Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Imperial Human Resources is a well-known Amarrian slave company.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dust 514 gameplay  (Read 6432 times)

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
Re: Dust 514 gameplay
« Reply #15 on: 22 Aug 2011, 11:51 »

I think that on the vehicle department it should stick to very basic stuff, but most important "hovering" vehicles should be dominant. Tanks and other armored stuff could be used as artillery support and forward bases.

If anything, CCP needs to pay a visit to Planetside, combined with Battlefield 2142 and Mass effect for a truly interesting mix of "sci-fi" soldier weaponry and vehicle catalog. Besides, all the technology we know its proven and effective in space, most of the time is render useless in atmospheric conditions.

What i do really expect though is that CCP goes wild with the enviroments that serve as backdrop, temperate planets are the juicy targets not only for the ease of logistics and potential rewards, but barren/lava/plasma/storm planets should serve as exotic locations to impose tactical restrictions on the weaponry/vehicule available to use.

IE: in a plasma planet it would be impossible to have large scale radar sweeps, therefore enemy positions need to be confirmed visually, while storm planets allow only to fight within land-based vehicles and exo-esqueleton suits.

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #16 on: 23 Aug 2011, 14:10 »

That pistol makes me go to my happy place. I want a replica!

Creedance Talor

• Clonejack
« Reply #17 on: 25 Aug 2011, 03:57 »

Ok yes that tank looks Caldari. Problem with deploying those is that you will see them spamed all over the place I could image it being possible if you make them limited amount and the team needs to decide to drop them.
No tank can drive over them due to them getting caught in threads or dirt effectivly lifting a tank up.

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #18 on: 25 Aug 2011, 15:32 »

I think that on the vehicle department it should stick to very basic stuff, but most important "hovering" vehicles should be dominant. Tanks and other armored stuff could be used as artillery support and forward bases.

Do we have any evidence of hovering vehicles being planned? They'd definitely fit the world, but they'd significantly change things about the importance of terrain and various types of defences. They might have interesting issues about stability as weapon platforms and about the ways they go wrong/can be attacked.

What i do really expect though is that CCP goes wild with the enviroments that serve as backdrop, temperate planets are the juicy targets not only for the ease of logistics and potential rewards, but barren/lava/plasma/storm planets should serve as exotic locations to impose tactical restrictions on the weaponry/vehicule available to use.

IE: in a plasma planet it would be impossible to have large scale radar sweeps, therefore enemy positions need to be confirmed visually, while storm planets allow only to fight within land-based vehicles and exo-esqueleton suits.

I think we have quite different ideas about the land-on-able-ness of plasma planets, and probably of storm planets, too. :)

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #19 on: 25 Aug 2011, 21:04 »

Do we have any evidence of hovering vehicles being planned? They'd definitely fit the world, but they'd significantly change things about the importance of terrain and various types of defences. They might have interesting issues about stability as weapon platforms and about the ways they go wrong/can be attacked.

I think we have quite different ideas about CCP's interest in creating a sister game that makes sense in Eve's universe vs their interest in making an off brand Halo with a gimmick.

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #20 on: 25 Aug 2011, 22:53 »

I think we have quite different ideas about CCP's interest in creating a sister game that makes sense in Eve's universe vs their interest in making an off brand Halo with a gimmick.

Alas, there is that.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #21 on: 26 Aug 2011, 08:15 »

Alas, there is that.

indeed, they will do as always, and in CCP style they will create a HALO gimmick...
Pages: 1 [2]