Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the DED and the Sisters of EVE cooperate on audits of megacorps? (The Burning Life p 35)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ship Fitting sub forum?  (Read 3996 times)

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
Re: Ship Fitting sub forum?
« Reply #15 on: 21 Feb 2013, 20:20 »

This kind of stuff would generally work in the 'Guides, Mechanics, and Gameplay' section. If we get a huge number of fitting discussions, we can probably at that point provide a separate sub-forum for them.

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"
« Reply #16 on: 21 Feb 2013, 20:22 »

I will admit I forgot that section existed.

Korona

• Friendly Neighborhood Cultist
  • Clonejack
« Reply #17 on: 21 Feb 2013, 20:40 »

Echoing the sentiment that there are simply better places for technical discussion than this board (personally, I've found the ship fitting sections of FHC to be only ones worth reading on that site, but ymmv). Compounded with the benefit of years of discussion, there's simply a much greater wealth of knowledge from so many more experienced posters relative to here. I don't think there's a compelling reason to create a new subforum here when there's also existing sections that could be used. As Silver points out, the GMG (oh god freelancer flashbacks) would work fine for technical discussions if people really wanted to have them here, and imo, the Eve Fiction + Fiction discussion would work fine for write-ups in the form of in-character battle reports / experience sharing.

"EoM is an anagram of emo for a reason, dude."

Lyn Farel

« Reply #18 on: 22 Feb 2013, 06:20 »

I don't want to go reading FHC to get informed on pvp, current trends, and else. It's tiring and hurts my eyes.

If there is nothing here I will do it nevertheless, but there would be a huge benefit for me if it actually happened here with people I appreciate and trust more than a complete stranger.

Adreena Madeveda

• What's your favourite thing about space ?
  • Egger
  • Mine is space.
    • A Blog !
« Reply #19 on: 22 Feb 2013, 09:49 »

"Cram a Damage Control somewhere" being the extend of my fitting expertise, seeing that most of the discussions on more specialized forums require a priori theorycrafting knowledge to simply understand what they're about, that more often than not the candides and unexperienced are greeted with "your fit is bad and you should feel bad" lines... I'm all in favor of a Backstage subforum dedicated to fits and fights discussions.
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Shakespeare, Macbecth

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
« Reply #20 on: 22 Feb 2013, 19:05 »

I don't want to go reading FHC to get informed on pvp, current trends, and else. It's tiring and hurts my eyes.

If there is nothing here I will do it nevertheless, but there would be a huge benefit for me if it actually happened here with people I appreciate and trust more than a complete stranger.

+1
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #21 on: 22 Feb 2013, 19:15 »

The guides section (which is currently quite underutilized) fits the purpose I think everyone is discussing pretty well. If someone wants to create and maintain a ship fitting thread index, we can certainly sticky it for easier reference.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #22 on: 22 Feb 2013, 20:13 »

I will. Gimme about half an hour to make/format the thread. :)

Edit: Done.
« Last Edit: 22 Feb 2013, 23:30 by Morwen Lagann »
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #23 on: 23 Feb 2013, 07:00 »

♥ Morwen  :cube:

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #24 on: 04 Mar 2013, 15:28 »

The guides section (which is currently quite underutilized) fits the purpose I think everyone is discussing pretty well. If someone wants to create and maintain a ship fitting thread index, we can certainly sticky it for easier reference.

Does this mean I should go spam 3 dozen "how to fit this ship and why" threads for 3 dozen different ships?  :D

I love discussing fittings and my reasons for fitting them in the ways I do, and I hate FHC because it's full of [insert a long string of names and words that would likely get moderated here] and makes my eyes bleed to read for more than 5 minutes. 

Their fitting section is also full of dumb.

Just sayin.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #25 on: 04 Mar 2013, 15:29 »

Feel free to start the threads - though I suggest spreading them out a bit if you want to get good discussions going.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #26 on: 04 Mar 2013, 15:29 »

If you do, I will link to them in the index thread.

If it makes the Guides forum unusable, I'm sure Silver can put a fitting sub-forum in there like we have in the Fiction and Corp Development areas. :)
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #27 on: 14 May 2013, 09:44 »

Does this mean I should go spam 3 dozen "how to fit this ship and why" threads for 3 dozen different ships?  :D

I love discussing fittings and my reasons for fitting them in the ways I do, and I hate FHC because it's full of [insert a long string of names and words that would likely get moderated here] and makes my eyes bleed to read for more than 5 minutes. 

Their fitting section is also full of dumb.

Just sayin.

Please do.  :D I love theory crafting ships, but since I'm still out of game I have no ideas on current mechanics and what does/doesn't work. That and I haven't even played around in Pyfa for months, but I am curious to see what people run with.

I like FHC for the most part, but they can get really off topic with the discussions sometimes. Not to mention they all seem to fit for OGBs and full sets of whatever.

EDIT: Also I respect you a hell of a lot more than I do any of them, except maybe Prom since I do like his vids and sense of humor in them, so yeah +1 on the whole idea from me.
« Last Edit: 14 May 2013, 09:47 by Ember Vykos »
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon
Pages: 1 [2]