Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The 1st Praetorian Guard is an Amarrian Imperial Navy-affiliated Special Operations unit? Read more here

Author Topic: [IDEA] Asking about one-two man corps forming an alliance  (Read 2092 times)

Saikoyu

• Omelette

This started as something very different, namely me asking if any corps wanted a lazy, alt ridden, debt holding, can't chose a side pilot.  I then realized that the only corp that would want me is one I was in, so I am looking at another side.

Given the latest dev blog, it seems like the only thing small corps will soon be able to do is hide in high sec, while the null sec blobs and the mid-ground alliances and corps take everything else.  I know the real answer is go join a larger corp/alliance, but I like my corp, as silly as it is, and I don't think any other corp or alliance would have me.

So, as a general interest questions, are there any other one or few people corps out there who would want to band together in an alliance strictly for ease of helping defend ourselves and maybe throwing our weight around enough to get something out of this?  If there are enough people interested, I would be willing to chip in about a third of the isk needed for the alliance, and I have a character about a month away from being able to form the alliance.

Comments?  Questions?

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child

I'm pretty sure you're just beating yourself up. You could always talk with I-RED about joining. Unless you've been shooting us recently with alts, I doubt John will care as long as you fully disclose them.

Saikoyu

• Omelette

Probably, but not without cause.  If I-RED, or any other corp wants someone who only really has time for low impact stuff like PI, please let me know.  In the meantime, I'll keep this up.

And sorry if this is comming off as overly bitchy, I think I caught a bad case of bitter vet recently.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran

Oh Gods!

This is likely to have a huge impact on how LDIS does stuff.  PI was an easy way to reward people for supporting corporate projects, ie build such and such fuel and we buy it at our base at a competitive price.  It helped to reduce logistical lines and allowed even the newest member to help towards corporate goals.

Kaleigh Doyle

"Oh Gods!", in a good way or a bad way? ^^

Anyway, Sai, if you need someone to make the alliance for you, I can do that- I have a character who can make alliances. Although, having Nola and NeuroGEN as the founders might look a bit shady. :D

Also, thanks for keeping my former corp alive. Love what you did with the place. ;)

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran

Both.

I think it raises very real barriers to profitable, regular individual PI, utilizing Blockade Runners and Covert Ops ships.  It also creates opportunities.

It will mean that corporations a might form to defend & maintain continued access to planets.  Corporations can be formed with the express purpose of managing the Custom's Offices and provide profit to their alliances (and gives another reason to have more than just your alliance resident in your space).

I think it presents opportunities for groups (like Star Fraction) to inspect (quick use) the policies of an operating corporation and then destroy the infrastructure if they find the policy (100% Tax for neutrals! Not if I have anything to say about it!) to their disliking, generating conflict.

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain

Probably, but not without cause.  If I-RED, or any other corp wants someone who only really has time for low impact stuff like PI, please let me know.  In the meantime, I'll keep this up.

And sorry if this is comming off as overly bitchy, I think I caught a bad case of bitter vet recently.

Contact me in game via evemail with a limited API. I am sure you will fit in with some of our other bittervet's who do PI.. need more POS fuels (We pay wellz).

Chowda

• Egger

This seems to be a huge gift from CCP to me as I have hundreds of P4's stockpiled and enough LP on a character to get 45 bpc's.  My fear is that nul sec alliances will wind up owning most of the custom offices like they own all the good low sec moons.  It should be a lot of fun watching how it all plays out, though.

Someone posted on the forum something about giving a +/- for fees to militia corps owning custom offices in the warzone.  That would be a pretty cool idea to make occupancy matter some.

Saikoyu

• Omelette

John,

Sorry, thinking it over, I don't think I'm ready to join another alliance just yet, though I'll ask you about buying fuel anyway (see in game mail).

Kaleigh,

Having a Pro-Sansha corp create an alliance for Sai would hardly be the most shady think she has done.  She just doesn't talk about the other stuff much.  But unless you are offering to front the rest of the creation fees, I'll have to decline for now.  Maybe if I win first in the next race series.

Jalenar Frost

• Clonejack
  • Green Meany

Saikoyu, 

Contact me in game so we can have a chat.
"The difference between a warrior and an ordinary man is that a warrior sees everything as a challenge, while an ordinary man sees everything as either a blessing or a curse.
-Don Juan; A Seperate Reality

Saikoyu

• Omelette
Re: [IDEA] Asking about one-two man corps forming an alliance
« Reply #10 on: 30 Nov 2011, 14:58 »

So, due to a larger than expected payout recently funding is no longer really a problem for alliance creation.  And I believe I still have a character about a month away from being able to create an aliance.  So, I am going to go ahead with this.  Anyone who wants in, please let me know.  I will be putting up an offical thread on the EO forums shortly and willl link that here.  But the short version is that I will be willing to accept anyone who is A) not currently directly involved in slave trading or similar (Sansha mostly, and "recovering" pilots are welcome), and B) willing to donate something for the good of the alliance.  Isk is fine, but I will also accept promises to run mining ops, forum hosting, art work, well I'll probably take most anything.  Overall, I am hoping to have around five to ten corporations agree to join.  Let me know here or in-game if you have any questions. 

EDIT:

Adding eve-o link: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=40077&find=unread
« Last Edit: 30 Nov 2011, 16:02 by Saikoyu »