Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Blood Raiders are part of an ancient cultist faction called Sani Sabik, which first appeared on Amarr Prime thousands of years ago? Read more here.

Author Topic: How was this inappropriate?  (Read 1833 times)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
How was this inappropriate?
« on: 15 Sep 2012, 20:06 »

Going to mention the elephant in the room here.

Based on my discussions with people OOC over my time playing with this community, I have noticed that a staggering majority of the people posting in this thread do not like Leopold OOC. Many of the people arguing with him here have had a history of not really getting on with him well at least in recent history. Several of you have had long discussions with me personally about this very issue.

While the arguments being posted here are valid, I can't help but notice there are few neutral parties to your OOC issues weighing in by comparison. Not going to name names, but this is starting to look like a dogpile, because some of you just plain don't like the guy very much.

Because I am trying to work on bettering my own interaction with Leo OOC, I'm not going to weigh in on what I think of this.

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons
Re: How was this inappropriate?
« Reply #1 on: 15 Sep 2012, 21:02 »

I'm almost certain it was moved only because it was linked to the part of the discussion that was a derailment from the original topic, the recruitment ad, not because it was inappropriate it any way, Kat.

It wouldn't have made sense to leave it as a stand alone post in the original thread after it was divided the way it was.
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

Lyn Farel

« Reply #2 on: 16 Sep 2012, 05:22 »

I think your post belongs more to the other thread on moderation we currently have than to the thread from which it has been removed.
« Last Edit: 16 Sep 2012, 05:29 by Lyn Farel »

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #3 on: 16 Sep 2012, 07:57 »

Because the post in question doesn't belong in a recruitment thread (of course), nor does it belong in my opinion in a thread about the association of a corporation. Of course this is subjective, but as I was cleaning things up and seeing where the discussion actually went, I didn't see how it could lead to anything constructive given the current atmosphere.

I'll also refer to the FAQ, always worth a quick read in situations like the one over the last few days overall.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #4 on: 16 Sep 2012, 09:23 »

Okay, that seems fair. I wasn't sure if what I said had somehow been offensive or grossly inappropriate. You're right that it doesn't belong in the thread though. Didn't think of that (of course).

On the suggestion, i will post this quote (again) in the moderation discussion thread.
« Last Edit: 16 Sep 2012, 09:26 by Katrina Oniseki »