Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Black Nova Corporation (BNC) and others still retain some offices in the Jovian Empire when it was opened during EVE's starter years?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Potential project - Amarr non-FW / PvE corp  (Read 10174 times)

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
Re: Potential project - Amarr non-FW / PvE corp
« Reply #60 on: 18 Aug 2013, 05:35 »

Hello Gor Na!

Help in form of a website and it's management would certainly be most welcome!

Participation in a (loose) network of Empire-loyal corporations is quite in tune with the given mission statement and aims & objectives.

I will prepare posts for IGS as well as ACRC and then create the corp. I estimate that I'll be ready to get the thing rolling next weekend.

Also, I'm still not quite sure about the corp name. While i like the 'skete' part, simply dubbing it 'imperial' seem a bit bland? A little brainstorming/feedback in that regard would be appreciated as well.

Gor Na

• Clonejack
« Reply #61 on: 18 Aug 2013, 11:27 »

Hey there!

@ Nico: sent you a PM regarding the matter.

@ all: as there is a concept that reaches beyond Esna's initial proposals, should I launch a new thread explaining
the entire thing or does that go here as well? And I must say I'm amazed about how many people contribute here.
Guess I'm not used to it from other forums.^^ You guys are great.
Academic balance of terror:"I will quote you sir!" "I will quote you too!"

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #62 on: 18 Aug 2013, 11:31 »

I will make in good time a separate threat for the corp. Also, just answered your PM.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #63 on: 18 Aug 2013, 16:17 »

Okay, so I saw the description this morning but was out of the house and didn't get to answer until now:

Nico, the initial proposal you've laid out looks excellent to me.
Some thoughts:
- I deeply approve of the corp appearing loyal "in action in attitude" and using "example and teaching".
- Maybe the membership requirements should read something like "Loyal to God (as per the faith), the Amarr Empire, Khanid Kingdom, Ammatar Mandate"? Some other input here would be appreciated; I am unsure of how much you intended this to be Imperially-focused or now taking in the entirety of "greater Amarria".
- Regarding the name: I am not entirely sure here. Using region-specific terms or words certainly adds flavor, but can also be confusing at times. I know when I was back in The Peerage, I was told a couple times that the name was confusing to non-native English speakers, who had sometimes not come across the term before.

Gor: If you wanted to have a thread to discuss the network of Amarr corps you've been mentioning, I would be happy to re-label this thread for you once the new one goes up for Nico's idea - or you could start your own, it's up to you.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #64 on: 18 Aug 2013, 17:19 »

Hello Esna

and thank you for your excellent feedback!
- I am aiming towards Greater Amarr, though I obviously don't want Mandate or Kingdom Seperatists in corp. I will think about the exact formulation but maybe something like "Loyal to God (as per the faith), the Greater Amarr as the nations of... united under God."
- Regarding the name I'm quite enamored with the term 'skete', but in fact it might be too exotic. I think I will also want to incorporate Ametat (which kept Amash-Akura from aging) and Avetat (which bestowed wisdom on him) in the name, as they are nicely representing the theological thought that the prolonged life of the capsuleer should be complemented by wisdom. I was just about to call it "Ametat & Avetat Skete" but then it's really by far too non-understandable. After having a look at alternative terms - convent, abbey, priory - I'm not feeling like any of the terms would be fitting too much. Input?

Gor Na

• Clonejack
« Reply #65 on: 20 Aug 2013, 10:01 »

Hoi!

Took a look into it on EVElopedia and thought of a few suiting name suggestions:
+ we could simply name the corp "Ametat and Avetat"
+ Ametat Collective//Avetat Collective (depending on whether we prefer
to be featured by strength or wisdom); would make a pretty good description on
what we are and how we follow our path
+ we could bring the Sefrim in (in a humble way of course ;) ), suggestions for that
would be Sefrim's Children, Sefrim's Followers, Sefrim's Servants or something like that
+ Imperial Skete; bland or not - it would still be suiting

I'd personally prefer to pick either Ametat or Avetat Collective, they just sound good
to my ear :D

As for the founding: I can take the time, so I'd found the corp and hand CEO-ship over
to you - Nico - as soon as you like. I found a station within the proposed HQ-system,
that is cheap and serves our purpose well.
« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2013, 11:54 by Gor Na »

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #66 on: 20 Aug 2013, 11:59 »

Hello.

I'd like to take the time to decide on the name, because I want to be satisfied with the choice even later on. Your suggestions are helpful in that regard! I'm not to sure about 'collective' it sounds a bit too much like the borg and brings up associations with the Sansha. <,<

As for the founding: I don't see the need to rush that. Financing the station hangars and such won't posse too much of a problem. I'm not sure yet about the HQ either. I' rather like to have everything prepared for a smooth start then have the corp now but not having everything thought out well. And honestly, I'd like to found the corp myself. ^^
« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2013, 12:00 by Nicoletta Mithra »

Gor Na

• Clonejack
« Reply #67 on: 20 Aug 2013, 12:35 »

Hiho!

No problem there. You have my complete trust to make perfectly good decisions about name and founding date. Just tell me when we are to start, I will take care of support matters in the meantime (-->> forums). When you start ingame, you can either contact me via Gor, or Bra'ak Zhahyanid (will be my first character to be brought in).

Would you like to prepare a rank structure before founding the corp? We could give that some thoughts too.

As for the network-thingie: Nebukah Industries and Zakara's Order are happy to be part of it and to have close ties to this founding (I will probably address all this in separate thread). I really enjoy how this takes form.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #68 on: 20 Aug 2013, 14:22 »

I will give fair warning and at the moment I'm thinking that I will be founding the corp coming weekend. I'm already thinking about a rank structure, though I'd like to keep it lean for now.

As to the network thingy, I will keep aware of it and post what I have to contribute in it's own thread once it's up. (Also I send you a PM concerning it.)
« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2013, 14:24 by Nicoletta Mithra »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]