Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ship crews either spend most of their journey in their escape pods, and are awoken with adrenaline only as needed?(Source: The Burning Life novel by CCP Abraxas.) or live aboard ship much like ship's crews today? (Source)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Pirates, Pirates never change.  (Read 6693 times)

Gymir Asaadan

• Clonejack
Re: Pirates, Pirates never change.
« Reply #45 on: 30 Apr 2012, 18:57 »

Ghost dogs was taken, as was a few others I had my eyes on.

I've ended up on Comb the Cat, it was a 17th and 18th century Naval term referring to the act of cleaning the cat of nine tails after each stroke of a flogging for punishment. the ticker is 9tail

Now my question only lies with myself, did I make the right decision on a corp name...

My other short list was

Black spots - a black spot was given to a pirate commander when the crew no longer had confidence in him (actually fictional, but hey)

Davy's Grip - Similar to in deaths hand, or in the grip of death (I thought this was good but it was disqualified because Davy jones doubtfully made it to space.

So what does everyone think? Should I change my corp name? or does Comb the cat work? (As you can tell i am indecisive on the name >.<)
An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.
-Buddha

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #46 on: 30 Apr 2012, 19:01 »

I obviously spent too long in Reawakened Technologies, but that really wasn't what I was thinking about when I heard "Comb the cat" for the first time...
Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Gymir Asaadan

• Clonejack
« Reply #47 on: 30 Apr 2012, 19:06 »

It's many many meanings are one of the reasons why it is so attractive, plus think all the cat and kitty pictures I can use for signatures and Forumz and killboards  :wut:
An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.
-Buddha
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]