Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Myrhial Arkenath was born and raised on Saisio III? Read more here

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: [Character] Makkal Hanaya  (Read 8382 times)

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
[Character] Makkal Hanaya
« on: 20 Aug 2012, 12:37 »

Makkal Hanaya

At the End of Your Journey - Makkal's blog.

Basic Information

Callsign: Makkal
Height: 5'1''
Weight: 153 lbs.
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Light Blue (natural), Silver (implants)
Birthplace:  Shinsuru (Sazre V, Nohshayess)
Citizenship: Khanid Kingdoms

Events:
YC 115, 04, 20 - In order to atone for personal failures, Makkal has joined I-RED. She hopes that by showing martial prowess and defeating the enemies of the empires (pirates), she can redeem herself.

YC 115, 05, 05 - Makkal's marriage is annulled due to her family's influence. ((Partner's player is unable to continue playing EVE.))

YC 115, 05, 30 - Promoted to Chūi in RDC. Placed in charge of operational assessment, management, and upgrade (OAMU) of several RDC facilities.

YC 115, 06, 12 - Hostile actions with Clockwork Pineapple in IRED space include a structure under Makkal's OAMU. Several guns refuse to operate and Makkal is suspended during post-action investigations. Investigations find her non-negligent and changes are made to OAMU policy. 

Description

Holo-projection:
A slim Khanid woman in a modest but elegant Amarrian dress, her hair in an elaborate coif.
Face-to-face: Highly augmented - black metallic arms and legs, silver eye opticals, and an electronic edge to her voice. Tends to wear simple blouses and Caldari-style pants.

The Universe According to Makkal!

Amarr - Corrupt, arrogant warmongers.
Caldari - Godless, but good business partners.
Gallente - Degenerates seeking to infect the cluster with their perversions.
Minmatar - Savages, but a god send. 

Ammatar - Lapdogs. What the Kingdom could end up as if we're not careful.
Intaki - Excellent people.
Nation - Great ideas, and the reason those ideas can't be applied.

Equilibrium of Mankind - Evidence of the Ardishapur family's weakness and corruption.
Intaki Syndicate - A noble beginning, but without a strong leader to unite them, they've never reached their real potential.
Red God Worshipers - Mostly crazy.
Kingdom citizens who work for the Reclaiming - Mostly traitors.

Various Amarr Houses - The Ardishapur invaded and occupied Makkal's homeplanet for a time and the clan as a whole still sees them as enemies. Makkal's step-father has several silver hands he keeps as trophies. The Kor-Azor's moderate politics is seen as appealing and intelligent, and the Hanaya clan has had more business relations with that family than with all the others combined.

Oh, I just remember this:
1) Makkal gets a kick out of people referring to her as "Lady Hanaya" because the title is a questionable one. Properly, Lady Hanaya is the first wife of Lord Hanaya, her grand uncle and the head of her clan. Makkal was named after her maternal grandmother, who is also Makkal Hanaya, so within her family and in official documentation, she's typically referred to as Makkal the Younger.

2) The name Makkal is a future version of Micheal, the archangel who leads the forces of heaven. It means 'Who is like God?' (It's a rhetorical question, the implied answer is 'no one.')

3) Makkal's comm has an obscenity filter that tends to chew up swear words as well as various profane comments. Makkal herself has a private inhibitor that delivers the sensation of an electric shock whenever she swears or attempts to engage in prohibited activities.

---------------------
Clan Hanaya

Some history and context to Makkal's family.

Clan Hanaya was formed when one of the Holders under Khanid II, Lady Indara, refused to join him in his rebellion. Uniah Hanaya, the Indara's majordomo, killed her and seized control of her forces. As a reward, he was raised to peerage and given control of the border world of Shinsuru.

Shinsuru is an oceanic world rich in (delicious) marine wildlife and able to support extensive underwater agriculture. Unfortunately, due to its location, it was a frequent target of border skirmishes and trade disruptions. What should have been a profitable planet was instead impoverished and wartorn. It was even occupied by the Imperial forces for 12 years, during which Lord Hanaya and his clan had to take sanctuary with a neighboring family.

For much of its existence, the Hanaya clan was known as small and destitute, but fiercely loyal to the Kingdom.

This changed when the Kingdom began to establish trade relations with the Caldari. The Hanaya clan helped Kaalakiota establish itself in the Kingdom, especially with the 'soft' elements of Kingdom business the Caldari struggled with. Currently, Clan Hanaya runs a sprawling logistic network for Kaalakiota and various Khanid industries that supply the Navy.
-------------------

The RDC shirt Makkal often wears to work out or while mining in Syndicate.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Stuff said:
[spoiler]
Makkal Hanaya > "Did you know that there used to be cults in the Empire used to cut up their 'saints' and sell the bits as holy relics? I have about a dozen little relics sitting in the family hold."
Makkal Hanaya > “I imagine someday I’ll have enough to assemble a whole saint.”[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: 23 Jan 2014, 23:26 by Makkal »
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
Re: [Character] Makkal Hanaya
« Reply #1 on: 20 Aug 2012, 12:43 »

Kat and Makkal really should meet.

