Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Maroon is the color of death for the Sani Sabik? (The Burning Life, p. 45)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Other MMOGs  (Read 11615 times)

Aodha Khan

Re: Other MMOGs
« Reply #60 on: 14 Sep 2010, 05:54 »

Ultima Online and Eve online are the only two MMORPG to keep my interest. Tried most of the others till around time WoW was released. WoW lasted about 3 days when I realised I'm doing just the same things that I did in the other games.

So now I only play Eve until something original and exciting comes out. Probably when hell freezes over.

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain
« Reply #61 on: 14 Sep 2010, 09:23 »

So now I only play Eve until something original and exciting comes out. Probably when hell freezes over.

http://www.infinity-universe.com/Infinity/index.php

Usagi Tsukino

• Wetgraver
  • Fail RPer; Doing It Wrong.
    • Usagi's Seldom Updated Twitter Account
« Reply #62 on: 14 Sep 2010, 13:11 »

http://www.infinity-universe.com/Infinity/index.php
Given how often that site is really updated and how fast they are progressing with that game, hell being frozen is likely to happen first.

That poor kid has been coding away for years on that game.  :(

Stimulus :: Multispectacular
<3 Gurista raised, Caldari Navy trained, Bacchanalian alt. <3
Chaotic Dreams | An IC Blog Experiment

Myrhial Arkenath

• Omelette
  • One does not simply walk into Curse.
    • Diary of a Pod Pilot
« Reply #63 on: 15 Sep 2010, 01:52 »

FFXIV beta. Interesting is the first word that springs to mind. If it weren't for the other people, you could be playing a regular RPG. I'm wondering though how long that will last, considering AoC had the same till you left the starting area and suddenly all the voicing and awesomeness was gone  :bash:

CEO of Ghost Festival :: Executor of Naraka.
Diary of a Pod Pilot

Wanoah

• Omelette
  • Sweating spinal fluid
    • Hello!
« Reply #64 on: 15 Sep 2010, 14:49 »

FFXIV beta.

Ohjesuschristno. They are making a Final Fantasy MMO? I'm torn between the instinctive desire to run as far away as possible from anything Final fucking Fantasy (Oh please make it final and stop lying! :P) while screaming over comms for an airstrike on whichever datacentre it is that hosts their servers; and signing up with the sole intent of griefing and trolling as many fanbois as possible.  :lol:
Nothing worth saying is inoffensive to everyone

Blog | Fiction

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #65 on: 15 Sep 2010, 15:06 »

They already made one. Like, 7 years ago.

Now they're making another. :D
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

deMangler

• Clonejack
« Reply #66 on: 02 Oct 2010, 17:45 »

Infinity online is slow, but he is sticking to his concept and making real progress.

I found this recently

http://www.havenandhearth.com/portal/

And I am blown away. Full pvp, massive seamless sandbox universe, 2d topdown. Great crafting and although I have not fought anyone yet (did I mention massive sandbox universe?) the combat system seems good.

They say the game is in alpha, but only because of what their objective is. The game is already better than most other games I have played.
I have put maybe 40 real time hours into it and am just scratching the surface.
Definitely my game  of choice at the moment.
There are maybe 300 players logged on at any one time so far as I have seen. (may go up now....)
The forum seems to be over-run with pwneristic kids, which makes the patience of the more mature types even more inspiring. Well, the idea is for everyone to have fun right?
Anyway, there ya go.
dM

IC -: LS-RP
-------------------
OOC -:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]