Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Evanda Char's voluval mark is the "Track of the Wolf"?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Fast, fabulous, and fun lvl 4 ship  (Read 16756 times)

Streya

• Egger
Re: Fast, fabulous, and fun lvl 4 ship
« Reply #45 on: 27 Sep 2012, 22:02 »

When I was playing on Rek I ran a lot of L4s for Sebiestor Tribe with a 1400mm Tornado. With 90km or so optimal+falloff with the "high damage" ammo types, very few rats will be able to touch you. And the alpha is just incredible, though I fired mine in four groups of two guns in order to counter repping rats and to land critical hits more often. The Tachyon Oracle and 425mm Rail Naga are also decent for the same purpose, though with the former you definitely must degroup the guns as described above and stagger fire in order to keep yourself from capping out while running that MWD.

Cmdr Baxter

• "The Old Man"
  • Egger
    • The Synenose Accord
« Reply #46 on: 01 Oct 2012, 16:42 »

I prefer the Nighthawk for L4s. Even with 3x BCU IIs in the low slots I can still run a twin-booster setup and still have something like 7 minutes cap endurance. With perfect shield skills it's a brick. I've probably had to bail from missions less than 5 times in the last month and I tend to grind missions pretty hard.

Downside? Gets old after a while. If the worst I have to do is watch cap endurance, and make sure my drones aren't getting popped, the interest fades rather quickly. Using T1 HMs is probably contributing to this as well. It's really a "target-and-fire; rinse-and-repeat" setup, but I've always been a sucker for the Ferox hull which is why I keep using it.

Streya

• Egger
« Reply #47 on: 06 Oct 2012, 23:25 »

Man, how are you going to handle the impending HML nerf, Baxter? Do you think you'll have to switch ships for that? It seems like it's really going to shake up the mission-runner community a bit.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]