Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Blood Raiders are a sect of the Sani Sabik who spend their lives in space hunting down and harvesting non-believers for their blood? Read more here!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Re: First: Simmer down Second: slavery Discussion  (Read 3416 times)

Niraia

• Clonejack

There was no need to delete my post, Morwen. Here are the relevant bits again!

"Why wouldn't you want drama in a roleplaying channel, unless you're a lazy mod who doesn't want the trouble, or a weird authoritative mod who likes banning people in order to appear important to the group? Do users actually complain about it? If so, why should you care?

If moderation was limited to removing OOC people, nail polish discussion etc, I think the place would be way more interesting, and you'd need less moderators. I rarely bother opening Nir's mouth in that channel, because I know that as soon as she starts laying into someone, some douche with ops will end it because we can't hurt each others feelings."

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: First: Simmer down Second: slavery Discussion
« Reply #1 on: 12 Nov 2012, 19:45 »

[mod]Do not repost moderated material, especially when it still breaks the rules. Do not insult other forum users, and do not flamebait.[/mod]
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Norrin Ellis

« Reply #2 on: 14 Nov 2012, 07:19 »

Harmless civil disobedience?  Really?
Yes, really.  Drawing attention to retarded rules by breaking them in a way that really bothers no one except the jack-booted enforcers and their crony informants is not a terribly bad thing.

[mod]Don't insult other players. Don't post flame bait.[/mod]
« Last Edit: 15 Nov 2012, 22:57 by Silver Night »

Jev North

Re: Re: First: Simmer down Second: slavery Discussion
« Reply #3 on: 14 Nov 2012, 07:36 »

Yes, really.  Drawing attention to retarded rules by breaking them in a way that really bothers no one except the jack-booted enforcers and their crony informants is not a terribly bad thing.
If it's inconsequential one way, it's probably not very important the other way around either, no?

I'm having trouble imagining Leo as a latter-day Rosa Parks.

Norrin Ellis

« Reply #4 on: 14 Nov 2012, 07:54 »

If it's inconsequential one way, it's probably not very important the other way around either, no?

I'm having trouble imagining Leo as a latter-day Rosa Parks.
Granted, I'm sure Leo is trolling the mods because it's hilarious to some to see them get all bent out of shape and making it clear to everyone how Internet-important they are.

As for your logic that the inconsequential nature of Leo's disobedience must, therefore, apply equally to the substantive value of continuing to enforce the rule, I disagree.  If we implement a rule that says people can't distribute books, yet someone does it to the offense of none except the enforcers of said rule, we might still find abolishing the rule significant on the grounds of liberty.  As others have already said, why should anyone be restrained from RPing something that is accepted and common in the largest nation in the game universe?

This idea that we must not say or do things on the sole grounds that it may offend someone is the sort of "thought police" culture that no one would like if there were a different set of police.

[mod]More flame bait. [/mod]
« Last Edit: 15 Nov 2012, 22:58 by Silver Night »

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #5 on: 14 Nov 2012, 07:55 »

Sigh.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #6 on: 14 Nov 2012, 07:58 »

Leo =/= Rosa Parks

Norrin = troll

For anyone looking for a TL:DR

[mod]If you see someone trolling, use the report button, rather than contributing to thread derailment.[/mod]
« Last Edit: 15 Nov 2012, 22:54 by Silver Night »

Jev North

« Reply #7 on: 14 Nov 2012, 08:01 »

Right. Troll mods, then call them jackbooted thugs when they get annoyed with you. Sounds like a fun game.

Go play it somewhere else.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #8 on: 14 Nov 2012, 09:35 »

1. Simmer down

2. This isn't about Leo, let's stop talking about Leo with regards to this.

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #9 on: 14 Nov 2012, 10:30 »

I think by asking this question, you are automatically bringing into it recent events whether you intend to or not. Just sayin'

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: 14 Nov 2012, 10:47 »

I think that humans can make an conscious effort to leave such things out, so I don't see how it's automatic and there is no way around it.

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #11 on: 14 Nov 2012, 10:48 »

But that's what this whole discussion stems from, doesn't it? Now, I don't get involved in slave or eve politics, but it's kinda funny that this discussion is coming on the heels of such an incident, no?

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #12 on: 14 Nov 2012, 11:08 »

But that's what this whole discussion stems from, doesn't it? Now, I don't get involved in slave or eve politics, but it's kinda funny that this discussion is coming on the heels of such an incident, no?

No, it's not funny or weird or anything, I've expressly pointed out this discussion is not about Leopold Caine.

You can get on board with that or call my motivations into question, your call.

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #13 on: 14 Nov 2012, 11:14 »

Ah, I assume that means I'm being told to behave. You obviously don't know me very well. Nevermind. It's just an observation made from an outsider. If it looks that way to me, someone with no involvement, I can imagine how it looks to people directly involved.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #14 on: 14 Nov 2012, 11:17 »

Ah, I assume that means I'm being told to behave. You obviously don't know me very well. Nevermind. It's just an observation made from an outsider. If it looks that way to me, someone with no involvement, I can imagine how it looks to people directly involved.

I'm not telling you anything; I don't play those kinds of games.

If you think I'm being deceitful or misleading or have some ulterior motives then you need to say so and not play the sarcasm and leading question game.

The incident with Leo provided an impetus for my thread, but as I've clearly stated this is NOT about him.  So make your accusations or kindly join the discussion in a productive matter.
Pages: [1] 2 3