Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the war between Electus Matari and PIE Inc started when -EM- pilots destroyed a slaver vessel in The Bleak Lands?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ship Fitting sub forum?  (Read 4002 times)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
Ship Fitting sub forum?
« on: 21 Feb 2013, 04:53 »

I know I'm probably not the only one here who enjoys theory crafting fits for various ships and roles, so I was wondering if there was any support for the idea of a ship fitting sub forum on here? Just somewhere to post the fits we love, compare notes, and harass each other for putting a small cap booster on a battlecruiser ;)

« Last Edit: 21 Feb 2013, 06:11 by Ciarente »

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Re: Ship Fitting sub forum?
« Reply #1 on: 21 Feb 2013, 05:23 »

I'm down for this
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #2 on: 21 Feb 2013, 05:24 »

Not a bad idea. The Art of Boat-Violence-do for RPers.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 21 Feb 2013, 06:32 »

I did in fact completely miss this section :P Thanks for the move Cia.

Chell Charon

• Egger
  • IC: Main> Lord Crow Alts> Too many
« Reply #4 on: 21 Feb 2013, 08:20 »

Up with this sort of thing.
1. Think what you are about to say.
2. Know why you are about to speak up.
-This is here for me, I need the reminder.

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"
« Reply #5 on: 21 Feb 2013, 12:12 »

Yeah, this is a sub forum I would post in.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #6 on: 21 Feb 2013, 12:26 »

i know we all play eve here, and we could discuss several ways to fit, but honestly i think it would be best if we leave that out, FHC and other sites already provide plenty of stuff to work with.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 21 Feb 2013, 13:22 »

i know we all play eve here, and we could discuss several ways to fit, but honestly i think it would be best if we leave that out, FHC and other sites already provide plenty of stuff to work with.

True, but there are plenty of people here who don't follow FHC or similar site due to the general tone of the place. I think that backstage has a much more friendly atmosphere (in my experience anyway) and so would be a good place to discuss fittings and tactics. There are also plenty of RPers who either already pvp or are looking to be involved in it, and a place where they can discuss ideas on combat with other RPers seems like a useful addition to the forum to me.

It need not even be a dedicated fittings section, maybe a more general 'combat' sub forum could be made with a place for ship fittings and explanation of piloting techniques could be made. Things like crew casualty numbers would also fit into the discussion.

Just throwing ideas out there :)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #8 on: 21 Feb 2013, 14:13 »

As long as people understand that the rules still apply there, I don't have anything against the idea.

Ship fitting tends to get pretty contentious, so, I just want people to keep that in mind.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #9 on: 21 Feb 2013, 14:56 »

+1

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #10 on: 21 Feb 2013, 15:05 »

I don't see the point of it that isn't already covered in better ways by other websites (battleclinic, etc). More personalized discussion, I guess.

As long as people understand that the rules still apply there, I don't have anything against the idea.

Ship fitting tends to get pretty contentious, so, I just want people to keep that in mind.

This, is mostly why I am leery about it.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #11 on: 21 Feb 2013, 16:12 »

My particular wish for one is to provide actual advice and information to RPers looking for help with pvp, whatever their experience with it, that a site such as battleclinic would not neccesarily give. Also, lots of the fits on battleclinic are outdated or just not that great.

As much as I want this to be a place for fitting advice, I would also love it if there was space for people to talk aboit the experiences they've had with pvp, give battlereports of combat with IC enemies and provide feedback to each other on their style of combat.

I understand that fitting discussions and others like it have a habit of becoming heated, but as I mentioned earlier I also think that backstage has a calmer overall attitude than somewhere like FHC. Backstage is also in possession of an extremely effective and alert moderator team, unlike FHC where the mods are very relaxed, or battleclinic which features almost no moderation at all. I think that these things combined should help to keep any discussions reasonably civil.

The great thing about fitting is it doesn't matter if you don't like someone else's fit, you can just make your own :)

(Apologies for spelling and/or grammar, I wrote this on my phone :l )

Khloe

• Silent Watcher
  • Egger
« Reply #12 on: 21 Feb 2013, 17:57 »

Roleplayers are, for the most part, storytellers by nature. I think a subsection where people can describe their PvP experiences would be a cool idea as long as people aren't dicks about it. Sharing fittings is cool too, especially if a discussion pops up about other fits that might work in that same circumstance.

+1 to this idea!

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"
« Reply #13 on: 21 Feb 2013, 18:24 »

For sure. I can understand the mod team's caution here—we've all seen someone being lambasted for asking a silly question, if not ourselves, or a discussion on fitting devolve into mudslinging—but there's merit to the idea, and I'll echo what kala said about providing practical pvp (or even pve) advice to newer players.

Backstage has a pretty significant viewership of both rookie and veteran players, facilitating gameplay knowledge between them in an environment they already feel comfortable seems worthwhile to me. Could be a place for not only fittings, but guides and stories and focused spaceship talk.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #14 on: 21 Feb 2013, 18:49 »

Roleplayers are, for the most part, storytellers by nature. I think a subsection where people can describe their PvP experiences would be a cool idea as long as people aren't dicks about it. Sharing fittings is cool too, especially if a discussion pops up about other fits that might work in that same circumstance.

+1 to this idea!

On the other hand the above would get my stamp of approval

One thing is the fit itself, another the story behind it and how it has worked in several occasions
Pages: [1] 2