Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that Frentix exists in a diluted version called Frenetix?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: EVELOPEDIA character entries  (Read 14561 times)

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
Re: EVELOPEDIA character entries
« Reply #30 on: 03 May 2012, 14:41 »

I was talking on MSN earlier about how it struck me as odd that I'd never gotten to writing one of these. I suppose I could while I'm on break, but effort. He's not very exciting, when it comes down to it.

Kyber can be very exciting. If you like that sort of thing. He was fascinating to watch (from a distance)

This is pretty much my issue.  When you make a character to be boring and (relatively) stable (concerning the circumstances) his history doesn't tend to lend much excitement.

I probably wouldn't write much more than what I thought would be publically available. If that's not much, then that itself is information you can use to shape the public perception of your character, neh?
Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #31 on: 03 May 2012, 14:53 »

People get their public perception of Tib by interacting with him, though.  Thats sort of the way I tend to prefer it.  He was hardly famous as a capsuleer, had no great accomplishments to his name (a few medals from his corp for mining -so damn much-), and a little bit of an anti-slavery-but-not-too-fast-lets-be-realistic point of view that he was not shy of sharing.

Then he went Sansha and all hell broke lose.

But he still comes across as relatively sane.  A little fanatical maybe, but hardly even to the level you see some Minmatar and Amarrian pilots doing.  He maintains the ability to think rationally and calmly, and even attributes part of that to his being Sansha now (emotional interaction chips in the head make this very easy).

So I dunno really where I would start.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #32 on: 03 May 2012, 14:58 »

Here's mine.

Saikoyu

Still needs some work I guess.  DO they update the forms every so often, I could have swarn that I didn't have a gender slot open the last time I looked.
« Last Edit: 04 May 2012, 10:08 by Saikoyu »

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #33 on: 03 May 2012, 15:44 »

I was talking on MSN earlier about how it struck me as odd that I'd never gotten to writing one of these. I suppose I could while I'm on break, but effort. He's not very exciting, when it comes down to it.

Nonsense.  Between your adventures with high-voltage, the Kyber Moros Relief Fund, being the only clone in New Eden who uses a hairpiece rather than growing his own hair, and your rapid switching of sides, not to mention your nights of wild debauchery in Brutor bars, I would say Kyber lived an exciting life.
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #34 on: 03 May 2012, 16:40 »

Well, not to toot my horn, but mine is here.

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Kyoko_Sakoda_(Character)

And now also up to date for Inferno.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #35 on: 03 May 2012, 17:18 »

If multiple people made the attempt, and each was clearly designated as such, I would be fascinated to see what someone else wrote for mine.

I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling that way...

Viewpoint: VETO
"Graelyn is an Amarrian who flies into our camp fleets on a regular basis, dying in expensive ships...."  :yar:

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #36 on: 03 May 2012, 17:23 »

Actually, it was Lucius Vindictus who made the pages for Aldrith and KotMC intitially. He did some really good work too, albiet for Aldy he only copy/pasted my bio in there.

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #37 on: 03 May 2012, 17:50 »

If multiple people made the attempt, and each was clearly designated as such, I would be fascinated to see what someone else wrote for mine.

I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling that way...

Viewpoint: VETO
"Graelyn is an Amarrian who flies into our camp fleets on a regular basis, dying in expensive ships...."  :yar:

Yeah, this.  Would be cool, if done right.
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #38 on: 03 May 2012, 18:27 »

Anyone want to experiment with this? I offer my profile for sacrifice.

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #39 on: 03 May 2012, 19:01 »

You forgot "stealing bar chairs with impunity."

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #40 on: 03 May 2012, 19:48 »

CONCORD: "Multiple counts of chair thievery"

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #41 on: 03 May 2012, 19:49 »

Kyoko, the whole point of the thread is to toot your horn and let us read and comment. I've got a lot of yours to catch up on

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #42 on: 03 May 2012, 20:27 »

hmm.. might have to do one for the Mashtori and Math tomorrow - probably in RKN viewpoint as they have the most complete and relatively easy to access files on both.

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Lyn Farel

« Reply #43 on: 04 May 2012, 05:51 »

Here's mine.

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Saikoyu_(Character)

Still needs some work I guess.  DO they update the forms every so often, I could have swarn that I didn't have a gender slot open the last time I looked.

Yes the gender slot got added recently in the template. It made me giggle when I saw "undisclosed".

Also, your link is broken (lacks the ")" at the end).

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #44 on: 04 May 2012, 10:09 »

Thanks Lyn, fixexd the link.  The rest I'll get to later.  I think I'll have more to add soonish.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8