Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When level 4s first came out, they used the Belt NPCs and not the lesser Complex NPCs?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Fiction Portal and New Evelopedia  (Read 21349 times)

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
Re: Fiction Portal and New Evelopedia
« Reply #15 on: 20 Dec 2011, 23:26 »

GO AND TELL EVERYONE!!

Everyone??

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #16 on: 20 Dec 2011, 23:38 »

Happy days!

"... the Way is a cyclical fad in the Gallente Federation, where Gallente youth have sometimes used it as a symbol of rebellion. Such practice is considered blasphemous and disrespectful, though most Caldari tend to simply dismiss it as 'Gallente being Gallente.'"

« Last Edit: 20 Dec 2011, 23:41 by Senn Typhos »
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #17 on: 21 Dec 2011, 01:37 »

Amazing stuff. 

Gottii's genetic background is now PF  \o/ 
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #18 on: 21 Dec 2011, 02:34 »

:eek: So much PF...

Some of these articles are massive. Slavery is humungous, as is Ni-Kunni...hopefully we'll see the other bloodlines fleshed out to such a degree.
« Last Edit: 21 Dec 2011, 02:41 by Seriphyn »

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #19 on: 21 Dec 2011, 03:00 »

Have not gotten through all of yet but already spotted some good parts such as limiting the "official" information on the four ancient races, thereby allowing for more A'J wriggle room. Also highlighting different valid theories for our origins was superb.

And best of all is that the information I have collected in the Lorebook has not become redundant.

Except... Arzad Hamri. If this information now is spreading among capsuleers there will be another topic for the Amarr-Minmatar to argue about.

And ups, w-space is in a distant galaxy? That will break some bones.
« Last Edit: 21 Dec 2011, 03:22 by Myyona »
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #20 on: 21 Dec 2011, 03:21 »

Speaking of ancient stuff, apparently the Jin-Mei might be an offshoot of the Yan Jung...

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #21 on: 21 Dec 2011, 03:24 »

I guess I am one of those academics... (shameless link) Good to get another reference to work with.
« Last Edit: 21 Dec 2011, 03:27 by Myyona »
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #22 on: 21 Dec 2011, 03:47 »

There's some excellent stuff in here.

There's also some content that reads as if a keen but misinformed Mercury volunteer was trying to connect the dots of the randomly-generated planetary data. And when that affects Matar I care. http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Matar

According to this they've canonised Matar being 85% water (which I believe was originally an error of the random planet-skinning) and an average of 32 degrees C (which, unless being a water planet really changes the maths, isn't "especially conducive to hosting life" as we know it: Earth's average temperature is around 15 degrees C, and we're really quite concerned about a 2-degree rise).

The Sebiestor homeland of Mikramurka has been turned into the continent of Mikramura (typo?). [Edited to note that this has now been fixed.]

The page doesn't seem to have a discussion page that I can edit. Does anyone know a good way to report PF "bugs"?
« Last Edit: 21 Dec 2011, 19:43 by Matariki Rain »

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #23 on: 21 Dec 2011, 04:03 »

My brain is melting...  :eek:

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #24 on: 21 Dec 2011, 06:09 »

Soekheviti is again in Sol?

Also, another oddity: Muriya Mordu, the current commander of Mordu's Legion is the original Mordu? I mean, wouldn't that make him over 200 years old? I also thought for some reason he might be a capsuleer, that would kind of explain that... except that pretty sure he'd be then older than ol' Alex Noir, and another veteran of the Caldari-Gallente War. Unless Noir's biography is to be read "only remaining Gallente veteran". However, it would be kind of logical that if there's a Mordu heading Mordu's Legion Command, we'd be having something on the likes of grand-grand-grandsons of the Mordu.

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help
« Reply #25 on: 21 Dec 2011, 07:12 »

While it's still fresh in my head... soft-clones are official PF. :smug:

:D

Desiderya

« Reply #26 on: 21 Dec 2011, 07:41 »

Nice. Very nice.

But...

A species of animals described as “fuzzy, pink teddy-bears” with grotesquely large eyes and mouths are used by the Amarr as a torture method. They are capable of saying “we... wuv... you” over and over. They were intended for children, but they were apparently found too unsettling. However, they manage to be effective at breaking prisoners, presumably because of how creepy they are.

Whut?

Linky

Repentence Tyrathlion

• Omelette
  • RIP?
« Reply #27 on: 21 Dec 2011, 09:06 »

Oh god.  I remember that being in one of the Chrons, 'Methods of Torture: the Amarr' IIRC.  Though I thought they were some kind of automaton, not an animal...

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #28 on: 21 Dec 2011, 09:32 »

I'm reminded of a thread someone made on IGS about a similar toy. I think Aphoxema wrote it?
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Yoshito Sanders

• Egger
« Reply #29 on: 21 Dec 2011, 10:18 »

According to this they've canonised Matar being 85% water (which I believe was originally an error of the random planet-skinning) and an average of 32 degrees C (which, unless being a water planet really changes the maths, isn't "especially conducive to hosting life" as we know it: Earth's average temperature is around 15 degrees C, and we're really quite concerned about a 2-degree rise).

I always assume those averages are to mean in the middle of the planet, as opposed to overall. Otherwise every temperate planet in game is too hot.

The Sebiestor homeland of Mikramurka has been turned into the continent of Mikramura (typo?).

Probably a typo.

The page doesn't seem to have a discussion page that I can edit. Does anyone know a good way to report PF "bugs"?

There should be a discussion page you can edit. I certainly see one.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11