Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That travelling to planets takes quite a long time?  For more, read here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Potential project - Amarr non-FW / PvE corp  (Read 10176 times)

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
Re: Potential project - Amarr non-FW / PvE corp
« Reply #15 on: 09 Jan 2013, 08:46 »

That'd been a good practice for PVP ops, if cheap ships can be provided. And there's still the ally mechanic, meaning that a war against the corp would essentially be a free wardec against the attacking corp for (insert Amarr PVP corp here). Or am I missing something?

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #16 on: 09 Jan 2013, 09:53 »

Just to clarify, TYRIN will NOT be joining any alliance unless Reppy logs in and makes the application, because fuck alliance politics: we have our own ROE and policies, and we will not be changing them to make other people happy unless we would have done it on our own for our own reasons. Nor are we going to be cleaning up the shit of other people's poor decisions - as these two things go hand in hand with being in an alliance... yeah. No.

We were only used as an example of the kind of corp Esna was talking about. Don't mistake that, or my posts, for willingness to participate beyond helping getting things set up should this go anywhere.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #17 on: 09 Jan 2013, 14:35 »

An alliance would probably be more trouble than it's worth, now that I think about it. At least at this stage.

Re:Rin - It's a bit based off of both. A particular and recent conversation that comes to mind is one I had in Imperial Congregation. 3-4 of us were discussing potential joint operations in a low-sec constellation. All involved were pretty much the sole RP representative of their respective corps.

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #18 on: 10 Jan 2013, 02:49 »

A formal alliance indeed would probably not be very useful, not the least due to the ability to have temporary allies in wars. Again, depending on focus, have you considered informal forms of co-operation, starting with a common channel and/or mailing list? The most important things a corp gives is the ability to fight hisec wars, to share hangars/wallets, have POSes and finally to shoot your own corpmates.

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #19 on: 13 Jan 2013, 20:25 »

I'd just like to chime in that I've tried to repeatedly make it clear that PIE pilots who do not want to participate in FW do not have to.  Same goes for roaming in 0.0, WH exploration, or whatever.

Anyway, carry on :)
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #20 on: 15 Jan 2013, 07:04 »

CVA was an informal alliance back in the day.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #21 on: 15 Jan 2013, 14:36 »

Okay, so some of you have guessed this from my non-responsiveness in this thread (although, thh, that has more to do with my wanting to see how the conversation would develop than anything else).

tl;dr - I will not be hosting the project at this time.

Long version: On discussions in-game with several people and looking over the responses here, I've come to realise that not only cannot I effectively dedicate the time to make this a working project, but that I feel it would actually be destructive of me to promise people an active home and then leave everyone hanging. Neither the veterans nor the rookies would come out of it for the better.

As such, I cannot take the leading role in this project.

I will happily hang out as an "RP advisor" or guide should someone else begin this project, and will even join you guys as a host for L4 Missions or other ventures.

I simply don't want to set up a situation where the well-being of the corp hinges on something I cannot give.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Syagrius

• Egger
    • Memoirs of a Madman.
« Reply #22 on: 15 Jan 2013, 16:23 »

I am sad you decided not to pursue it, but understand and respect your logic.  If you ever do  ;)

Astera Zandraki

• Clonejack
« Reply #23 on: 28 Jan 2013, 11:15 »

I'd certainly be interested on one of my alt accounts.

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #24 on: 28 Jan 2013, 21:25 »

I am a bit late to the party it seems, but count me in as a strongly interested party should discussions revive again. I'd be happy to donate BPO's and help with the mining/industry piece.

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
« Reply #25 on: 28 Jan 2013, 21:44 »

Hadn't seen this post before, but I believe you make the right decision. I was in a similair position six years ago when I decided to create the Ordo Quaesitoris, and after three long years, I can say that you can't really create a full corporation, and a succesful one, without involving yourself knee deep into it, and giving it all the time you have. As soon as it disapears, or is reduced, either you have grown enough to have a decent size (and it is growing a lot, actually!), or it will start showing your lack of guidance and, eventually, vanishing.

At least, that's my experience on the issue, and the main reason I don't bring the OQ back is because I don't have the time to re-create that niche position.

Lhara Arbosa

• Clonejack
« Reply #26 on: 30 Jan 2013, 08:01 »

A shame. As being new to Amarr RP and completely new to industrial characters, I would have enjoyed this opportunity to learn and get into an RP corp that fits.

Keep me posted.

Kazuma Ry

• Cardinal Lieutenant
  • Wetgraver
  • Enlightening a Slave near you
« Reply #27 on: 23 Jul 2013, 19:51 »

We did try to get something like this started several months ago with Anoyia's Exhortation, but that suffered from absent CEO and also never reached that critical point where there are enough active members to sustain corp activities. Everyone ended up leaving for PIE because that's where the Amarr RP was at the time and they were doing similar activities.

Being the absent CEO that Karmilla talked about, I can say without a doubt a new corp built around PvE RP will die without some form of strong leadership to build off of.

I would be interested in something like this if it were to happen, but I now know I don't make a good CEO.
"White as the falling snow. Black as our Citadels burned against the sky."

"Faith gained through knowledge and knowledge gained through Faith. In service to God, do we find the answers"

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #28 on: 24 Jul 2013, 12:23 »

I got my start in EVE in a corp like what's proposed here, though it obviously wasn't actually Amarr loyal. If such a project were to take off again, and were I still playing, I'd be more than happy to help support it as a PvE and mission running guru on a character more suited to that.

If such a project is ever launched, let me know.

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #29 on: 24 Jul 2013, 14:31 »

It was a good try Kaz. If nothing else we introduced a new RPer to the Amarr Community so at least some good came of it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5