Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that "Operation Trinity Vanguard" was the code name for the defense of the Incursions in Anyed, Antem and Imya. The Anti-Incursion fleets contisted over 800 pilots from CVA, KotMC, Moira., Star Fraction, FCORD, SYNE Coalition and countless other corps and alliances.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Inspiracy Steam Group (connecting for gaming outside of EVE)  (Read 12850 times)

Myrhial Arkenath

• Omelette
  • One does not simply walk into Curse.
    • Diary of a Pod Pilot

Also available to those who would like them, I am sitting on 25, 33, and 50% off coupons for Valve titles, a 33% off coupon for Skyrim, and a copy of Two Worlds 2.

Don't suppose you'd want to trade in that 50% Valve for my 33% Valve? Or one of my other vouchers? :)

CEO of Ghost Festival :: Executor of Naraka.
Diary of a Pod Pilot

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire

Also available to those who would like them, I am sitting on 25, 33, and 50% off coupons for Valve titles, a 33% off coupon for Skyrim, and a copy of Two Worlds 2.

I'll take the Two Words 2 if no one else wants it? :)

Steam name is Kalaratiri by the way

You got it.  Just accept friend request and I'll send it along!

Accepted :)

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.

Just wanted to quickly mention two games on Steam right now:

Evochron and SOL:Exodus. The first one I haven't spent enough time with to really give much of a review yet but it's got serious potential from what I can see. Fantastic effort by one(!) man. SOL:Exodus is what I really wanted to speak of.

It's crap. Seriously, it's horrible crap. STAY AWAY! It's a poor arcade shooter with the depth of toilet paper, the substance/content/texture of used toilet paper and is frankly not worth the price of a single roll of toilet paper. I think I need to go have a poop after this, but I trust the gist of it got through. The game is shit.

This game when compared to Freespace 2, Freelancer, X3, Tachyon: The Fringe or any of the good old games is pretty much what that crap Mech game for Xbox was to the Mechwarrior series on PC. An arcadey insult rather than even a tribute.

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette

One of those free games was Portal, the game is realy short and easy in compare to Portal 2  :cube:

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain

Just wanted to quickly mention two games on Steam right now:

Evochron and SOL:Exodus. The first one I haven't spent enough time with to really give much of a review yet but it's got serious potential from what I can see. Fantastic effort by one(!) man.

Evochron looks awesome, description reminds me a great deal of eve - except with a cockpit! Curious to hear more of your thoughts on the game before I drop money on it.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...

Evochron has a demo, you can try it out.

Seriphyn has it I believe. Ask him if it's any good.

(I did not like it, but that's just me)

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.

So far on Evochron:

I don't have too much playtime in that game, but it is a major contender in the genre, I think. It's got a steep learning curve without Eve's forgiving "Even if you don't get X or Y by the end of the tutorial, you can still do Z while learning the other two" tendencies. In Evochron you have to pay attention during the first tutorials and pray you don't miss anything. The game is complex and challenging. The game it's closest to in the genre would probably be the X3 series. Fight, trade, mine, whatever. The differences are there, of course, but for comparison purposes it's close enough.

I'm enjoying the vastness of the game along with the fact that it doesn't hold your hand much.

It's really hard to try to review it without getting another twenty hours of playtime in it first. I guess I just have to mention the cons so far: The graphics are... not AAA. I don't mind it and don't really notice it to be honest, but for some it matters so it needs to be mentioned. It's not too intuitive and it's easy to fuck things up until you learn it. Once you start playing, though... I think you'll like it, especially if X3 appealed to you.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain

Not good at these online community things but I signed up as "Jowen" (name change may be pending).

I am primarily playing Total War: Shogun 2 at the moment which is the best strategy game I have seen in a long time. Completed a short campaign on Legendary difficulty yesterday.

Now trying the older Total War games (yes, I have never played the series before) but they appear to be missing something compared to Shogun 2.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist

Not good at these online community things but I signed up as "Jowen" (name change may be pending).

I am primarily playing Total War: Shogun 2 at the moment which is the best strategy game I have seen in a long time. Completed a short campaign on Legendary difficulty yesterday.

Now trying the older Total War games (yes, I have never played the series before) but they appear to be missing something compared to Shogun 2.

You have just done your a huge dis-service; the Total War series evolves over time getting better and better with better graphics, game-mechanics and utility. AI keeps improving as well. Compared to Shogun 2 ALL other Total war games lack *something*, it only differs to what the something is. An example; Total War - Medieval 2 - horrible Nation AI, no naval battles, specific other small things that are bland etc. For instance, the Nation AI can't hold to an alliance, or deal or whatever to save their lives - an alliance of decades can be broken whenever he randomly feel like sending one boat to blockade one empty port for one turn, etc. Rome Total war suffered from similar issues and very annoying 'clone army' like graphics.

All of them have the basic Total war feel over them - they all work mostly the same way - so they are good games. But, what made each new installment better and more epic for those who started with Shogun 1 and moved up, has the inverted effect for you.

I'm never going to touch the old Total war games again, simply because I won't have to. I'll be waiting for Rome 2, Medieval 3 etc.

Having said all that, I'm very sad that my PC is not good enough to prevent Shogun 2 from crashing at random times due to lacking hardware. I will have to wait to fully enjoy the game until I get a new PC, and that might be quite some time in the future.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain

Napoleon: Total War is not all bad and has nearly all the elements of Shogun 2. Except just about all the units are a musketeer of some kind and generally follow the rule of higher cost -> better unit. Of course, rifles were the killing weapon of choice at that time but it does simplify gameplay rather a lot.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran

The other Total War games suffer from a very broken AI.

Much of this has been fixed over time by a very robust mod community, Medieval 2 especially. (ask if you're interested and I can hit you with infodumps).

Empire/Napoleon is broken beyond repair IMO.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist

In all honesty I'm not even sure WHAT is wrong with Empire/Napoleon as I've never (and will NEVER) play the latter and the former I got and played for a grand total of 4 hours, a few months back when it was dirt cheat. I've always hated that type of warfare they used in those times; 'civilized' warfare requiring people to LINE UP IN FRONT of the enemy to be SHOT IN DROVES. Fucking moronic, never could stand that. I was dumb enough to get the game and give it an honest try... not happening again.

Grealyn, if there is a mod that improves the AI for Medieval 2 to the point where it's actually playable, I might consider playing it and beating a campaign, I never actually did that...

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran

Stainless Steel

Make sure your M2TW is patched to current, Install SS 6.3 (comes with an installer, this is professionally done), then 6.4, and you're done.
This one actually has multiple well-built AIs, and let's you choose which ones you want to play with.

Damn, now I want to go play it too....
« Last Edit: 30 Jan 2012, 15:32 by Graelyn »

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain

I am really enjoying that Legendary difficulty setting for Shogun 2. No ability to save game at will should be attractive to any EVE player. I  also tend to play with the "realistic" battlefield setting even when playing on lower difficulty levels.

The AI is certainly not stupid. In my first Legendary game he laid siege to one of my castles with an army having a slight overweight of cavalry  and simply waited for me to starve out instead of engaging my archers at an disadvantage. The "Realm Divided" feature is also kick ass and certainly makes for some interesting end game play on short campaigns.

I think next challenge must be a Legendary medium campaign or Very Hard difficulty with as many drop-in battles as possible.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran

Mods for Shogun2 are awesome as well.

Great game, and much more quality package from the makers this time around, but they still screwed things up, for instance ODA is always eliminated in turn 2.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8