Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Ammatars regard themselves as the true rulers of the Minmatars? Read more here.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Skyrim Hardcore RP Challenge  (Read 30768 times)

Vikarion

Re: Skyrim Hardcore RP Challenge
« Reply #90 on: 28 Nov 2014, 01:27 »

Well, fuck.

Made it to level 14 again, but didn't even get as far as last time. Was having a brawl with some Silver Hand when I suddenly went from full health to falling over and dead. Not sure why. Not going to bother with scoring this one, it's worse than my last.

TBH, this one was a little annoying, because I was managing my health while whopping on a couple enemies and had just taken a bunch of potions to help finish them off when - dead. I've noticed that the game will occasionally give me finishing moves on enemies who are half dead, so I suppose the first one got a good blow in and then the second triggered a finishing move of hitting me with a "flames" spell, which up to that point had been less than a minor annoyance. I don't think I could have done anything to avoid it - I had all the resources to stay alive, just got RNG'd.

So the second Khajitt warrior bites the dust. New character concept: Breton apprentice mage running from High Rock after his master was assassinated.
« Last Edit: 28 Nov 2014, 01:43 by Vikarion »

Vikarion

« Reply #91 on: 28 Nov 2014, 15:14 »

Breton play through, going well. Even if this character dies, think I'm going to keep going with him. Never done a pure mage before, it's fun.

Dear Journal,
I came to Skyrim to try to escape the intrigue of High Rock, and nearly died anyway. Damn Empire. Got caught up in some sort of civil war, next thing I know, I'm two seconds away from losing my head. And then a dragon shows up and everything goes to hell.

I have to say, it was good timing. I left that square like a arrow from a longbow. Ralof, one of these "stormcloaks", helped me out. One of the Imperials, Hadvar, had the nerve to try to get me to go with him. Nothing doing. Ralof got us out, took us to Riverwood, where his sister took care of everything.

It's all a bit confused now. Doesn't matter. Found a job - get a guy's golden claw back from some burial mound. Was going to do it, but first needed to do a favor for Gerdur. Least I could do for her and Ralof. So I went traipsing up to Whiterun, to give them the news, neatly omitting my role as nearly-executed prisoner. And what do they want? Same thing as Mr. Gold Finge - I mean, Claw. Go to Bleak Falls Barrow and get something.

I have to say, bandits have to be the most hilariously easy targets in Skyrim. Draugr are frightening, but easily handled as well. I got the stone, the claw, and after returning the claw, took the time to do some exploration of my new homeland. I have to say, Skyrim is beautiful. I visited Solitude, where the Empire was executing someone, and Windhelm.

I swear, I will never fight for the Empire. Not after seeing the things I have. And yet, I have reservations about Ulfric as well. Dark elves are not well regarded in Windhelm. Well, some of them aren't. On the other hand, the Nords don't seem to actively discriminate against them - one is the favorite local bard of the tavern - and scuttlebutt is that they were invited to live in Windhelm. Perhaps it's just the inevitable reaction to newcomers.

At any rate, that's not the most exciting thing. The most exciting thing is that when I returned to Whiterun, I delivered the Dragonstone right before a dragon attack. The Jarl sent me out to help fight it, and I took it down with several frost spikes right before it was about to chow down on his housecarl, Irileth. And then it burst into flames, and I felt some sort of rushing energy that seemed to envelope me. I stood straight, opened my mouth, and said "Fus!" - which promptly blew everything in front of me forward in a gale."

Well, now everyone and the Jarl is talking of me being "dragonborn". I've never heard of this, but it seems like an exciting new avenue for personal study. Also, perhaps it will keep me alive in this strange new land.

Vikarion

« Reply #92 on: 28 Nov 2014, 17:13 »

Well, crap. Went to the spine of the world, took the lessons, walked off...and then promptly died after walking over a three foot ledge.

This may have been a bug. Going to try it again.

EDIT: well, I tried it again. I didn't die there, but died on another three foot jump. Skyrim seems to have a thing about creating slo-mo events on these, even if you'd otherwise survive.

Tried again, avoiding those two ledges. Did just fine. Oh well. That's it for this challenge. I'm going to keep going with this character, regardless of infinite damage ledges, but no more posts from me in this thread for now. First score is still the best I've done.

I've been enjoying the writing, though, so I'm going to start up a thread in the non-eve fiction section for it.
« Last Edit: 29 Nov 2014, 14:19 by Vikarion »

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #93 on: 02 Dec 2014, 10:06 »

IIRC, one of the rules said you could turn off the "OMG YOU'RE DEAD" cutscenes, because they will kill you even if you take the necessary actions to not die. Because wtf.

I might bust out Skyrim again and give this a go, just need :time:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]