Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Quafe is so popular it once prevented a war? Read more in the Chron

Author Topic: ORE syndicate?  (Read 1418 times)

jonnopon3000

• Clonejack
ORE syndicate?
« on: 03 May 2010, 06:34 »

The guys that gave us miners such awesome ships as the Retriever, the Hulk and the Skiff, the ORE syndicate, are pretty much amazing.

However, no one I have spoken to seems to know what they are. I mean, simple things like what race they came from. Does anyone have any detailed info on ORE as an entity within the EVE universe?

Thanks much ^^

BTW, hello!!!! I'm new \o/, and I like the looks.
« Last Edit: 03 May 2010, 06:37 by jonnopon3000 »

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
Re: ORE syndicate?
« Reply #1 on: 03 May 2010, 07:18 »

Hai Thar  :D

I think (I think) I saw something about ORE being a Player corporation when the game started out show up in the 'Did you Knows'
I'm not a bitter enough vet to actually confirm that though, there's bound to be someone who can.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #2 on: 03 May 2010, 11:54 »

Well, there's this:

http://www.eveonline.com/background/potw/default.asp?cid=mar05

I've heard things about it being a player corporation, but that chron is so old that the corporation (even in beta) would almost certainly have been after it was published. I personally don't recall ane ORE player corp back then, but I could easily have missed such a thing.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #3 on: 03 May 2010, 16:19 »

This thread is totally belongsing in dat PF-related and story-related section now. Can a guy get a thread-move?

Oh, and welcome to the forum, Jonnopon.

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 03 May 2010, 17:45 »

Ore was a former Gallentean corporation, that wanted to strike out on its own, finding the Outer Ring region little-used. They made it big and have been mining ever since.

I don't know what kind of impact they have on the Cluster economy, though, it's not really talked about much. Who do they sell minerals to? what kind of leadership do they have? So many unexploited dimensions.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #5 on: 25 May 2010, 05:50 »

We could look at their ownership statistics, if that's still available on the Eve-o website.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #6 on: 25 May 2010, 06:37 »

From Region Descriptions:

Outer Ring

Before the discovery of nocxium changed the way industry functioned, the Outer Ring was considered nothing more than an average parcel of space. That was why Outer Ring Excavations was able to get their start here, mining the "low end" ores while braving unlawful space. But once the process of refining nocxium was discovered, the Outer Ring became a gold mine. Outer Ring Excavations quickly became leaders in the field of asteroid mining. Of course, such wealth always brings challenges.

For decades, ORE called Mordu's Angels their closest allies. The highly trained and proficient mercenaries patrolled the Outer Ring for troublemakers, focusing in particular on the Serpentis who made regular raids into the area. The Serpentis had the last laugh, though, when they bought a majority share in ORE. Now the Serpentis prowl the space lanes of the Outer Ring virtually unopposed.

Go go Serpentis! o/\o