Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the war between Electus Matari and PIE Inc started when -EM- pilots destroyed a slaver vessel in The Bleak Lands?

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Amarrian governemental structure  (Read 7023 times)

Publius Valerius

Re: Amarrian governemental structure
« Reply #30 on: 17 Dec 2011, 07:28 »

About Category 1: Change "personal Kammergut" to "Gutshof (Estate)" and change Prussia to Habsburger (Austria a.k.a. House of Austria) and we have 100% the same opinion. Just a small but I would see it in smaller numbers... like private estate, private palace, private slaves etc.... so more closer to the person, but just my person opinion, I havent any link to this, so the 100 stands :lol:.
My point was that without the Emperor Family rules, an Heir could go from - for example - owning all of the Kador Region to owning all of the Kador Region, Domain, Genesis, and all other "crown land."

But yes, I agree with you... maybe we ought to let go of these German terms before we make things even more complicated.

Ah okay.... so let me explain what I have though first^^...
Quote:"Die Burg Hohenzollern ist nach wie vor Privateigentum. Sie gehört zu zwei Dritteln der brandenburgisch-preußischen Linie des Hauses Hohenzollern, zu einem Drittel der schwäbisch-katholischen Linie."[1]
In english:"Hohenzollern castle is still privately owned. Two thirds of the castle belongs to the Brandenburg-Prussian line of the Hohenzollern, while one third is owned by the Swabian line of the family."[2]
I was think about something like this one the first Category;Gutsbesitz/Gutshof

Now I get your point... you meant that the Habsburg family (Hohenzollern wasnt HRE Emperors, thats why I have made the first change, stupid me :P, but I think now I get it), be more precisely that a Habsburger HRE Emperor could rule of the Empire and over his "old" family territory. Ehm yes, but this doesnt change any property-rights (thats with a point why I use them in earlyier post, as one of the define elements). So now to come back, I know Im the horrror, see the the duality between ruling the HRE and the Family territory as an split, which is more like a peronal union. So mostly in the HRE the emperos "domain" - any kind of this points of the old list - would be stay as it is and just bequeath from emperor to emperor (like in the Amarr Empire). The other part the Family territory also form the head of the family to the head of the family. And their wasnt any transfer between the both, because like I said the HRE was a contract moster, so if one emperor would do this all other royal houses would be go to court.

About the old post and prussia and Staatsdomäne.. ehm maybe I have left a point out what had led to the confusion.... the Hohenzollern/Prussian Family werent emperors to any time of the HRE... what I meant with HRE Contracts is something like in the old Württemberg, in the 16th century, which had try to get rid of the Ständeversammlung (sadly their isnt any good english version). But this meant that one of the hundred contracts was broken, so the Stände are going the the HRE Court, and the Court/Reichskammergericht said: "they, the Stände, are right"... that leds to the invasion of the Emperor the Habsburger, with a casus belli to restore to old order.
I know Im the horror. :lol: As for Prussia it could destroy the old Ständeversammlung in his territory which were outside of the HRE, like ostpreußen. What it actually did (Dauerlandtag 1661-63). Now I come to my point and what a Staatsdomäne, könglische Domäne ist.^^
So prussia for example as also territory inside in the HRE, but they arent under the domain (I know domain the 100:P I mean something like "not under the rule of contracts of the HRE" in english domain show up the translater, as I typing domain "Wirkungsraum" show up:(, any way), I know this words domain is the horror, so ) of the HRE like Oder-bruch and small one which led later to something like this etc...

So now... ehm maybe the english term Crownland and how it was used in the britsh monarchie (not the austrian Cisleithania which is a differnet thing) would be most likly describe what you meant, so you 100% right if in reality or in the Amarr Empire would the both territorys fall together... I would say the term crown land would be the right one.

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #31 on: 17 Dec 2011, 17:31 »

I think your "personal union" take on it is a more accurate descriptor. Doesn't change the fact it's still probably perceived as a problem to have an Emperor who simultaneously rules the Empire and one of the Houses - hence the rules forcing the Emperor to abandon his family once crowned.

The equivalent - with reservations for possibly making even more stupid parallels - would be if a Habsburger elected Emperor had to abdicate from the throne of Austria-Hungary and move his household to a dedicated Imperial territory in order to govern the Empire, simply as a historical measure to curb the personal power of the Emperor. But then again, the Amarr Emperor is also the equivalent of a pope, and in that sense a real parallel can be drawn to the historical Papal state.

Publius Valerius

« Reply #32 on: 18 Dec 2011, 10:22 »

I think your "personal union" take on it is a more accurate descriptor. Doesn't change the fact it's still probably perceived as a problem to have an Emperor who simultaneously rules the Empire and one of the Houses - hence the rules forcing the Emperor to abandon his family once crowned.

Sure... I think too... Most likely this is the reason why CCP choose this why.. (and you have less rework by a emperor/empress change). About the Category 1, why I have this wall of text. :P I think the best would be we leave Category 1 just ouside of our considerations.

The equivalent - with reservations for possibly making even more stupid parallels - would be if a Habsburger elected Emperor had to abdicate from the throne of Austria-Hungary and move his household to a dedicated Imperial territory in order to govern the Empire, simply as a historical measure to curb the personal power of the Emperor.

^^ I really like the first idea, sad that in Europa Universalis III wasnt any option for that... but I think you right... and I think it isnt a "stupid parallel". I think.. the HRE and Amarr Empire have lot of "hard" institutions in commen, with one different what you have show, the abdicate of the Housepower/Hausmacht/"previous Family".

