lose, or draw
-being able to function with some independence, not having to have an "approved" FC riding herd on you constantly
-...yet still being able to come together and work with others as a team
-actual leadership (from an RL firefighter with 10 years in, 5 of those as a Company Officer, leading and training others regularly)

...and you can:
-use voice comms effectively in combat (TS and Vent, as we will cooperate with diff corps and alliances that may use either comm program)
-fly a T1 ship: DPS, logi, or EWAR, BC or below with relatively good skills (T2 guns/tank strongly preferred, T2 hulls optional)
-provide a full account (all chars) API key, and submit to a background/reference check
-tolerate OOC corp chat (you are free to write your backstory, RP it up in RP channels, forums, etc, just don't demand that everyone else do exactly as you do)
-deal with eccentric Murrican humor and frequent out-of-context B-, C-, and D-movie or game references in comms and corp chat

Then shoot me an EVEMail and we'll talk.

Hong's Harriers is an equal-opportunity destroyer.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child

PLEASE be the type of eccentric Mordu seen in Templar One. :D

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons

Mm, good luck with this!

WTR will be in touch.
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain

Huh.

Dude. I like this.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer

So, as a Mordu's aligned Corp, any plans to go into mercenary work? 

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons

Merc werk.
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

Merc werk.
snerk
Werking mercs with quirky snerks?

In all seriousness, this looks interesting - good luck!
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Hong WeiLoh

• Clonejack

PLEASE be the type of eccentric Mordu seen in Templar One. :D

lol Ms Oniseki: I am sure my good friends Sakaane and Bataav can vouch for my eccentricity, having chatted with them at some lengths in convos and comms for a while now. ;-)
I have FC'd some slightly inebriated small-gang goodtimes such that even though :welp: sometimes happens, hilarity almost always ensues. This one time, in nullsec, I FCed a small bubble-gank squad that ended up joining with another such squad a couple systems over ... I took the scout role, and .... #2 damage-dealer in a pre-buff gankRax on a CVA Chimera I found in an anom.
....and they say kitchen sink fleets are fail. ;-)

^^ that's the sort of fun and hilarity I'm looking to have happen.

As for "merk werk", yes, but in a more "storyline" fashion, rather than just randomly wardeccing people for fun. After -A-/En Garde failscaded, my previous corp ended up joining a dec alliance and doing that for a while. Was fun, but it gets old pretty quickly. I had thought about the RP-lite Mordus thing for quite a while, and when Sakaane mentioned in IGS about the Legion re-establishing a presence in Intaki, the little CFL bulb in my brain slowly glowed to life... and here I am. ;-)

Sakaane Eionell

• Wetgraver
    • Solitary Pilot

Confirming that Hong is a cool, eccentric guy. He knows his stuff, is easy to get along with, and is a great fleetmate.

:cube:

Joh

• I jam stations.
  • Clonejack
  • Kick the tires and light the fires.

I would like to join this corp. Just sent you an evemail. I hope to fly with you in the future.  8)
-=  Forever in the future shall I battle as of yore. Dying to be born a fighter, but to die again once more.=-

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...

Kewl!  8)

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Hong WeiLoh

• Clonejack

I would like to join this corp. Just sent you an evemail. I hope to fly with you in the future.  8)

Replied.  :D

And thanks to Madamoiselle Presidente Eionell, for her kind words as well.  :P

Recruiting still definitely open. Anyone who wants to try out some eccentric, experimental, "hilarity will ensue" small-gang fun in an RP-lite, not a lotta pressure atmosphere, come say hi.  ;)

Hong WeiLoh

• Clonejack

Recruiting still most assuredly open.

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!

This looks interesting. I'll be in touch with you in-game :)
Pages: [1] 2 3