Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That  following several months of dedicated research, the Synenose Accord held a public and widely attended conference in the shattered Seyllin system, site of the tragic Seyllin Main-Sequence event? See more here

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [xAEx] Adamant Edge - An experiment in action.  (Read 3522 times)

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
[xAEx] Adamant Edge - An experiment in action.
« on: 27 Jun 2011, 13:25 »

We're trying something new, mixed with something old. We call it Adamant Edge.

First, some of our intentions and beliefs - these are simply our opinions:

0.0 isn't fun right now. It's Supercapital Online out there. It's boring as hell, and the expense creates a lack of aggression in the face of any real odds. Towers and Sov aren't much fun either. To hell with it.

FW isn't fun right now. Plexing is focused on a 2 hour spurt aftr DT, and actual big-fleet combat has no goals to fight for, and no RP narrative to tell. Massive infiltration and constant backstabbing both by same-side and cross-faction groups isn't much fun either. To hell with it.

RP factions are very isolated right now. A player who sides with one side is never trusted by another, even on different characters, because separation of OOC/IC can never be counted upon. The first pool you choose as a newbie is the pool of friends you will be stuck with, unless you put in a lot of work. There are many people I have known for years in EVE I have never been able to work alongside for this reason.

The Amarr as a faction are boring as shit right now. This isn’t entirely the fault of those parties.  Suffice to say, many parts of the Amarr Bloc can’t find great new pilots anymore, because over time, all of the Amarr groups become seen as stuffy old-timer’s clubs. This is not a fact at all! But it is a common perception among new players.

Enough of that. What are we planning to do about it?

Adamant Edge is a concept that emphasizes Sub-capital Combat.  It emphasizes being on the attack, being unafraid of sacrificing an entire fleet in the name of a good fight, and being unconcerned about infiltration and spies.

[xAEx] is a project that invites alts, RPers of all paths, pirates and scum alike to take part.
We will choose a target, and mobilize to a general region, but members will not be given actionable information on who we’re after until the fleet is minutes away from engagement. Without centralized assets, or actionable intel to steal, we can freely invite players who we normally think of as enemies to come play EVE with us!

We always seek to be on the attack. When our short raids (1-2 week wardecs at most, even if we’re winning) are complete, we scatter to the winds. If an enemy wants to hunt us down, they are in for a very un-fun process.
In return, we offer our enemies this: We fly cheap, we fly recklessly. We won’t sit and camp you down. Fight us in whatever you have handy. Unless you’re 6-to-1’ing us, we’ll fight it.
We don’t care if we lose!
We don’t keep a killboard!
We came to shoot at each other!
We may shoot at neutrals if they happen across our path in the commission of our crazy (holy) duties! Amarr needs a Black Hat group, so that the Noble White Hats can continue to be who they are.

Why are we doing this?

One, for fun. We want fights, and to hopefully cut out much of what makes things boring in EVE.
Two, to give a respectable and hopefully inspiring example to represent Amarr, and the RP community in general, and to lead to a resurgence in new player attention to our various blocs in the post-Incarna age.

Will it work? Who knows? This could fail terribly.
But we’re going to make it a fun trip.

We train newbies, consort with pirates,  and accept alts, even of known opponents.
Amarr groups, both ‘loyalist’ and private industrials with a problem on their hands, can request [xAEx] assistance in their areas, but with a warning: there will be injured bystanders.

ADAMANT EDGE – If you can pilot something with a gun on it, we will hurl you into the maw of the Empire’s enemies.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Lyn Farel

Re: [xAEx] Adamant Edge - An experiment in action.
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jun 2011, 13:34 »

I like your reasoning. Though I have difficulties to see how it will be different from the actual gameplay (FW, nullsec, etc), as all the groups you might want to help are well... stuck in these areas, so you might eventually end here too.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 27 Jun 2011, 13:57 »

I managed to fit a civilian laser on my pod, does that qualify?

On a more serious note, I like concept a great deal. Looks like a lot of fun.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #3 on: 27 Jun 2011, 14:05 »

You guys take Gallente mercenary types? >.>

Crucifire

« Reply #4 on: 27 Jun 2011, 14:33 »

I endorse this product.

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
« Reply #5 on: 27 Jun 2011, 14:43 »

I like your reasoning. Though I have difficulties to see how it will be different from the actual gameplay (FW, nullsec, etc), as all the groups you might want to help are well... stuck in these areas, so you might eventually end here too.

Those groups are stuck there, we are not. We will no doubt end up on every corner of Amarr and Caldari space killing anything that deserves to die. My God, that is going to be a long list.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #6 on: 27 Jun 2011, 14:50 »

Yes but in the end, you do not want to pvp in nullsec for the reasons you mentionned above, and same thing for FW. Does that mean you will be fighting in empire wars or classic low sec ? Besides that, if you help loyalist groups that are in FW or nullsec, you will end up pvping in the areas you do not want to pvp in.

I am sorry if I am not understanding well, might have missed something. :s

Good luck in your endeavors though, this looks very interesting.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #7 on: 27 Jun 2011, 14:56 »

I think the clarification is the difference between participating in FW as opposed to going into the FW zone to kill everything that moves. They don't want to do FW, but going into the FW zones and shooting things in acceptable - in small doses.

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
« Reply #8 on: 27 Jun 2011, 14:58 »

I think the clarification is the difference between participating in FW as opposed to going into the FW zone to kill everything that moves. They don't want to do FW, but going into the FW zones and shooting things in acceptable - in small doses.

This ^^

We will not be living in Huola, or kourm or Kam like many of the FW corp. Nor will we live in Null sec, but that doesnt prohibit us from destroying what needs to be crushed in those areas.(we will avoid null as much as possible, it blows)

Crucifire

« Reply #9 on: 27 Jun 2011, 15:13 »

Hey now, I think NPC 0.0 is pretty cool :( It's like low sec without sentries

I still endorse this experiment and wish you guys the best, your heart is in the right place.

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #10 on: 27 Jun 2011, 18:19 »

So kind of an RP version of Red vs Blue?  Would you be hoping for a Red to your Blue?  If so, I might try something...

Because this sounds like fun, and none of my characters I can play right now would fit into this ('cause slavery is bad  ;) ).  And cause I'm crazy like that...

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #11 on: 27 Jun 2011, 18:55 »

RvB is about having a constant state of war going all the time.

AE is about bursts of offensive war.

If we can create storylines behind them that both parties can enjoy, all the better. The short length of these things can hopefully prevent deep grudges and bitterness from forming. When our raid is done, we leave.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help
« Reply #12 on: 27 Jun 2011, 19:39 »

Those groups are stuck there, we are not. We will no doubt end up on every corner of Amarr and Caldari space killing anything that deserves to die. My God, that is going to be a long list.

*ships over a box of pens*

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #13 on: 27 Jun 2011, 19:50 »

Might have to get Hilion a stack of Ruptures and Thoraxes

Victoria Valadeus

« Reply #14 on: 27 Jun 2011, 20:12 »

This is relevant to my interests. I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
Pages: [1] 2