Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Kiaor was a notable Minmatar historical figure attributed with saying, "Those whom you hate so fervently, you must have once loved so deeply."

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44

Author Topic: Star Citizen - from the producer of Wing Commander  (Read 101387 times)

Lyn Farel

Re: Star Citizen - from the producer of Wing Commander
« Reply #510 on: 13 Aug 2015, 02:16 »

It shows it's still in alpha. Almost no sound, no life, no NPC interaction (which is more problematic for this one if it's supposed to be a social module...).

But the main frame is looking good.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #511 on: 14 Aug 2015, 08:44 »

It shows it's still in alpha. Almost no sound, no life, no NPC interaction (which is more problematic for this one if it's supposed to be a social module...).

But the main frame is looking good.

NPC interaction will probably take a while, that's one of the things they're investing pretty heavily in the tech for. The main goal at the moment is to give people a place to hang out and talk with other players. It will lead into being able to invite people to visit your hangar so you can show off ships and what not.

I've done a pretty good job of not paying much attention to SC for the last several months, but the gamescom videos (and my new video card) have me itching to reinstall and see how it runs.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #512 on: 14 Aug 2015, 11:50 »

The new launcher is finally out, so new patches will only download the 'different' files instead of all 10 gigs over again each patch (finally).

Delete everything and do a clean install though!

'Social' module out before next two weeks
Arena Commander 2.0 and the FPS hopefully right after...

My Cutlass is still a neglected steaming pile of shit until they get a real balance pass and finish reworking it.. :/

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #513 on: 14 Aug 2015, 12:27 »

The new launcher is finally out, so new patches will only download the 'different' files instead of all 10 gigs over again each patch (finally).

Delete everything and do a clean install though!

'Social' module out before next two weeks
Arena Commander 2.0 and the FPS hopefully right after...

My Cutlass is still a neglected steaming pile of shit until they get a real balance pass and finish reworking it.. :/

Yeah, it's always going to be a multi-role ship that can't compete terribly well with straight-up fighters. But you can't really transport stolen goods commodities or boarding parties salvage and repair crews in a hornet.

I should take a look at grey market prices and see if it's worth unloading a couple ships, recoup some of my rather exuberant investment in this game.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #514 on: 26 Aug 2015, 13:05 »

First invites are currently going out for the Social module alpha PTU, if you've logged in to AC over the last few days (or soon) you'll be higher on the list.

It's a little demo area of one of the planetside landing zones, about 1/3 of the map they are letting you walk around now, check out some stores, emote etc. 

Super early but networking can do about 50 in one instance with plans to upgrade soon etc.

Other landing zones and the rest of this one will be out in a few batches over the next two months or so.  This one is one of the corp-worlds i think the next one is the blade-runner/net runner pirate areas.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #515 on: 27 Aug 2015, 11:27 »

Behold!  https://youtu.be/7PuTXW1T9f0?t=5m4s

Very much progress!!!!!

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #516 on: 28 Aug 2015, 14:37 »

Two things:

Social Module release today for everyone!

Vanguard Variants on sale today as well: The price is a damned insult for a effing FIGHTER.  But that is a pretty sexy ship.  I like that Aegis is the more 'anime' ship manufacturer that lives in the same universe as all the others.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14915-Vanguards-And-Then-There-Were-Three

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #517 on: 28 Aug 2015, 23:19 »

I know it's more SC posting today but lots of new stuff released today:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14927-Welcome-To-ArcCorp-Star-Citizen-12-Released

and one of the space mining stations good lord this game gonna have legs. That's all in engine but looks very WIP with the textures for the buildings, etc.

https://vimeo.com/137655209

Lyn Farel

« Reply #518 on: 29 Aug 2015, 04:13 »

That landing vid looks nice and all, but I have to admit that I don't have the patience here to read every time their walls of text... Is there anything important of note inside on the persistant world ?

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #519 on: 29 Aug 2015, 12:41 »

That landing vid looks nice and all, but I have to admit that I don't have the patience here to read every time their walls of text... Is there anything important of note inside on the persistant world ?

Just outlines the current release and the next few releases for features.  This one is sort of bare bones but the next will add more of the elements for the persistant universe.

