Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That ship crews only perform cleanup, maintenance, and lower-order operations on ships? (The Burning Life p 31)

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Re: First: Simmer down Second: slavery Discussion  (Read 3418 times)

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
Re: Re: First: Simmer down Second: slavery Discussion
« Reply #15 on: 14 Nov 2012, 11:18 »

I will gladly leave the discussion because the points I've made are well founded. If you wish to continue to be deluded, by all means. Have a nice day!

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #16 on: 14 Nov 2012, 11:27 »

I will gladly leave the discussion because the points I've made are well founded. If you wish to continue to be deluded, by all means. Have a nice day!

Yes you caught me, it's all part of my nefarious real life plot to influence an RP text channel via an OOC internet forum to help someone I occasionally chat with online on a computer game.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #17 on: 14 Nov 2012, 11:30 »

Lovely way for a mod to treat people with opinions, eh? I don't think you should be a mod if you can't speak politely to people.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #18 on: 14 Nov 2012, 11:35 »

Lovely way for a mod to treat people with opinions, eh? I don't think you should be a mod if you can't speak politely to people.

You are flat out calling me a liar, in public, for everyone to see.  And on top of that asking me to be nice to you. Right.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #19 on: 14 Nov 2012, 11:37 »

When I have OOC opinions, I express them openly, like any of us should do here. I don't beat around the bush, or play little games, or any of that nonsense.

To suggest that I am doing otherwise is calling me dishonest in an OOC manor, which, surprise, is insulting.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #20 on: 14 Nov 2012, 11:38 »

Lets calm down before you two murder eachother IRL, okay?  :eek:
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #21 on: 14 Nov 2012, 11:38 »

You are flat out calling me a liar, in public, for everyone to see.  And on top of that asking me to be nice to you. Right.

Eh, no, let's go back to reading comprehension class. I'm saying that the motives for this thread are not exactly pure. You cannot follow a heated incident of someone being banned from The Summit for displaying slavegirls with a discussion about slavery in The Summit without expecting said incident to be brought up. That is why I said you were deluded and that is why the motives and intentions of this thread are called into question.

Fuck, I don't know you IC or OOC. I have no basis to judge you other than what I see with these threads. Perhaps you should remember that next time you go about willy nilly insulting people with your mod hat on.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #22 on: 14 Nov 2012, 11:41 »

I'm perfectly calm :)

That being said being accused of OOC shittery regarding an IC game crosses several lines for me.

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #23 on: 14 Nov 2012, 11:42 »

I'm perfectly calm :)

That being said being accused of OOC shittery regarding an IC game crosses several lines for me.

:bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #24 on: 14 Nov 2012, 11:49 »

Being the creator of said thread I've a fairly high confidence in knowing it's motivations and purpose. Unless you are in my skull then you know less about it than me.  I'm not 'deluded.'

Events in real life often serve as catalyst for debate.  Shooting deaths instigate discussion regarding gun control.  Hurricanes instigate discussion regarding global warming.

That Leo's 'incident' served as a springboard is not in dispute.  When the conversation steered towards him repeatedly I let everyone know he was not the focus or intent of this thread.  You chose to question my motives, and I'm calling you on it. If you don't know me ooc or ic then it's even more rude.

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #25 on: 14 Nov 2012, 11:50 »

You cannot tell people NOT to talk about the incident that spawned this thread! It's a prime example. I'm sorry you're "offended."

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #26 on: 14 Nov 2012, 11:52 »

You cannot tell people NOT to talk about the incident that spawned this thread! It's a prime example. I'm sorry you're "offended."

There is too much baggage regarding anything Leopold to have an honest discussion, so that's exactly what I'm doing.

Let's move on, or maybe Silver can torpedo this whole string of nonsense?

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #27 on: 14 Nov 2012, 11:55 »

Again, lovely how my thoughts are nonsense. And you're the one that says I'm insulting you?

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #28 on: 14 Nov 2012, 12:09 »

Lasa, quit it. The thread is intended to talk about the circumstances surrounding an event, but not the event itself. It's not that difficult to accept.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: First: Simmer down Second: slavery Discussion
« Reply #29 on: 14 Nov 2012, 12:22 »

[mod]Starting a thread does not mean that one gets to dictate what is on or off-topic, nor what is an acceptable discussion point and what is not, nor what direction the thread eventually goes in. Were this a discussion in a proper realtime medium (voice, IRC, etc.) it would be different. However, this is a forum, and as long as the contents of posts are within the rules, it is for the moderation team to use the rules to decide what is on or off-topic. This back-and-forth should have been done over PM or ingame, not in the forum thread - it is far more off-topic than anything else in the thread, references to the "spawning" incident included. If you must continue this, please do it ingame or over PM, and not in the thread.[/mod]
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.
Pages: 1 [2] 3