Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Hak'len (AKA Kresh liquor) is toxic to non-Caldari?

Author Topic: Sani Sabik theological differences  (Read 1797 times)

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
Sani Sabik theological differences
« on: 23 Feb 2013, 05:39 »

Louella's thread about evolution of Amarr religions reminded me of some things about the Sani Sabik branches.

There are several branches, and I believe it is useful to keep this in mind.

There are also several locations of importance, which would influence later developments as well.

Firstly, there were the original Sani Sabik, on Amarr Prime. Campaigns by the authorities against the cults suppressed them for a while. Upon the rediscovery of space travel, the cults sprang back up.

Some groups went to Araz constellation, to found the Takmahl empire, which subsequently collapsed.

Other groups went to The Bleak Lands, some of which later formed the Blood Raider Covenant.

Other groups did not leave the Empire, and remained, although hidden.

After the collapse of the Takmahl, the Araz constellation was re-inhabited by the Empire, though it remained theologically controversial. The Sani Sabik and even the Blood Raider Covenant had a substantial presence there, for many years. A later campaign by the Empire removed the Sani Sabik from Araz. Only in recent years, have the Covenant made a return to pore over the ruins of the past.

The Sani Sabik living in the Bleak Lands, would have been greatly affected by the Blood Wars, which led to the expulsion of the Covenant from the Tandoiras constellation. Some civilian Sani Sabik are assumed by some to remain living in the Bleak Lands, although the region is not well patrolled, given the ongoing militia wars.

The region of Delve, and the inhabitants, I am unsure of the exact nature of. Apparently it was pioneered by Sani sabik and Blood raider settlers a few hundred years ago.

There are also the foreign cultists, Midna Lyre being an example, she is Gallentean.

So there are at least the following groups:

1. Original Sani Sabik cults and descendants that never left the Empire.
2. First wave of inhabitants of Araz, formed the Takmahl, collapsed.
3. Second wave of Araz inhabitants, driven out after centuries.
4. The Bleak Lands inhabitants, that never left.
5. Delve residents.
6. Foreign Cultists.

These different groups would have different traditions, rituals, and interpretations.

Anything more that is known ? I don't know where to place the Mul-Zatah, the Darkkonen, or the Crimson Hand, as I don't know much about them.
« Last Edit: 02 Mar 2013, 07:22 by Synthia »
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
Re: Sani Sabik theological differences
« Reply #1 on: 23 Feb 2013, 05:53 »

I get the impression that the Sani's are the Amarrian equivalent of Satanists.

At least their theology of personal power and advancement seems to fit that pattern.

Do the Sani Sabik players here agree with this?
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
Re: Sani Sabik theological differences
« Reply #2 on: 23 Feb 2013, 08:12 »

On the Bleak Lands, there probably still is a strong presence of hidden Sabik among the civilian population. It's too much a chaos of a region now, with systems changing hands and all that, and afterall it was there were Sarikusa raised not so many years ago. He was defeated and expelled of the Bleak, but there probably hasn't been time to capture all the followers and small cults.

As for Sabik being satanists in EVE, I'd agree that'd be one of the main influences when developing them. Like Amarr religion counts with judeo-christian religion as an influence when it was created. But, to a degree, it can also be seen as just "the reverse" of most amarrian positions on theology,much like satanism is "the reverse" of many catholic positions.