But then again, the Amarr Emperor is also the equivalent of a pope, and in that sense a real parallel can be drawn to the historical Papal state.
Ehm would go for the pope in east, in Konstantinopel, the pope in the west had from time to time emperor like power, but I think the second rome would fit btter than the actual rome. Or even more east, like china, if you count confucianism as religion. So many ways :) I havent found what fits 100%, I think, we can just go and say.. "okay this element is like this and that is like this" etc....

_____
P.S. I hope Yarr will update the Heir page.
« Last Edit: 18 Dec 2011, 10:24 by Publius Valerius »

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #33 on: 27 Dec 2011, 11:59 »

The picture of the Empire as a monolithic, black-in-black leviathan in which everything is owned and controlled by one person that is in power without any checks and balances and that absorbs, equalizes and assimilates everyone like the borg is the result of Minmatar propaganda, really.

<.<

Oh my God... where should I start... it is just the emperor/empress body... I havent add the regions/provinces... because it is NOT a chart for whole Empire.... like the Privy Council page... dont get me wrong everybody can have his opinion... but next time... read the article... and the links etc.... and than come up with something good... or I will hunt you down with Popper :P

Well, maybe you could consider that my comment makes more sense if it's read as supporting your work? Not everyone is out against you, really. Relax.

Though it was really mainly meant in regard to the article about the Privy Council and how it shows that the Empire isn't simply an evil dictatorship.

Oh my God.... Here in this case I dont see any harsh word from me.... So I dont see were this "relex, relex" attitude comes from.... Maybe If you read the whole topic It maybe helps... [...]

If I read something like "monolithic, black-in-black leviathan in which everything is owned and controlled by one person that is in power without any checks and balances" and I have reshape the text about the the checks-and-balances  to "but the archaic and bureaucratic system of government makes it difficult for him to exert his rule unless directly in person" because of this: see, than I start to ask myself. So dont see it as an insult, see it more as a firendly call to be more precise. So that it helps me... thats why I have wirte Popper down... to help you to help me, that the page gets better.
[...]

So Nicole

I've bolded some parts for you of my post. maybe you reread it and think about how my post exactly isn't one promoting any changes to what you've written in your evelopedia article?

I don't have a problem with you being rude or insulting me, I don't think you do it. My problem is that you're misunderstanding and misrepresenting what I've written. There is no criticism of your article in my post whatsoever. As I said, it wasn't even really meant to relate to your article at all: It was (and is) really mainly meant in regard to the article about the Privy Council and how it shows that the Empire isn't simply an evil dictatorship. It's also a reaffirmation in response to the OP's conclusion that "And this also means that as I thought, the Amarr governement is not owned by a single man. It has its own congress and assemblies, even if it is not a democracy."

So where does this relax attitude come from? From your determination to take what I've said as directed towards you, while it totally isn't and as by now I also made it explicit that it isn't and wasn't directed at you or your article, I sincerely hope that you can relax enough to see that it really isn't.

Publius Valerius

« Reply #34 on: 27 Dec 2011, 16:10 »

The picture of the Empire as a monolithic, black-in-black leviathan in which everything is owned and controlled by one person that is in power without any checks and balances and that absorbs, equalizes and assimilates everyone like the borg is the result of Minmatar propaganda, really.

<.<

Oh my God... where should I start... it is just the emperor/empress body... I havent add the regions/provinces... because it is NOT a chart for whole Empire.... like the Privy Council page... dont get me wrong everybody can have his opinion... but next time... read the article... and the links etc.... and than come up with something good... or I will hunt you down with Popper :P

Well, maybe you could consider that my comment makes more sense if it's read as supporting your work? Not everyone is out against you, really. Relax.

Though it was really mainly meant in regard to the article about the Privy Council and how it shows that the Empire isn't simply an evil dictatorship.

Oh my God.... Here in this case I dont see any harsh word from me.... So I dont see were this "relex, relex" attitude comes from.... Maybe If you read the whole topic It maybe helps... [...]

If I read something like "monolithic, black-in-black leviathan in which everything is owned and controlled by one person that is in power without any checks and balances" and I have reshape the text about the the checks-and-balances  to "but the archaic and bureaucratic system of government makes it difficult for him to exert his rule unless directly in person" because of this: see, than I start to ask myself. So dont see it as an insult, see it more as a firendly call to be more precise. So that it helps me... thats why I have wirte Popper down... to help you to help me, that the page gets better.
[...]

So Nicole

I've bolded some parts for you of my post. maybe you reread it and think about how my post exactly isn't one promoting any changes to what you've written in your evelopedia article?

I don't have a problem with you being rude or insulting me, I don't think you do it. My problem is that you're misunderstanding and misrepresenting what I've written. There is no criticism of your article in my post whatsoever. As I said, it wasn't even really meant to relate to your article at all: It was (and is) really mainly meant in regard to the article about the Privy Council and how it shows that the Empire isn't simply an evil dictatorship. It's also a reaffirmation in response to the OP's conclusion that "And this also means that as I thought, the Amarr governement is not owned by a single man. It has its own congress and assemblies, even if it is not a democracy."

So where does this relax attitude come from? From your determination to take what I've said as directed towards you, while it totally isn't and as by now I also made it explicit that it isn't and wasn't directed at you or your article, I sincerely hope that you can relax enough to see that it really isn't.

I sorry... You are right.... I have missread the first post.... sorry about that.....
About "you can relax enough"... I was maybe for a neutral viewer to much in Battleship mode  :P.

Pages: 1 2 [3]