Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Quafe is so popular it once prevented a war? Read more in the Chron

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Gallente Loyalist Alliance?  (Read 14884 times)

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
Gallente Loyalist Alliance?
« on: 20 Sep 2011, 09:36 »

Basically, with EVE still not working I've had plenty of time to waste pondering a few questions. One such question came when I sank to the level of looking through an entire page of IGS threads.

Each of the empires seems to have a dedicated loyalist alliance dedicated to combatting priacy and/or economic prosperity, bar the Gallente

Minmatar - Electus Matari
Caldari - Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive, plus Lai Dai Infinity Systems is often on the same page
Amarr - CVA
Gallente - ???

So, am I just not looking hard enough or do the Gallente just not do this thing?

If not, then I think there could be a real opportunity for some. Particuarly as the IGS is now having Gallente-Caldari "debates" for the first time in ages.
The very model of a British Minmatarian

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
Re: Gallente Loyalist Alliance?
« Reply #1 on: 20 Sep 2011, 11:41 »

Acheron Federation was one of the latest alliances to try.

Note, TRY. Died, long ago. There have been a few others and a multitude of corps trying this, pretty much all of them died or went innactive. At this point there is Federal robotics, not sure they count, Eleutherian Guard, Mixed Methaphor, not sure they count either and... I can't recall others. Not anyone I've heard of recenty, anyhow.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 20 Sep 2011, 11:57 »

There are Gallente loyalist corps, but a lot of them are in the militia, which precludes them being in an alliance :(

Far as I know, there are fewer Gallente players than any other race, which may mean that there just aren't enough Gallente to put together a meaningful alliance. Or it may be an issue of free-thinking type people being really hard to organize because of how rarely they agree on things.

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #3 on: 20 Sep 2011, 12:29 »

Did wonder about federal robotics. So basically at this point we all think a Gallente alliance is cursed or something?

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 20 Sep 2011, 13:02 »

STRIX was "the" Gallente RP group when I started paying attention.

Or it may be an issue of free-thinking type people being really hard to organize because of how rarely they agree on things.

Mata holds the view that the logical progression of Gallente thinking about individual liberty is anarchism, and that JERIC and early STIM are actually Gallente-inspired.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #5 on: 20 Sep 2011, 14:34 »

Statistically speaking, Gallente characters are more common than any other race.

Having no cohesion actually somewhat fits the Gallente, really. As for RPers, the whole Fed RP scene is very "war"-orientated atm. It's only EL-G and Advent which are the Gallente RP corps connected to this scene, and even I'm having a hard time with things right now (hit a high of 21 members, currently 15, something EL-G has always hovered around).

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #6 on: 20 Sep 2011, 14:55 »

I would love to see a Gallente RP alliance, have been waiting for one for years. I think it would help the Caldari/Gallente RP quite a bit.

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #7 on: 20 Sep 2011, 15:07 »

Statistically speaking, Gallente characters are more common than any other race.

Having no cohesion actually somewhat fits the Gallente, really.

Does it? They have a reasonably long lasting and vibrant Federation, which has been reasonably successful at what it does. Lasting a few hundred years (I have no idea when the Federation was founded) and a number of wars implies at least some cohesion and ability to mobilise in the same direction, wouldn't you say?
Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

DA5UN

• Wetgraver
  • Even drones can fly away
« Reply #8 on: 20 Sep 2011, 15:35 »

Having no cohesion actually somewhat fits the Gallente, really. As for RPers, the whole Fed RP scene is very "war"-orientated atm. It's only EL-G and Advent which are the Gallente RP corps connected to this scene, and even I'm having a hard time with things right now (hit a high of 21 members, currently 15, something EL-G has always hovered around).

And even then Advent isn't really "Gallente."

Sure it's run by one, operates in Federation space when not in the wormhole, and I believe half our members are Gallente-descent, but due to the nature of wormhole space it makes more sense for Advent as a whole to just leave the politics behind.

Bastian Valoron

• Egger
« Reply #9 on: 20 Sep 2011, 16:14 »

At least two Gallente RP alliance formation attempts have collapsed this year, one on 21 June, the second one on 18 September.  As far as I can tell, no drama was involved, some of the key people were just called back to real life before anything got done.

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #10 on: 20 Sep 2011, 16:31 »

Ken and I and Bastian's player had been working on a few things, but haven't been able to get anything concrete off the ground.  :(

Arkady Sadik

• Egger
« Reply #11 on: 20 Sep 2011, 17:06 »

Quick check of http://cdn1.eveonline.com/community/QEN/QEN_Q3-2010.pdf (p. 9) says that Gallente characters are equally common to Minmatar characters (20.5%), which is more common than Amarr (18.4%), but much less common than Caldari (35.8%).

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #12 on: 20 Sep 2011, 22:15 »

Caldari - Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive, plus Lai Dai Infinity Systems is often on the same page

If not, then I think there could be a real opportunity for some. Particuarly as the IGS is now having Gallente-Caldari "debates" for the first time in ages.
To the first part - I hope we, LDIS, are not generally on the same page as I-RED.  There should be only a few major issues where I-RED and LDIS & friends (I suppose we have some friends) are on the same page.  Otherwise we probably have positions that are largely independent and sometimes contrary to the others.

One of the issues is that for I-RED's and LDIS's (and 4TH's) senior leadership is that most debates on IGS are repeats for us.  We all have in-space goals that largely do not align and we have learned lessons about advertising/telegraphing our actions (especially on IGS).

As for the topic at hand - what benefits is an alliance to a group of Gallente corporations?  any group of corporations?

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #13 on: 21 Sep 2011, 04:10 »

As for the topic at hand - what benefits is an alliance to a group of Gallente corporations?  any group of corporations?

In general? Critical mass, shared infrastructure and overheads (diplomacy and such), easier war-decs...

Alignment towards shared goals and mutual assistance in achieving them, while retaining individual corporate character and identity.

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #14 on: 21 Sep 2011, 07:19 »

To the first part - I hope we, LDIS, are not generally on the same page as I-RED.  There should be only a few major issues where I-RED and LDIS & friends (I suppose we have some friends) are on the same page.  Otherwise we probably have positions that are largely independent and sometimes contrary to the others.

No no, I didnt mean it like that, but if I ask anyone to name some caldari loyalists, you would be mentioned alongside I-RED
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7