Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Naqam (A Sansha aligned capsuleer corporation) manufactured the Naqam Heavy Bioindustries Ultra Happy Chip™? It was player created - see advertisements on the Eve Wiki!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Amarrian governemental structure  (Read 7024 times)

Lyn Farel

Amarrian governemental structure
« on: 22 Aug 2011, 06:14 »

I stumbled upon this :

Emperor
Privy Council

Well, thats f** awesome.

And this also means that as I though, the Amarr governement is not owned by a single man. It has its own congress and assemblies, even if it is not a democracy.

Malcolm Khross

Re: Amarrian governemental structure
« Reply #1 on: 22 Aug 2011, 06:35 »

From my understanding, which is admittedly limited:

The Amarr view the Emperor/Empress as the physical manifestation of deity, essentially their word as if it were God's. However, there is a system of checks to ensure that such respect and honor isn't abused.

While the Emperor/Empress has the final say in most matters governmental, the heirs each hold ownership over a section of the Empire, like governors. For example, the Tash-Murkon region is ruled over by the Tash-Murkon heir family. Whatever the lord of the heir family decrees is law in that region unless overruled by the Emperor/Empress.

Each lord of the heir families sits on the Privy Council and the Privy Council, together with the Emperor/Empress rule over the entire Empire.

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #2 on: 22 Aug 2011, 08:00 »

From what I understand, theres supposed to be a massive civil service to compensate for a top-heavy leadership. While it does implement the Empress' policies, it's supposed to be inherently conservative.
The very model of a British Minmatarian

Ilsenae Alexandros

• Adjutant of the Wiyrkomi Honor Guard
  • Clonejack
  • Tea Maker
    • Eskeitanen Wiyrkomi Kaashivon
« Reply #3 on: 22 Aug 2011, 15:09 »

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #4 on: 22 Aug 2011, 17:29 »

They're both fantastic, really. Detailed government description omnomnom...wonder if they'll bless us with something for the other factions.

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #5 on: 23 Aug 2011, 05:31 »

While the Privy Council article is CCP stamped, the imperial bureaucracy structured in the Emperor page appears to be entirely constructed by Publius Valerius. While it probably has a foundation in corp stats (such as who's owning who), there is to my knowledge no official fiction indicating that the Chancellor appoints Ministers or that the Court Chamberlain names the heads of the Trade Registry or Civil Service.

It does make a fair amount of sense though.

From what I understand, theres supposed to be a massive civil service to compensate for a top-heavy leadership. While it does implement the Empress' policies, it's supposed to be inherently conservative.
Sounds a lot like the Emperor Family.
« Last Edit: 23 Aug 2011, 05:33 by Horatius Caul »

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #6 on: 23 Aug 2011, 09:43 »

Annoyed that Moritok, who died a year ago, is still running the Theology Council.  :psyccp:

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #7 on: 23 Aug 2011, 09:49 »

Annoyed that Moritok, who died a year ago, is still running the Theology Council.  :psyccp:

Eh, doens't seem like death is a real big setback for Amarrian leadership <.<   >.>

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
« Reply #8 on: 24 Aug 2011, 09:55 »

Eh, doens't seem like death is a real big setback for Amarrian leadership <.<   >.>

:bash:

Malcolm Khross

« Reply #9 on: 24 Aug 2011, 10:05 »

Hahaha.

It never fails to amuse me, the level of hypocrisy present in all four of the major empires in EVE.

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #10 on: 24 Aug 2011, 15:41 »

Quiet you!! :)
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #11 on: 26 Aug 2011, 12:44 »

Publius does somewhat good work (it seems he's toned down a lot his "Amarr = Romans" obsession or it has been edited out), but yes, unless an article has this image (example), it should be considered as fan fiction. Of course, to a certain degree, fan fiction is also part of the universe, but its reliability needs to be considered before being taken as law.

Kemekk

• Amarrian Ultranationalist
  • Wetgraver
  • Dei ta Reshios
« Reply #12 on: 26 Aug 2011, 22:29 »

Publius does somewhat good work (it seems he's toned down a lot his "Amarr = Romans" obsession or it has been edited out), but yes, unless an article has this image (example), it should be considered as fan fiction. Of course, to a certain degree, fan fiction is also part of the universe, but its reliability needs to be considered before being taken as law.

I believe you can read the information in the links on the original post ingame, under the Amarr Empire sub-factions.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: 28 Aug 2011, 00:08 »

The picture of the Empire as a monolithic, black-in-black leviathan in which everything is owned and controlled by one person that is in power without any checks and balances and that absorbs, equalizes and assimilates everyone like the borg is the result of Minmatar propaganda, really.

<.<

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #14 on: 06 Sep 2011, 05:52 »

I believe you can read the information in the links on the original post ingame, under the Amarr Empire sub-factions.
I'd need a bit more time than I have now for a better response, but the Privy Council article is official. The Emperor article is good for the parts which cite sources, but the rest doesn't, in my opinion, simply make any sense at all. Personally, I would divide the "central government" of the Amarr Empire into several parts.

(1) The Emperor in person/Court Chamberlain - she has power because she is the Empress etc. etc. (the Court Chamberlain is powerful because he is an extension of the Emperor)
(2) The Imperial Household/Emperor Family - governing the lands directly held by the Emperor (the Chamberlain may have a role here, as well, but I'd expect that for the Empire in general, the main function is that people here have ready access to the Empress and can affect her opinions). May also include imperial troops (household forces), even if the bulk of soldiers are actually provided by other Holders.
(3) The Imperial bureaucracy/Chancellor, ministries and services - keeping the imperial machine running. A whole lot of it runs even without an Emperor, but loyal parts can be used to channel quite a deal of power. Unlike the Chamberlain, whose power comes directly from the Emperor, the Chancellor's power comes from being in charge of running things. Militarily, this means both resource-allocating in the Ministry of War and policing via Ministry of Internal Order.
(4) The Emperor as the First Apostle/High Priest - possibly the most pervasive part of the Imperial apparatus, completely ignored in the article. As we know of the Cult of Tetrimon, the Theology Council was at first the Emperor's clergy. If the Big T is controlled by forces loyal to the Empress, then no matter if a fief is held by a Holder of questionable loyalty, the Emperor is there via her priests.
(5) The Imperial military. The Amarr Navy is an Imperial Navy, directly loyal to the Empress. Of course, different factions have their men and women in the Navy, too, so complete loyalty isn't guaranteed (especially if the Emperor lets her guard down). The Sarum are strong here, and the Amarr Navy article directly suggests that many people fear that the Empress will emphasize the role of the Navy (which may be the most loyal part of the Imperial machine at the moment).
(6) The feudal system of imperial Holders, the Heirs and their Holders. Which might, at least on paper, own the most of the things in the Empire, even if said things are practically controlled jointly by the Holders' staff and the imperial bureaucracy which, in turn, is itself influenced by several feudal factions - and the further you get from the Emperor, the more powerful the feudal component becomes, so Amarr might be 99% run by the Imperial bureaucracy, whereas in the middle of nowhere the show is run by the Holders, unless there are direct imperial/Emperor Family holdings.

The 24th Imperial Crusade, as it is ingame, is completely a CONCORD artifact and is a part of the Empire only symbolically. (Actual 24th would likely - in the case of an all-out war - have huge effect on the society that cannot be coined into a corp.)
« Last Edit: 06 Sep 2011, 05:56 by Mithfindel »
Pages: [1] 2 3