Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The language of the Amarr empire is spoken by more people than any other language? Read more in this Chronicle.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Potential project - Amarr non-FW / PvE corp  (Read 10175 times)

Kazuma Ry

• Cardinal Lieutenant
  • Wetgraver
  • Enlightening a Slave near you
Re: Potential project - Amarr non-FW / PvE corp
« Reply #30 on: 24 Jul 2013, 15:44 »

It was a good try Kaz. If nothing else we introduced a new RPer to the Amarr Community so at least some good came of it.

It was a good try, and if someone tries to make something like what we tried to do, or what Esna proposed in this posting, for the Amarr (or Khanid) block, I would join up with them.
"White as the falling snow. Black as our Citadels burned against the sky."

"Faith gained through knowledge and knowledge gained through Faith. In service to God, do we find the answers"

Rin Kaelestria

• Egger
  • The fluffly Rinyan!
« Reply #31 on: 24 Jul 2013, 17:46 »

It was a good try Kaz. If nothing else we introduced a new RPer to the Amarr Community so at least some good came of it.

It was a good try, and if someone tries to make something like what we tried to do, or what Esna proposed in this posting, for the Amarr (or Khanid) block, I would join up with them.

I wish, but the idea has long since been dumped down the drain. Esna can't step up to be the leader that this corp idea would need (he's got his PvP and RL obligations first), and it didn't seem like anyone else would step to run it, either.  :(

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #32 on: 03 Aug 2013, 22:02 »

I made a trial to get used to all the changes Kat was telling me about. (I still sit there for at least 5 minutes clicking the lower left corner before I realize they moved the undock button. >.< but it's only day two.) Once I get comfortable with the new ship classes etc I may actually try to get something like this up and running, but it depends on a few different factors the main one being if I could actually devote time and effort into EVE again which thus far has been a hard thing for me to do. Will keep those interested parties posted on that in here though.  :D

EDIT: It would most likely be with a new character. There is a slight possibility that I would use a Khanid alt just because she has the skills for orca supported mining though  I think I'd still have to grind for L4 missions, but most likely it would be a new character if I were...to do this thing.
« Last Edit: 03 Aug 2013, 22:11 by Ember Vykos »
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Keirym Thara

• Clonejack
« Reply #33 on: 13 Aug 2013, 11:27 »

I would be interested, as well.

Perhaps some of us that are responding here should meet up and give this consideration?

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #34 on: 14 Aug 2013, 11:45 »

I'm currently considering to start a non-FW, casual-PvE oriented Amarr-Empire loyal RP corp. Will give updates.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #35 on: 14 Aug 2013, 13:07 »

I have had some other similar echoes as well from players that evolved around the amarr bloc at some point and are not on backstage.

Keirym Thara

• Clonejack
« Reply #36 on: 14 Aug 2013, 13:36 »

Keirym smiles, "I think we should gather everyone and start it.  Advertise it everywhere and run with it."

Rin Kaelestria

• Egger
  • The fluffly Rinyan!
« Reply #37 on: 14 Aug 2013, 14:13 »

I'm currently considering to start a non-FW, casual-PvE oriented Amarr-Empire loyal RP corp. Will give updates.

If you do, I may be interested in it.

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #38 on: 15 Aug 2013, 08:40 »

As I'm a director of a multi-faction non-RP corp (Alliance flagship corp) I'm sort of stuck where I am. :/

Gor Na

• Clonejack
« Reply #39 on: 15 Aug 2013, 17:28 »

Hello there!

By the end of this week, we will have the whole concept ready to go, recruitment will be started
by the beginning of the upcoming week. This means we will start a corp/project in the manner discussed above.

The far reaching goal is to create a base for the Amarr loyalist community, bound together in a coalition. The platform should be the amarr-empire.net forums, although I don't know if I get more access yet (I have some rights there already and contacted the admin).

The corp to found for this project's beginning will be some kind of a knight's order (the name we currently think of is Zarkara's Order) and will be enlisted with the 24th Imperial Crusade as well as be settled in Khanid and Amarr space.

The core principles are to be an devoted Amarr subject, NRDS and anti-piracy. The order, in addition, will operate under a Amarr-hulls-only policy and will have some racial restrictions (due to an elitist view, only Amarr, Khanid and Ammatar can hold leadership positions, others are restricted to be subordinates).

We intend to engage in every aspect of EVE, except for Nullsec life. We do have leading staff, but as we build this corp from scratch, rank-and-file-members as well people for leadership positions are equally needed.

Joining in with whole corps is possible as well, an alliance might or might not be founded later (maybe even several of them, like the Amarr/Khanid/Ammatar Protectorate).

If you are interested, just contact me ingame (character Gor Na).

Cheers,
Gor
« Last Edit: 15 Aug 2013, 18:12 by Gor Na »
Academic balance of terror:"I will quote you sir!" "I will quote you too!"

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #40 on: 15 Aug 2013, 17:57 »

Hello Gor.

What you have in planning there doesn't sound like a non-FW corp, as discussed in this thread. You might want to open a separate threat for your corp,to advertise for it more appropriately.

- Nico

That said, I decided to give it a try and commit to building a corp. I will prolly have some ideas gathered this weekend and will propose what I envision for the casual-PvE, non-FW, non-PvP corp I mentioned above.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #41 on: 16 Aug 2013, 04:13 »

Uh yes, I directed you here since I thought you might want to discuss with other people that seemed to share the same interests, non FW industrial/pve Amarr corp. I didn't know you already had something already in motion... This is not a recruitment thread...

I may have misunderstood what you had in mind, my apologies...  :ugh:

Gor Na

• Clonejack
« Reply #42 on: 16 Aug 2013, 04:49 »

Hiho!

Hmmm, I think I didn't do well on explaining what we have in mind. If this came across as a recruitment thread,
I'm sorry. It wasn't intended to be one, I just figured that the "okay, let's do it now" message was supposed to go
here as well.

As for the FW-thingie: the order is supposed to be enlisted, but as we settle deep in Empire space as well, we thought
there would be the exactly right place for players like Esna described in the original post. Our approach is a broad one
for the simple reason, that gathering players to the point of the critical mass can be very hard (especially with RP-related
restrictions) and that having one corp to gather them all would be a good thing for starters.

I didn't want to rush in here with something unwanted and if I did anyway, I'd like to apologise.
Academic balance of terror:"I will quote you sir!" "I will quote you too!"

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #43 on: 16 Aug 2013, 06:51 »

Another problem is that what you described already exists as PIE/PAUX, and is exactly the type of corp we are not looking to make. If we wanted one of those, people would already be there rather than discussing making a new corp.

People want an Amarrian RP corp that is PVE-focused, and non-FW. You really didn't satisfy either of those requirements with what you described above. :s
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #44 on: 16 Aug 2013, 07:12 »

The problem with being not PvP/FW focused and being in FW is that, even if you reside deep in Empire space, you're in a constant state of war and your enemies can get you even deep in Empire space. As Morwen pointed out, PIE in no way requires it's pilots to fly in the war zone (though it's encouraged), so it is already quite similar in that regard.

I for one like diversity, so I don't mind much that PIE/PAUX is quite similar to what you seem to plan, because there will be differences in personal alone if nothing else. Nor do I really mind advertisement. I simply thought that you might better reach those you have in mind in a seperate thread, Gor, as people look in here for something that is not taking a broad approach and includes FW, but an approach that explicitly excludes FW and PvP as far as possible.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5