New nice post today about electronic warfare and signature detection.  Looks pretty detailed for players who wish to dedicate the time to scanning and stealth gameplay:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14926-Design-Notes-Electronic-Warfare

Velarra

• Wetgraver
  • Angel
    • DED Profile
« Reply #520 on: 27 Sep 2015, 14:31 »

Is this a playable game yet? Or will i have more fun playing space barbie and ship spinning in Eve? Genuinely, I'm ignorant as to the state of SC. Exploring its site leads to many pictures of ships, cabins/interiors, fictional background writing, and even lets people subscribe monthly for access to...more information/updates about game development? Is it still just a tech-demo?

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/project-status

Oh. hmm.
« Last Edit: 27 Sep 2015, 14:46 by Velarra »

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #521 on: 27 Sep 2015, 20:39 »

Is this a playable game yet? Or will i have more fun playing space barbie and ship spinning in Eve? Genuinely, I'm ignorant as to the state of SC. Exploring its site leads to many pictures of ships, cabins/interiors, fictional background writing, and even lets people subscribe monthly for access to...more information/updates about game development? Is it still just a tech-demo?

Oh. hmm.

Right now you can fly the dogfighters in the pvp test arena (Arena commander) , and you can run around the alpha of one of the first planetside city locations.  I'll post some YouTube links later.

In about 3 weeks they will release the first person shooter pvp, and more importantly the first large free fly solar system,  a few million km wide solar system with space stations, points of interest, and lots of pve and pvp, and most importantly the first 'multicrew' ships sort of like the millennium falcon that you can fly and fight in with your friends. 

If you get in now you can dogfight and run around planetside, or wait a few weeks to sandbox with people in a huge solar system

Edit: I must apologize for frequent grammar and misspellings as I'm often writing on this site on my phone...
« Last Edit: 27 Sep 2015, 21:10 by Silas Vitalia »

Velarra

• Wetgraver
  • Angel
    • DED Profile
« Reply #522 on: 29 Sep 2015, 19:01 »

Oh. hmm.

Right now you can fly the dogfighters in the pvp test arena (Arena commander) , and you can run around the alpha of one of the first planetside city locations.  I'll post some YouTube links later.

In about 3 weeks they will release the first person shooter pvp, and more importantly the first large free fly solar system,  a few million km wide solar system with space stations, points of interest, and lots of pve and pvp, and most importantly the first 'multicrew' ships sort of like the millennium falcon that you can fly and fight in with your friends. 

If you get in now you can dogfight and run around planetside, or wait a few weeks to sandbox with people in a huge solar system

Edit: I must apologize for frequent grammar and misspellings as I'm often writing on this site on my phone...

Interesting. Thank you in advance for any informative videos :)

This coming open solar system, will be astronomically large i take it, supported by multiple servers sans instances a la eve TQ?

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #523 on: 29 Sep 2015, 22:14 »

The science ship on sale today, sort of a huge 200m long 'discovery 1' from 2001.

You can fill it with all sorts of bio domes or research stations or telescopes, or outfit it as a hospital, etc.  This is part of their effort to start showing more of the non pvp parts of the game. 

Be a space farmer, grow plants, etc.

I have to say there is something appealing to the idea of having your crew and exploring deep space and doing botany and research as a group. Neato.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14972-Research-Unbound-The-MISC-Endeavor

and, space farming, etc outline of gameplay: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/14974-Design-Science-And-The-Endeavor

« Last Edit: 29 Sep 2015, 22:25 by Silas Vitalia »

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #524 on: 29 Sep 2015, 22:20 »

Oh. hmm.

Interesting. Thank you in advance for any informative videos :)

This coming open solar system, will be astronomically large i take it, supported by multiple servers sans instances a la eve TQ?

Here's a good run through the first release of one of the landing zones: https://youtu.be/yqCyCPpv1a4?t=9m16s

note of course no npcs, this should be in first person, etc etc but the level of detail is -fantastic-

I'm not sure yet about the instancing for the solar system free-flight mode just yet.  It might just be a private server for 20-30 people at a time to start, sort of like the current multiplayer arena matches.

Instancing in general is another huge topic, it won't be 'real' like EVE in what you see is what you get basically.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44