Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lai Dai Infinity Systems is a capsuleer partner of the Lai Dai Corporation? Read more here

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Current State of RP Corporations During/After Riots  (Read 3938 times)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child

As a RolePlayer looking to enter 'the scene', I'm left wondering how bad the damage is amongst the RP corps. How many of your numbers have unsubscribed? How many pilots have left the capsule behind? I don't need numbers, for obvious counter-intelligence and corp security reasons, but I'd just like to know how bad it is out there.

None of my current corporation was affected by the riots, so I know it's not widespread. Besides, 5k out of 350k is pretty tiny. Even so, there are quire a few strong opinions being shown at this site, and I guess some of you who have said you're leaving are fairly influential. I don't know, I'm still new here, haha.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
Re: Current State of RP Corporations During/After Riots
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jun 2011, 13:47 »

I have yet to see a single Electus Matari member unsub over this. If they did, they did it quietly and with no fanfare.
(Or I've missed it, somehow)

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #2 on: 26 Jun 2011, 13:52 »

I think a lot of folks -- including me -- are reconsidering plans ATM based on Zulu's blog today.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #3 on: 26 Jun 2011, 13:54 »

I think a lot of folks -- including me -- are reconsidering plans ATM based on Zulu's blog today.

Reconsidering plans to leave, or plans to stay?

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #4 on: 26 Jun 2011, 13:55 »

Sorry, wasn't clear. I have put my plans to leave on hold for the moment.

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
  • Nothing ever burns down by itself
    • The Star Fraction Communications Portal
« Reply #5 on: 26 Jun 2011, 14:03 »

we have definitely had a few people talk about leaving and a couple of people have declared they are unsubscribing - but my feeling is none of this is a deal-breaker IF ccp is able to reassure the community in the weeks to come (first at the extraordinary ccp/csm summit meeting) ((that has apparently been paid for by the monocle-buyers))*

* that might not actually be true.

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

Lyn Farel

« Reply #6 on: 26 Jun 2011, 14:11 »

2 or 3 for us, though it is not really unsubscribing but a huge drop of presence or totally clueless stances regarding the future. We wait.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 26 Jun 2011, 14:16 »

I think it's more that the RP community is small to begin with (relative to the size of EVE's playerbase), so that even if the relatively low rate of leaving is maintained, is sucks a large percentage of the RP community's people out.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #8 on: 26 Jun 2011, 14:33 »

I think as RPers we tend to pay a lot more attention and/or care a lot more when CCP does something bone-headed. I couldn't say why that is, it's just my impression. And yeah, I know of at least two or three corps that have been hit very hard by this one. My corp doesn't really count as RP and doesn't look like it's suffering any.

I'm hoping against hope that people will chill for the week and wait to see what CCP does with CSM, but I still think we're going to lose a few people we'll really miss. PR is something I'm good at and I'm not sure there's anything CCP can do to completely fix this, though there are certainly things they can do to make it better.

Shal Novastorm

• Wetgraver
« Reply #9 on: 26 Jun 2011, 15:05 »

Honestly it looked like most reactions before this blogpost were 'ok I'm canceling but I still have a decent amount of time, I'll wait and see' or the like. There were a few very vocal "I QUIT RIGHT NOW DEATH TO ZULU" types but those are common in any MMO really.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #10 on: 26 Jun 2011, 15:13 »

Sansha here, just another day at the office.

(That being said I've not seen much /quitting levels of rage from the circles I operate with)
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #11 on: 26 Jun 2011, 15:41 »

I'm technically unsubbed but knew that I was going to be waiting a little while to see what the damage was at the end of all of this before being able to finalize any sort of decision anyway. (Though subs do run out in ~10 days D:)

Using this time to take an EVE-break and play some other games though. ;)
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Saxon Hawke

• Omelette
    • Free Intaki
« Reply #12 on: 26 Jun 2011, 21:48 »

We had a discussion about it in the ILF corp chat and only one player had a concern and that was because the new graphics outpaced his laptop. However, he has a desktop that will run the new version, so it was more of a concern that he can't play at work anymore.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #13 on: 26 Jun 2011, 22:11 »

LDIS is situation normal.  No real concerns from anyone other than myself, biggest thing I was considering was consolidating 3 characters to one account.

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #14 on: 26 Jun 2011, 22:17 »

I'm technically unsubbed but knew that I was going to be waiting a little while to see what the damage was at the end of all of this before being able to finalize any sort of decision anyway. (Though subs do run out in ~10 days D:)

Using this time to take an EVE-break and play some other games though. ;)

This pretty much sums it up for about a dozen folks in Rote Kapelle, maybe more.
Pages: [1] 2 3