Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Zegerth Kelja is the eccentric Sansha Underseer of True Slave Foundations?

Author Topic: Is there any chance of a thread split on the SF/Moira/etc wardec thread please?  (Read 3331 times)

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
  • Nothing ever burns down by itself
    • The Star Fraction Communications Portal

I'd propose a split just after the bacc post in reply to me here.

http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=2265.msg30245#msg30245

Basically I'd suggest that verone's long post and my reply with full chatlog might make a new topic with izzychan's graphic a fitting accompanyment under another title while scagga's original thread can continue without the detail?

is that possible?

I would like the opportunity to continue the discussion on topic if possible in the original thread whilst using the other (new) one to cover the spin off issues perhaps.
« Last Edit: 20 May 2011, 17:57 by Jade Constantine »

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.

[mod]Okay. But remember the rules. We're close to just locking stuff, to be honest.[/mod]

Bacchanalian

• Omelette

Have to say, given the past relationship between a lot of these groups and typical state of the threads surrounding them, these threads are remarkably calm and peaceful.  Even before the moderation.  In any case, it's good to not have the threads banhammered, because it's nice to talk some of this stuff out.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr

Yeah, I think it might be a good idea to let things slide a little bit in the name of reaching a better conclusion for everyone, whereas locking it for rule violations before that happens will just lead to further resentment from everyone involved.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Bacchanalian

• Omelette

Yeah, I think it might be a good idea to let things slide a little bit in the name of reaching a better conclusion for everyone, whereas locking it for rule violations before that happens will just lead to further resentment from everyone involved.

So much for that.

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain

[gmod]Despite requests from multiple users that we simply lock the topic, moderators decided to allow the discussion to continue until it reached a point at which multiple rules violations by a number of posters had occurred. Neither this nor any other subject of discussion is exempt from the rules and standards of the board. [/gmod]
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette

So much for that.

Realistically you and I should probably just talk it over privately.

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

Bacchanalian

• Omelette

So much for that.

Realistically you and I should probably just talk it over privately.

Oh, agreed, I just think locking the thread was a wee bit strongarm. 

Casiella

• Demigod

I disagree that closing the thread was more than was called for. Given the direction and extent of the posts, we saw nothing in that thread that could stay within the boundaries of this site.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain

Agree with Casi. The thread was mostly a chatting session between a few individuals made public for no good reason. In fact, I can only think of bad reasons so locking it appears quite reasonable and I would even say it should have happened sooner.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr

While yes, it was a chatting session, the constant threat of the topic getting locked kept everyone civil imo.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Casiella

• Demigod

While yes, it was a chatting session, the constant threat of the topic getting locked kept everyone civil imo.

Except it didn't.

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette

On balance I'm content with what occured. I'd like to thank the moderation team for allowing it to remain open long enough for everyone to have their say. I tend to agree that much of the stuff there shouldn't have been put in the public eye (virtually everything after the thread split) but once it did come out the fair approach was to let everyone have their say and respond to the stuff raised and then leave it at that.

I'm glad the General thread Scagga started remains open and hopefully we can all use that one purely for the purpose he proposed and talk now about the general events without all the personal grief stuff.

I do agree with the moderator comment here that virtually everyone in the split off thread was not posting in compliance to the spirit (and sometimes the letter) of Backstage rules and I think it would be a lot better in the future if this kind of discussion happened between the principles in private rather than being foisted on an unwitting (though sometimes drama-hungry) audience.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/

there were also many people made contentless "I agree" or "popcorn" posts, and other valueless posts, which at best contributed nothing, and at worst act to egg people on.
\o/