Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Evanda Char started life as humble mechanic?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Justin Bieber  (Read 4150 times)

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
Re: Justin Bieber
« Reply #15 on: 15 May 2010, 04:41 »

Well he is like the white kid that could do all this blues stuff around the latest Blues Brothers movie.

Technically he can do all the 'cool' things that come with the type of music but, to quote the african-american vernacular, he has no soul.

I believe that is what the OP was referring to when talking about dying musically.

There is has been this tendency in the american pop music scene to adopt the 'cool' things of african-americans in the ways of usage of the singing voice which in context of the old classics, and music that gives you a certain kind of cathartic experience, and pop music which basically takes the old and takes a good solid piss and a dump on the whole concept of actually using music as something else than elevator music.

One of the reasons that I hate hip hop vehemently, they take the 'good bits' of music, sample it and turn it into a fucking chorus.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #16 on: 18 May 2010, 18:03 »

Have to disagree; hip hop is a varied form of music that successfully (most often when done correctly) combines jazz and funk samples and fits them with poetic verse. The hip hop I hate is Southern rap and gangsta rap that has lyrics talking about how many bitches someone's fucked, or how many drinks it takes to get an ass looking good.

Mazca

• Clonejack
  • Best Regards
« Reply #17 on: 19 May 2010, 03:46 »

Music is alive and well.

The fact that the progressive trajectory (if you will) it has taken is to the distaste of some, is just unfortunate for us ;)

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #18 on: 19 May 2010, 12:16 »

There was a thing, a video, that i saw linked somewhere, it was pretty bad looking.
the "group" doing it was named something silly like "BrOkeNCide" or similar assault on language.
I was like o.0 it was really, really bad.

Also, I read a thing, about how it's because the Ear ages. Older people, (and not all that old these days), cannot hear the highest notes, and as such do not get the same experience as younger people. When listening to the music they grew up with, the older people's brains fill in the gaps, so it sounds fine, even though they can't fully hear it.

therefore "what's that rubbish you're listening to?" is a perpetual complaint, based upon the aging of the Ear.

Furthermore, the usage of personal devices, Walkmans, Discmans, iPods, mp3players etc, with thingies going right into the ear, the hearing of people deteriorates at an appallingly high rate. Navies have problems recruiting sonar operators, as school-leavers hearing isn't as good as it used to be, for example.

This will make the age at which people say "modern music is rubbish" younger and younger, due to the premature aging of the Ear.
\o/

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #19 on: 25 May 2010, 17:06 »

><

This thread

is TERRIBAD /o|

Myrhial Arkenath

• Omelette
  • One does not simply walk into Curse.
    • Diary of a Pod Pilot
« Reply #20 on: 26 May 2010, 00:58 »

I personally have given up on the radio station that is "aimed" for my age group and listen to a station call "The Q" mostly now which is a mix of classic rock and a few decent songs from when I was about in high school.

Good to hear I am not the only one. At the office I used to work we'd have one of these stations on that played "only the newest and greatest hits" so you got to listen to the same songs at least 3x a day. And then of course you had the hit song of the week, which would be repeated every two hours. My co-workers seemed to think this normal, but me being used to listening to a whole different kind of radio station literally got sick of it. It added a lot to the stress I was experiencing and I was glad when a shift in colleagues meant we'd just bring our own music on iPod. Our office manager was greatly concerned by all of this and simply couldn't understand how we could be so asocial, but truth to be told work efficiency went up a lot by it.

It's also been one of the things I found very difficult when moving, because back in Belgium I'd listen to a station called Studio Brussel which is a tad more alternative despite being a public station. When I tuned in to the more alternative 3FM here I still found them to be terribly mainstream. So I am sticking with the good old 80's and 90's songs on Radio Veronica. They do mingle in the current day stuff that I enjoy (mostly rock) which is nice as well. I'll take that any day over Beyonce or flavor of the month artists like Bieber.

CEO of Ghost Festival :: Executor of Naraka.
Diary of a Pod Pilot
Pages: 1 [2]