Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That KillJoy Tseng's first season racing rifter later sold for 75 million ISK?

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: New BDSM Space Lesbian Corporation for Erotic Roleplay Only  (Read 6698 times)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child

No, just kidding.

I'm actually trying to figure out if I should make Oniseki Holdings an actual ingame corporation founded by Katrina and run by some other character. I want it to have a visible presence, but on the same note.. I kinda like the baseline level the company has.

I'm curious for some opinions or experiences others have had about making an 'alt corp' for the purpose of RP. Was it really that useful down the road? Did it lend you that level of recognition you were hoping for regarding the existence of that organization?

Khloe

• Silent Watcher
  • Egger

So...this wasn't a serious corp idea?  :(

Lyn Farel

It might help with the people that usually think that everything that doesn't happen ingame never happened and is not real.

However it might also make more visible that your corporation has no value at all in terms of numbers and power through ingame measurements. And these people will say that what we can't see (all the baseline level) does not exist anyway. Basically, you give them tools to find RP flaws in your corp, like the date of creation, the number of people working inside, and all these things they might use against you. Be prepared to find excuses to explain those.

So... I am not sure it is worth the trouble, but it might add a "legitimate" ingame side to something of your character's background. vOv

Jev North

Look, you can't go about getting people's hopes up like this.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod

It might help with the people that usually think that everything that doesn't happen ingame never happened and is not real.

However it might also make more visible that your corporation has no value at all in terms of numbers and power through ingame measurements. And these people will say that what we can't see (all the baseline level) does not exist anyway. Basically, you give them tools to find RP flaws in your corp, like the date of creation, the number of people working inside, and all these things they might use against you. Be prepared to find excuses to explain those.

So... I am not sure it is worth the trouble, but it might add a "legitimate" ingame side to something of your character's background. vOv

This is a good point. I hadn't really considered those angles. Has this happened to other alt corps before, though? Have we seen alt corps used as placeholders for a baseline operating company? I can't think of any examples off the top of my head, as most doubled as a 'personal one-man corp' for the main character sitting in it.

So...this wasn't a serious corp idea?  :(

:cube:

Look, you can't go about getting people's hopes up like this.

Don't be a hater tot!  :D

Lyn Farel

I don't know, I'm being cynical and paranoid.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod

TrollKat, AwesomeKat.

My two cents: It might be helpful if you ever wanted to have a place to do business that was literally separate from I-RED.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!

I was so excited about this, I entertained the idea of +5 standing for them.

Re : Making alt corporations,

In general I haven't noticed if the existence of alt corporations has improved the visibility of the Foundations. Everyone finds the main corporation because of how our naming scheme works I guess.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod

Are people really that interested in a sex corp, or are you all just running with the joke? :eek:

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

Are people really that interested in a sex corp, or are you all just running with the joke? :eek:

In all fairness, I thought we already had a corp like this ingame. Think it's called the "Servant Sisters of EVE" or something...
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lyn Farel

They are just teasing you.

( take it as you wish )

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself

Adding my vote to the blueballed party.  :cry:

As regards to the OP: People will moan either way you go. If you feel it'd add immersion to your RP, go with it. If not, I wouldn't bother.

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

Hamish Grayson

One thing Eve needs more of is straight men getting each other off by pretending to be gay women.  You should do this, and require all IC interactions to be done on a Skype video conference.
Pages: [1] 2 3