Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

a demonstration by the pro-cloning group Imperial Immortality Foundation was attacked by the Imperial Army using nanotoxin in YC106, resulting in numerous fatalities.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: [Art Contest] Villore Accords Alliance Logo  (Read 16268 times)

Shaalira

• Egger
[Art Contest] Villore Accords Alliance Logo
« on: 02 Feb 2012, 15:04 »

The Villore Accords is a new alliance of FDU-aligned corporations.  As such, it's in need of a unique logo to give it distinct character.   To get the best logo possible, we are opening a public competition to any artist interested in leaving their creative stamp on the EVE political map.

Prize Pool:  1 billion isk

Background:  Although the Villore Accords is technically a new alliance, its name and history traces back to an actual compact between several prominent FDU corporations during the height of the Caldari occupation of Gallente border space.  The agreement succeeded in drawing these fighting units together into a force cohesive enough to effectively reverse the fortunes of the war.  Following the reorganization of the militia through the Accords, all of occupied Gallente space was eventually liberated from Caldari occupation.  Currently, the front lines have pushed deep into State territory in Black Rise and the Citadel.

CONCORD recently amended its rules of engagement to permit capsuleer militia corporations to organize into official alliances.  The Quantum Cats Syndicate, one of the founding members of the original agreement, decided to revive the spirit of the Villore Accords and found an alliance under that same name.  It is the first official alliance to fly under the banner of the FDU.

Contest Rules:

- The submission must include the following:

1) A graphic that matches the criteria for alliance logos as set forth by CCP.  Their criteria can be found here.
2) A similarly-themed banner appropriate as a website header or a forum signature.  This banner must include the logo and the alliance name, 'Villore Accords.'
3) A larger and more detailed version of the logo at least 512x512 pixels in size.

- The logo should be appropriate to the lore and character of the Villore Accords, as noted in the background above.

- Submissions must be made by the 21st of February.  The winner will be announced on the 30th of February if not sooner.

- In order to make a submission, register at the QCATS public forum at qcats.com.  Post a thread with a title that includes 'Alliance Logo Submission.'  The opening post should include links to the submitted images as well as the name of a character in-game to receive the prize should you win.  You are permitted (but are not required) to explain your creation in the opening post, and why it suits the Villore Accords.

- By submitting a logo, you are giving us the right to make full and free use of your submissions in-game and out-of-game. In addition, you are providing us the right to modify or distribute the submissions.

For any inquiries or questions concerning the contest, feel free to post in this thread or contact Shaalira D'arc in-game.
« Last Edit: 02 Feb 2012, 15:41 by Shaalira »

Shaalira

• Egger
Re: [Art Contest] Villore Accords Alliance Logo
« Reply #1 on: 02 Feb 2012, 15:45 »

As an added update, Chribba will be holding the prize money until the winner is announced.

He has posted confirmation in the EVE-O thread:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=65223&find=unread

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #2 on: 02 Feb 2012, 15:56 »

Think you'll be getting the best exposure on the EVE Fiction forum? Perhaps MyEVE or some other forum?

Granted, Chribba posting on it will get some exposure certainly.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #3 on: 03 Feb 2012, 06:34 »

- In order to make a submission, register at the QCATS public forum at qcats.com.  Post a thread with a title that includes 'Alliance Logo Submission.'  The opening post should include links to the submitted images as well as the name of a character in-game to receive the prize should you win.

Looks like the qcats forums requires you to use EVEmail to register.  So if one would like to submit an entry but doesn't have an active EVE account at the moment...  would you accept it by some other means of delivery?

Shaalira

• Egger
« Reply #4 on: 03 Feb 2012, 08:33 »

In the case of those without active EVE accounts, they can post their submission in this thread under the same guidelines.  I'll let the judges (and Chribba) know there may be some entries in this thread.

Edit:  I'll also copy your submission over the QCATs official forums, just to make sure.
« Last Edit: 03 Feb 2012, 08:52 by Shaalira »

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #5 on: 03 Feb 2012, 09:46 »

i said to Seri, that a good logo would be a giant eagle, one claw carrying a nude Deteis girlie, the other a civire girlie, and in the background, caldari prime is on fire, and there's a scrolly bannery thing in the foreground with "Peace For All" on it. :)

hope you get some great logos :)
\o/

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #6 on: 03 Feb 2012, 10:40 »

i said to Seri, that a good logo would be a giant eagle, one claw carrying a nude Deteis girlie, the other a civire girlie, and in the background, caldari prime is on fire, and there's a scrolly bannery thing in the foreground with "Peace For All" on it. :)

hope you get some great logos :)

:lol: :lol: picturing it made me chuckle

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #7 on: 03 Feb 2012, 19:55 »

That would be brilliant!

In the case of those without active EVE accounts, they can post their submission in this thread under the same guidelines.  I'll let the judges (and Chribba) know there may be some entries in this thread.

Edit:  I'll also copy your submission over the QCATs official forums, just to make sure.
Sweet, I'll paste them below.  Color schemes and material effects can be tweaked of course.

128x128 logo (in-game; .psd format available for submission)

512x512 logo

Forum banner/signature example

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #8 on: 03 Feb 2012, 20:06 »

Looks like Ken wins again.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Shaalira

• Egger
« Reply #9 on: 03 Feb 2012, 21:26 »

Sweet, I'll paste them below.  Color schemes and material effects can be tweaked of course.

Thanks for your submission!  I've posted a copy of your post in the QCATS public forum.  In the event that you win, where would you like the prize money to go?

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #10 on: 03 Feb 2012, 21:34 »

Ah...  Give it to Seri or Mammal to hold in trust?  ;)  Not worried about it, really.  You'll get far more awesome submissions than mine with Chribba's name and 1b iskies attached to this contest.  :)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #11 on: 04 Feb 2012, 06:48 »

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #12 on: 04 Feb 2012, 16:49 »

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #13 on: 04 Feb 2012, 17:08 »

I'm gonna be contrarian and say that Ken will lose, because he doesn't play EVE anymore and that makes him terrible at everything.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #14 on: 04 Feb 2012, 17:36 »

I'm gonna be contrarian and say that Ken will lose, because he doesn't play EVE anymore and that makes him terrible at everything.

An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you
Pages: [1] 2 3