Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sansha Kuvakei was an industrial mogul before founding his Nation? Moar here.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 44

Author Topic: Star Citizen - from the producer of Wing Commander  (Read 101745 times)

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
Re: Star Citizen - from the producer of Wing Commander
« Reply #75 on: 14 Apr 2014, 14:12 »

I believe Roberts has said that mostly everything will be acquirable through in-game play and is not exclusive. I think the only thing that is actually exclusive for backers is the life-time insurance for the ships they purchased... which would be like if in EVE every time you lost your cruiser you'd get a new one (without fittings). Everyone in SC can get that insurance with in-game credits, but normal players have to renew it every six months while the LTIers don't. Nice, but hardly game breaking.
« Last Edit: 14 Apr 2014, 14:14 by Samira Kernher »

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #76 on: 14 Apr 2014, 14:19 »

I believe Roberts has said that mostly everything will be acquirable through in-game play and is not exclusive. I think the only thing that is actually exclusive for backers is the life-time insurance for the ships they purchased... which would be like if in EVE every time you lost your cruiser you'd get a new one (without fittings). Everyone in SC can get that insurance with in-game credits, but normal players have to renew it every six months while the LTIers don't. Nice, but hardly game breaking.

Temporary insurance (3-6 months for most packages).

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/single-ship-packages

handy ship comparison chart https://robertsspaceindustries.com/ship-specs
« Last Edit: 14 Apr 2014, 14:22 by Silas Vitalia »

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #77 on: 14 Apr 2014, 15:22 »

It is now only 3-6 month insurance on pledges, which to my understanding is the standard insurance that players will be able to purchase in-game with credits. But people who backed early have life-time insurance, which can no longer be acquired (LTI pledges were stopped back sometime last year).

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #78 on: 14 Apr 2014, 15:31 »

It is now only 3-6 month insurance on pledges, which to my understanding is the standard insurance that players will be able to purchase in-game with credits. But people who backed early have life-time insurance, which can no longer be acquired (LTI pledges were stopped back sometime last year).

Interesting!

.....More space booty for my mates and I !    :yar:

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #79 on: 14 Apr 2014, 16:03 »

yeah, LTI ended back in November, I think - and didn't really put an end to the fundraising. However, LTI transfers with ships, so I might be able to offload a couple and make a profit. Maybe. Nothing like the $1500 that the Van-Duul ships were fetching a while back.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #80 on: 14 Apr 2014, 16:43 »

What ? You mean that you actually have to pledge/buy the ship now for the LTI to apply once ingame ?  :bash:

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #81 on: 14 Apr 2014, 16:57 »

What ? You mean that you actually have to pledge/buy the ship now for the LTI to apply once ingame ?  :bash:

... huh? Not sure what you're talking about.

If you pledged before November, you get the ship with an LTI insurance when the game launches.

If you pledged after November, you get the ship but only a 3/6-month insurance when the game launches.

Desiderya

« Reply #82 on: 14 Apr 2014, 17:13 »

If everyone would have to start EVE anew I'm sure a few PLEX as advantage wouldn't ever be a sizeable advantage. Also having a lot of cash and a good reputation doesn't translate to automatic success (Hello 3DRealms). But we'll see how this game develops. I'm just wary of shelling money, especially such obscene amounts, if all that is available right now is an unexciting, if visually stunning tech demo and a lot of promises.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #83 on: 14 Apr 2014, 18:21 »

I said it once and I'll say it again. Until they actually have a working game to show for all this money I'm not going to spend any of my own on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Charles Cambridge Schmidt

• Professional Sperg
  • Wetgraver
  • Federalista
« Reply #84 on: 14 Apr 2014, 18:38 »

I said it once and I'll say it again. Until they actually have a working game to show for all this money I'm not going to spend any of my own on it.

basically me, tl;dr
Drones are pretty cool, I guess.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #85 on: 14 Apr 2014, 19:44 »

basically me, tl;dr

+1.

No money from me until we have at minimum a confirmed release date, and preferably a functioning beta.

Piecemeal/module-by-module is cool for prototyping. I want to see all of those modules working as one unit (for some acceptably loose beta-testing definition of 'working') before I slap some bills on the table.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #86 on: 15 Apr 2014, 03:52 »

If everyone would have to start EVE anew I'm sure a few PLEX as advantage wouldn't ever be a sizeable advantage. Also having a lot of cash and a good reputation doesn't translate to automatic success (Hello 3DRealms). But we'll see how this game develops. I'm just wary of shelling money, especially such obscene amounts, if all that is available right now is an unexciting, if visually stunning tech demo and a lot of promises.

It's only obscene if you buy the bigger pledges. The cheapest pledge is about what you'd expect for a new computer game, and then consider that there will be no monthly fee and you get special features as well (like soundtracks). At least for the $40-$75 pledges I see as nothing more than pre-ordering + guaranteed alpha/beta access + special edition features.

And as long as the DFM is good then I'll see that as worth my investment even if the other promises aren't met. Getting a good space flight sim to replace JtL is what me and my fellow JtL expatriates have been looking for and DFM looks like it will accomplish that at the very least.
« Last Edit: 15 Apr 2014, 03:57 by Samira Kernher »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #87 on: 15 Apr 2014, 04:07 »

If you pledged before November, you get the ship with an LTI insurance when the game launches.

If you pledged after November, you get the ship but only a 3/6-month insurance when the game launches.

So that LTI is tied to the pledged ship and not to the account ? That is very, very ambiguous on the account page.

Edit : nvm, looks clearer now. They change their website layout every month... Lifetime insurance on my Aurora only wut
« Last Edit: 15 Apr 2014, 04:12 by Lyn Farel »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #88 on: 15 Apr 2014, 04:14 »

basically me, tl;dr

+1.

No money from me until we have at minimum a confirmed release date, and preferably a functioning beta.

Piecemeal/module-by-module is cool for prototyping. I want to see all of those modules working as one unit (for some acceptably loose beta-testing definition of 'working') before I slap some bills on the table.

That's one way of putting it. Which means that you are probably not going to support any kickstarting campaign anytime soon, for that it is exactly what it is here.

If you don't want to spend money because you get sold/enticed by a demo and a few engaging ideas, then the concept of kickstarting sure isn't going to work.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #89 on: 15 Apr 2014, 04:17 »

So that LTI is tied to the pledged ship and not to the account ? That is very, very ambiguous on the account page.

Edit : nvm, looks clearer now. They change their website layout every month... Lifetime insurance on my Aurora only wut

Oh, well yes, that's been the case from the start. The LTI only applies to the ship you purchased with it, it's not a 'token' that can apply to anything you want. People who wanted LTI on multiple ships bought multiple LTI pledges.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 44