Namkhai Sin

• Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 20 Aug 2012, 13:37 »

I suppose that answers my question as to where the Kingdom players are. :)

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
« Reply #3 on: 20 Aug 2012, 14:00 »

Added the universe according to Makkal.

Kat and Makkal really should meet.
I am in agreement.

Hello there!
« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2012, 14:02 by Makkal »

Current Events

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #4 on: 20 Aug 2012, 14:06 »

I really like Makkal, btw.  +1 Tib Approval.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #5 on: 20 Aug 2012, 14:14 »

They (we?) are, predictably... in the Kingdom :3

Also, goes without saying, but :cube: Makkal
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons
« Reply #6 on: 20 Aug 2012, 14:51 »

I love Makkal! Though she and Azdan haven't spoken much.

Having seen her view on Amarr, it makes sense why they may not have spoken much. The list of people whom might actually like Azdan IC grows very small indeed.
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
« Reply #7 on: 20 Aug 2012, 14:58 »

I really like Makkal, btw.  +1 Tib Approval.
Thank you! I also like Tiberious, but Makkal avoids him given Nation's reputation. Makkal is also interested in transhumanism and has advocated using TMCM on criminals, so she's very leery of appearing to support or have anything to do with Nation.

They (we?) are, predictably... in the Kingdom :3

Also, goes without saying, but :cube: Makkal
I'm glad you like her!

I love Makkal! Though she and Azdan haven't spoken much.

Having seen her view on Amarr, it makes sense why they may not have spoken much. The list of people whom might actually like Azdan IC grows very small indeed.
They haven't spoken much because I haven't been on as much, and when I am on, I'm often doing private RPs.

Her dislike of the Amarr Empire has never influenced her reaction to Amarrian characters.
« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2012, 15:06 by Makkal »

Current Events

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #8 on: 20 Aug 2012, 15:37 »

I've enjoyed the interactions I've had with Makkal, though our respective factional affiliations limit it a bit.

Given the Kingdom already uses TCMCs on slaves, I would be surprised if they hadn't - at least on a trial basis - used them on criminals too.

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"
« Reply #9 on: 20 Aug 2012, 15:42 »

I like this character!

I also like your Faction feelings roundup. I'll probably be stealing that for when/if I ever write a public bio. :)

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
« Reply #10 on: 20 Aug 2012, 15:49 »

I like this character!

I also like your Faction feelings roundup. I'll probably be stealing that for when/if I ever write a public bio. :)
And you remind me that I didn't do EoM.

Given the Kingdom already uses TCMCs on slaves, I would be surprised if they hadn't - at least on a trial basis - used them on criminals too.
Oooooh.

If I had known that, I'd have had Makkal use them extensively on her indentured laborers.
« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2012, 15:56 by Makkal »

Current Events

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #11 on: 20 Aug 2012, 15:59 »

If you are doing other small factions (particularly given her liking of the Intaki) you should do Syndicate. Particularly given the parallels with the Kingdom, and the differences, Makkal might have an interesting perspective.

I can't say I'd be sorry to see a breakdown of her opinion on the various Houses - though if they are all variations of the Amarr one it might not be needed.

Tamiroth

• Wetgraver
« Reply #12 on: 21 Aug 2012, 02:43 »

Awesome character.

It's a pity that Makkal and Tammy are on the opposite ends of the Khanid political spectrum (and she probably already called Makkal "Lady Hanaya" a few times, hehe)

I also like your Faction feelings roundup. I'll probably be stealing that
Also, this!

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
« Reply #13 on: 20 Apr 2013, 21:44 »

Added joining IRED.

Current Events

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #14 on: 09 Jun 2013, 11:05 »

Hi,

This is one of those annoying "There is only Zuul" RPer-Type questions. How do you balance when you as a player want to do something that your character probably doesn't? When it's a big thing, particularly. How legitimate do you think it is to bend your character's actions towards your OOC wants, rather than allowing your play to follow your character's natural growth and development?

This one is a might struggle at the moment.   :ugh:

I designed Makkal to like what I like and her personality type is one that's easy to play with. The problem is that it's been a year since I created her and I'm a dilettante. I know that if I relax and give it a month or so, several of my 'issues' will work themselves out, but in the mean time, I'm constantly having to slap my hand away from my own PC.

What sorts of questions or issues do you have? Anything we could help with maybe?
Pages: [1] 2 3