Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Sarum family is known for being the most belligerent royal family?

Author Topic: No Slaves in Tyrannis but...  (Read 2849 times)

Nauplius

• Clonejack
No Slaves in Tyrannis but...
« on: 20 Apr 2010, 18:34 »

...maybe someday.

I was hoping that they'd get in just because they are a NPC good used to make stuff, but no. 

(And of course the best thing ever would have been only being able to manufacture Slaves on Minmatar sov systems occupied by the Amarr Militia.  And Freed Slaves on Amarr sov systems occupied by the Minmatar Militia.  And for the Caldari-Gallente front...uh...Quafe?)

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
Re: No Slaves in Tyrannis but...
« Reply #1 on: 20 Apr 2010, 18:39 »

Motherfuck.  I was really hoping for planet things that take other passenger items and turn them into slaves and take slaves and turn them into freed slaves.

Hopefully they introduce that stuff sooner rather than later.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #2 on: 20 Apr 2010, 18:53 »

Well, it looks like Tyrannis is meant to be the foundation of developments along the line, so here's hoping. I look forward to 2040, when I will be able to jack into Eve and survey my slaves laboring in the fields.  :lol:

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #3 on: 20 Apr 2010, 19:04 »

Meh, I didn't expect that quite yet. I think we're getting a few other end products, though, and I do look forward to population.

Casi's School for Exotic Dance?

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 20 Apr 2010, 20:05 »

I do hope so.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #5 on: 20 Apr 2010, 20:11 »

Once it releases we could always re-open that features suggestion with a "Hey guys, now that you have all this planetary infrastructure...why not do that thing with slaves?" Would probably be easier to code and and feel less thrown together than the POS mod based solution.
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #6 on: 20 Apr 2010, 20:14 »

As long as it works both ways, sure.

Dex_Kivuli

• Dex 2.11b
  • Egger
« Reply #7 on: 20 Apr 2010, 22:54 »

And for the Caldari-Gallente front...uh...Quafe?

Yeah... Convert Quafe in to Starsi, and vice versa. After all, in RL Coke and Pepsi taste identical. Oh wait!! Trolling is forbidden here! I take it back then  :oops:

I also want to be able to convert Graduate Students in to Erotic Dancers... but only in Gallente space and only after 10pm.

Edit: Serious response
I've thought about the slave-freed conversion before. I think the best (and most code friendly) way to do it is using the LP store. Make all Minmatar corps have an LP item "Freed Slave" that has "Slave" as an input. I'd even make it have some nominal negative LP cost. In other words, Minmatar corps reward you with LP for freeing slaves.

Just have the reverse for the Amarrians.
« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2010, 22:59 by Dex_Kivuli »

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #8 on: 20 Apr 2010, 23:03 »

Yeah... Convert Quafe in to Starsi, and vice versa. After all, in RL Coke and Pepsi taste identical.
At first I was like  :eek: :o :evil:

Oh wait!! Trolling is forbidden here! I take it back then  :oops:
But then I  :lol:

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #9 on: 21 Apr 2010, 01:05 »

What CCP would need to do to get slaves and planetside interactions right is fucking mind-boggling.

They'd have to hire a guy like Tarn Adams, because sometimes you have to hit a level of complexity like Dorf Fortress gots to get real virsimilitude.

But fuck it, I'll make do with the crap they give me /o\

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #10 on: 21 Apr 2010, 11:23 »

They'd have to hire a guy like Tarn Adams, because sometimes you have to hit a level of complexity like Dorf Fortress gots to get real virsimilitude.
For those of us not in the know, could you elaborate on your Dwarf Fortress/Tarn Adams reference as related to planetary interaction or similar systems, please?

Twitter

Shaikar

• Clonejack
« Reply #11 on: 23 Apr 2010, 05:12 »

Bah.

I remember when the LP shops were introduced and CCP pacified the upset over there being no slaves/kamieras/etc being available by saying they were making POS modules to turn one into the other. That was years ago now. :lol: