Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Emperor Heideran VII died on 17.09YC105  of Turit Disease just two weeks after the publication of his opus 'Pax Amarria'.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: [Chronicle] After The Fall  (Read 3904 times)

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
[Chronicle] After The Fall
« on: 25 Mar 2013, 06:23 »

Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Grideris

• Wetgraver
  • Keeper of the bowl of Infinite Popcorn
Re: [Chronicle] After The Fall
« Reply #1 on: 25 Mar 2013, 07:56 »

[spoiler]But then who was body? D:[/spoiler]

« Last Edit: 25 Mar 2013, 07:57 by Ciarente »

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 25 Mar 2013, 07:58 »

Added a spoiler tag for you!
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Desiderya

« Reply #3 on: 25 Mar 2013, 08:15 »

Interesting chronicle. I like it.

Although I kind of share the confusion. Must re-read when I'm at home. :O

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons
« Reply #4 on: 25 Mar 2013, 08:19 »

I think, based on the chronicle language and while attempting to not give spoilers, the last sentence refers to his own people.
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

Ollie

• Egger
« Reply #5 on: 25 Mar 2013, 08:26 »

[spoiler]But then who was body? D:[/spoiler]

I think Art's certainly right about who they were. Why? Here's my take on the answer to that question:

[spoiler]I think the narrator was Dexter Morgan transposed to an internet spaceship game. In my reading of it, the repeated references to 'the garden' sounded like both metaphor and euphemism - I think his first reference to it was as something that 'needed absolute attention' and, in the end, lost out to raising his family (which required the same). ::shrug:: Will have to read it again and see if this impression sticks.[/spoiler]

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #6 on: 25 Mar 2013, 08:40 »

[spoiler]Yeah. I didn't see any mention of the guards carting away the vandals, which led me to figure that they were the bodies, myself.[/spoiler]
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Desiderya

« Reply #7 on: 25 Mar 2013, 08:45 »

[spoiler]
I offered the guards all the herbs and vegetables they wanted, and they declined with polite amusement. They told me they would spread the word that I and my garden weren't to be touched, and if that either were harmed in any fashion, there'd be a scouring. I thanked them profusely. They left me after a while, carting off the miscreants and promising to keep an eye out for my dog.
[/spoiler]

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #8 on: 25 Mar 2013, 08:50 »

[spoiler]
I offered the guards all the herbs and vegetables they wanted, and they declined with polite amusement. They told me they would spread the word that I and my garden weren't to be touched, and if that either were harmed in any fashion, there'd be a scouring. I thanked them profusely. They left me after a while, carting off the miscreants and promising to keep an eye out for my dog.
[/spoiler]

Okay, I'm clearly not as awake as I thought I was. Missed that. xD
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #9 on: 25 Mar 2013, 10:24 »

[spoiler]I think one, at least, was his wife.[/spoiler]

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 25 Mar 2013, 11:28 »

I must really not be awake because I read it straight and didn't see any hidden meanings. Someone want to point out where they think some of these are?

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #11 on: 25 Mar 2013, 12:59 »

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #12 on: 25 Mar 2013, 13:17 »

I might be brain-farting but I'm really not seeing the 'hidden' things here?

Lyn Farel

« Reply #13 on: 25 Mar 2013, 13:21 »

[spoiler]The vegetables would be the corpses of the gallente offenders. Not sure myself but it's a possibility. The mention of "bodies" at the end triggered a lot of alarms for me. Of course the bodies could just be the work of the Caldari guards too, burried amongst the vegetables...[/spoiler]

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help
« Reply #14 on: 25 Mar 2013, 13:42 »

I read it as the Gallentean version of Wild Earth:)
Pages: [1] 2 3