Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Jin-Mei homeworlds of Lirsautton III and V are called Chakaux and Chandeille respectively?

Author Topic: Hi  (Read 2384 times)

Yoshito Sanders

• Egger
Hi
« on: 27 Apr 2010, 02:43 »

I'm Yoshito. I hardly play EVE anymore. I write a lot for EON. In fact, the past two issues have contained only my fiction. I spent an entire year writing (roughly) one chron-length EVE story a week.

My avatar is a cactus chef playing a flute.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: 27 Apr 2010, 02:51 »

Yoshito, distant relative of Yoshida?

Anyway, nice to see you around here.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #2 on: 27 Apr 2010, 04:18 »

Any online versions of your fiction? Also, be a good lad and start announcing places and addresses for fan-fiction to be submitted to EON.

Welcome. Now get to work.

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
« Reply #3 on: 27 Apr 2010, 04:49 »

Good to see you here. Welcome.
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #4 on: 27 Apr 2010, 07:53 »

I would've copied over your "Wanna be in EON?" post from the other forum, but I wasn't sure if it was still applicable since I'm a poor bastard and can't afford an EON sub (let alone all the back issues I'd feel obligated to buy).  Welcome to Backstage!

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 27 Apr 2010, 08:13 »

Confirming Yoshito writes awesome stuff.

Any online versions of your fiction?

There's some stuff in the EVE Fiction section of the official forums. You could probably search it out pretty easily with eve-search.

Anyway, happy to see you active still, Yoshito.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #6 on: 27 Apr 2010, 12:01 »

Any online versions of your fiction?
YES.
Also, be a good lad and start announcing places and addresses for fan-fiction to be submitted to EON.

Welcome. Now get to work.
He's been working, God-dammit.

Jeezus.

Hai, Yosh. How dat Colonel been?

Yoshito Sanders

• Egger
« Reply #7 on: 27 Apr 2010, 12:14 »

The best place to find all my recent fiction collated into one place is my blog, at www.homebasecomics.com/blog/

It hasn't been updated recently because I've been working on my novel(s), but eventually I'll write some short stories and toss them up there. I don't have any of my older EVE fiction there, though. However, if you do a search on the official forums you can find some of my older stuff, like Water Angels and Piloting in the Nude.

They've also got a fair bit of my stuff at http://evechronicles.com/

They've even got some neat illustrations for my stuff.

The method of submitting things for EON is drastically different now, so that post is worthless. Essentially, CCP tells Zapatero "Hey, we want a story about XXX." And then he contacts a few people on his EVE Fiction Writer List and asks if anyone wants to do it. I'm the only person who ever has so far. Mainly because you have roughly 1 week to send him an idea, then maybe two weeks to write it once CCP OKs it.

I'll get in touch with Zap and see how newer writers might go about breaking onto his list.

« Last Edit: 27 Apr 2010, 12:16 by Yoshito Sanders »

Shae Tiann

• Sweet little bad girl
  • Egger
    • Sweet Little Bad Girl
« Reply #8 on: 27 Apr 2010, 13:46 »

The method of submitting things for EON is drastically different now, so that post is worthless. Essentially, CCP tells Zapatero "Hey, we want a story about XXX." And then he contacts a few people on his EVE Fiction Writer List and asks if anyone wants to do it. I'm the only person who ever has so far. Mainly because you have roughly 1 week to send him an idea, then maybe two weeks to write it once CCP OKs it.
o_O That's a hell of a scary schedule.
...Though I did have an idea for something to submit. Do they approve of comedy?

Yoshito Sanders

• Egger
« Reply #9 on: 27 Apr 2010, 14:47 »

Yeah, comedy is fine. The main rule is as long as it's good, they'll be fine with it.

The only thing is it's much less "writers give us stories" and more "CCP asks for stories and we get them written."