Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Mordu's Legion was formed of Intakis exiled from the Federation for their support for the Caldari? For more read here.

Author Topic: The diplomatic return of Caldari Prime  (Read 1895 times)

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
The diplomatic return of Caldari Prime
« on: 01 Jan 2013, 13:09 »

Allow me to mock-respond IC to an IC claim:

Quote from: Desiderya
There is absolutely no wiggle room on the question of owning Home.

And do note that the Caldari have tried to use diplomacy for almost two centuries with no success. This homecoming in force was inevitable.

Bullshit. No such attempts have been made that is documented and publicly available so this blatant lie you will have to try and sell elsewhere.

---

Unless ofc, there is. I have not found anything regarding it anywhere, so can someone point me in the right direction?

And even if it was/wasn't attempted, what do people think of the issue presented here, could diplomatical return of CP happen, why/why not and what do you think the terms of such a deal might be?

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Re: The diplomatic return of Caldari Prime
« Reply #1 on: 01 Jan 2013, 13:35 »

Luminaire completely demilitarized and put under CONCORD jurisdiction as a Heritage Site, the Caldari get to put a station over CP and a stargate connecting back to New Caldari. Seems like it would be a pretty simple treaty, if the Caldari could put enough pressure on the Gallentean government to give into it.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 01 Jan 2013, 14:31 »

Allow me to mock-respond IC to an IC claim:

There is absolutely no wiggle room on the question of owning Home.

And do note that the Caldari have tried to use diplomacy for almost two centuries with no success. This homecoming in force was inevitable.

Bullshit. No such attempts have been made that is documented and publicly available so this blatant lie you will have to try and sell elsewhere.

---

Unless ofc, there is. I have not found anything regarding it anywhere, so can someone point me in the right direction?

And even if it was/wasn't attempted, what do people think of the issue presented here, could diplomatical return of CP happen, why/why not and what do you think the terms of such a deal might be?

It isn't expressly said one way or the other if diplomatic attempts were made by the various Caldari corporations/persons to regain a foothold on Caldari Prime.

You are immediately discounting the option that certain Caldari megacorporations might pursue independent diplomatic negotiations with the Federation (see the Blind Auction chronicle and Ishukone) in order to meet some of their needs.

Why wouldn't SuVee seek to buy up property on Caldari Prime as a two pronged power play?   Why wouldn't Wirykomi or KK attempt to gain routine access and ownership of ancient familial lands?

If it was any of the corporations, the expected response from the Federation to Caldari megas buying land and resources (whatever there may be) on Caldari Prime is likely no.

So, while it is not expressly stated anywhere that there were diplomatic overtures, it does not mean that there were not.
« Last Edit: 01 Jan 2013, 14:38 by orange »

Desiderya

« Reply #3 on: 01 Jan 2013, 14:41 »

Ah,
my very own urdoinitrong thread. Thank you. =)

State Factionalism implies this in the last paragraph. Assuming diplomatic discussions is also the sane thing to do, seeing as especially the patriots were pining for the homeworld since basically ever and there's a reason (that goes beyond universal love and happiness for everyone, why hello there, grimdark) for the federation to deny this humble request for a DMZ.

But you'll get a mock IC reply, too.

And we all know that things are only discussed, negotiated and decided in a well documented public setting?

Anyways, I consider your thread bad form, but picture me entertained by this.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #4 on: 01 Jan 2013, 14:55 »

I find it difficult to believe that no diplomatic overtures were made for the return of Caldari Prime since the end of the war. I know it's easier to think of the Caldari as mindless warmongers and profit seekers, but something so culturally important would not (and was not) so easily forgotten and given up on just because the Caldari-Gallente war was brought to an end.

The exodus from Caldari Prime is the single largest reason FOR the war. Why would a people who later proved still angry enough to invade the Federation just say "Oh well." when CONCORD says everyone has to stop fighting? Do you really think the Caldari just sat on their hands?

Or are you just claiming that since there isn't a nicely written out article about it, that nothing ever happened? Because that's what it sounds like.

Desiderya had it right. This thread is bad form.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #5 on: 01 Jan 2013, 18:19 »

Ah,
my very own urdoinitrong thread. Thank you. =)

State Factionalism implies this in the last paragraph. Assuming diplomatic discussions is also the sane thing to do, seeing as especially the patriots were pining for the homeworld since basically ever and there's a reason (that goes beyond universal love and happiness for everyone, why hello there, grimdark) for the federation to deny this humble request for a DMZ.

But you'll get a mock IC reply, too.

And we all know that things are only discussed, negotiated and decided in a well documented public setting?

Anyways, I consider your thread bad form, but picture me entertained by this.

Emphasis mine.

You think very highly of yourself, don't you? The only YDIW in this tread is the assumption that this is my intent: to tell you that your wrong.

I'm not. I made a mock-responce (mock, as in, "this is not a serious responce, it is a farce of a typical IC responce") to your IC claim, to propose that anyone point me to whatever prime-fiction source - if any - says that diplomacy has been attempted at all, because I can't find any. And I invited people to discuss the idea of a diplomatic deal here, in an OOC context.

3 out of 4 responces so far have been rather tasteless accusation as to what I'm thinking, or assuming that I'm an idiot that don't know or can't imagine how the entire Cal/Gal relationship works or how different factions are thinking. The "bad form" here is assuming I have ill and/or ignorant intentions, instead of dealing with the proposed topic at hand.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #6 on: 01 Jan 2013, 18:27 »

[mod]Entirely self-explanatory. Urdoinitrong is not acceptable here. If you can't post without it at least looking like you tried to avoid urdoinitrong, don't post at all. To others: if you think a thread is in poor form, report it instead of responding to it.[/mod]
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.