Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The nation of Jin-Mei is the latest addition to the Federation? For more, read here.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Famous (and notorious) Capsuleers of the Summit - gathering names (IGS Link)  (Read 8660 times)

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
  • Nothing ever burns down by itself
    • The Star Fraction Communications Portal

Please come and post on the IGS thread!
http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1485884

Ladies and gentlemen of the Intergalactic summit, it has been a while since we had a thread on corporate or alliance recognition where people are invited to give their brief impressions of an organization in a line or two, but these things can be informative and amusing.

I now propose we do something a little different and have a personal recognition test thread for the famous and notorious personalities of the Summit.

The way this will work is first of all: I will give an opportunity for any regular commentator here to respond to this thread, give a brief introduction on who you are, what you do, what your politics and ideals might be. The only restrictions I place are that you must have a current portrait enabled, be in a capsuleer-run corporation, and have a posting history on the IGS.

I’ll let this thread run for a week or so and then add the 30 or so most promising responses to a list (together with some of obviously notorious and famed capsuleers who we all should know) and post the actual recognition test thread to follow this one.

I think it will be an interesting exercise and will help people to understand a little more about the personalities and reputations at play here on the Summit. It’s my intention to be as inclusive as possible so don’t be nervous if you are a relatively new voice and personality. Everyone is welcome to respond so please...

Are you a voice on the intergalactic summit?
By all means introduce yourself!

For example:

Hello IGS! My name is Jade Constantine; I’m the Executor of the Star Fraction alliance and consider myself a revolutionary comrade of the Freespace Movement in New Eden. I’ve fought wars and campaigns across the length and breadth of New Eden and sacrificed much in the name of anarchist insurrection but along the way found love in the arms of an Amarrian heretic of high tempers and wild moods who joins me on the adventure of immortality.

Don’t be shy; let us know who you are!

(one post per pilot please, no crosstalk or debate or trolling would be excellent!)

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.

Mind providing a bit of info on what exactly this is supposed to be? This has the potential to become a) Popularity contests. b) Pissing contests. c) E-peen waving. d) Forum-Warrior Gathering.

I don't mind any of the above, but I get the feeling there's supposed to be more to this thread than any of the above, so any chance of providing more information on the intent behind this venture?

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette

Mind providing a bit of info on what exactly this is supposed to be? This has the potential to become a) Popularity contests. b) Pissing contests. c) E-peen waving. d) Forum-Warrior Gathering.

I don't mind any of the above, but I get the feeling there's supposed to be more to this thread than any of the above, so any chance of providing more information on the intent behind this venture?

Well its actually more or less as described. This thread is for people who I might not naturally add to a list of "famous / infamous" IGS characters to reply and make themselves known so I can add them to the full list next week.

Its not really about voting or popularity contest / anyone who does an interesting post will likely make it.

Then I'll add them together with "legends" of IGS (basically mouthy oldsters) and run the "recognition" thread the following week which will work like the corp/alliance threads run elsewhere. Basically inviting a one line comment on each name.

I'd be quite happy if all current active IGS posters appear on the list and get to comment on each other.

Like I said, I want it to be quite inclusive.

As for the hidden purpose ... well, I might use it to assemble a guest list at some point :)

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod

* Mizhara nods.
Thanks. That makes more sense than what I wrested out of the official thread. My own reading comprehension was probably the problem, or I may have take a leap right into the language barrier and given myself a concussion or something.

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!

Wren used to do these sorts of things back in the day. They were a lot of fun.

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people

Not something Borza would be interested in but good luck with it :)

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette

You know I'll add your name anyway :)

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod

Yeah, don't think I have any characters that'd consider this to be something worthy of time and effort, more focused on space and such than Summit communication and recognition. Still, I'll probably keep an eye on the thing.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr

OOCly, I'd add Nikita, IC, Nikita really very likely doesn't give a damn about how internet famous she is. So if someone wants to put her, feel free, and go ahead and case her in a negative light if you want, that might make for some interesting social interaction (just be aware that there would be consequences for this)
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette

Just go and sign up the pair of you!

It needs the bumps and since I know who you both are you clearly deserve to be on a list of IGS "voices" for the recognition test.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

Thinking about it here. Morwen would probably need a bit of IC prodding to go and post on a thread like that of her own accord, even if I do think she's probably well-known enough that she might as well. ;)
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Grr

• Wetgraver

Its a post by Jade so that there is a hidden agenda is a given.

Still figuring out what that agenda really is and watching things unfold will be great fun.  I may consider posting myself^^

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...

I'll pass, but good luck.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Kaleigh Doyle

Can we nominate other people, or only our own characters? >_<

Revan Neferis

• Sani Sabik
  • Wetgraver
  • God's Banker

Can we nominate other people, or only our own characters? >_<

It's not really a nomination thread like Revan's events along the years the Celebrity of eve
(http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1231266) for example, the last one.

I think this is supposed to be something like the corp/ alliance recognition test and at this stage he is just collecting names of new players or players that we arent really all familiar with to add to the list with other obvious names that will be there automatically.

Erotic Evil: Sexy and Dirty, Dirty Rich.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4