Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That some Minmatar pilots have a tradition of gifting Rodj Blake's corpse to newly-weds?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: [Recruitment] True Slave Foundations: Pro-Sansha RP  (Read 25670 times)

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!

Vaguely I have to wonder what has science done.

(totally stole the recruitment thread tag from Naraka's thread)

IC Application forum thread: http://true-utopia.com/SMFforum/index.php?topic=22.0

Quote from: OOC stuff
[What is True Slave Foundations (TS-F)?]

The True Slave Foundations was created with the principles of being a militant supporter of the Sansha's Nation NPC faction. This aim focuses primarily on PvP aspects, but there is a heavy interest in building 'combat industry' as well. Our pursuit of this goal has taken us to low-security space, with reserved interests in high security and null security later on.

TS-F is a roleplay driven entity that aims to use story material to add flavor and value to its operations and hopefully its members. We all have a story to tell, and our actions all write the parts to it. How do you want to tell yours? What can we do to spice it up?

[Is TS-F pirates, or commit acts of piracy?]

Piracy is such an ugly word. While we freely engage in a selective policy of NBSI (Not Blue Shoot It), the motivation of killing for profit is not encouraged. Rather, the Empires have burned our homeworlds once already - revenge is at the forefront of our minds. And maybe, a little something else.

["Combat Industry"?]

I do not personally believe PVP and Industry must be separate, or that industry focused players should be discouraged from participating in it. My belief that 'carebears' can fight as much as career PVPers is reinforced by old 0.0 experience with some rather cunning industrialists. They have a way of playing, Combat pilots do as well. Why not let them intermingle on the occasion? It can mix up the action quite a bit.

[What are your timezones?]

TS-F is based in the US Timezone, however other timezone players are free to join if this does not bother them.

[What are your skill point requirements, character age, etc?]

Ah, the all important part.

There is no skill point requirement, and players need to have one to two months of game experience under their belt.

Experience has taught me a player with the will to be great can take a few million skill points and be a nasty threat. I know this because I've been beaten a fair few times by some of them. In light of this, I'm very open minded about letting in low SP players who show they can handle themselves with what they got.

That is what we look for in recruits - an idea about knowing what they want and the will to work towards it with us. Maybe it's learning PvP, or trying your hand at industry. If you know what you want, it lets us find a way to help you work with it. If you don't know, well, we're not you quite yet. We might just find something though!

[What about voice chat? Headsets, ventrilo, etc.]

We currently use EVE Voice/Ventrilo for our primary voice chat. You will need to be able to listen to EVE Voice at the very minimum, and a working microphone is encouraged for timely and efficient coordination. If you are a deaf player, please indicate as such so fleet commanders can pay attention to relaying orders through text to you.

[What about API key verification?]

A limited API key will be required, and a full API key may be asked for in the extreme case a security breach is believed to have occured.

All API key information will be strictly limited to the CEO and no one else. You will be free to reset your keys after it has been checked.

[I have an alt I would like to put in your corp to do Sansha Things™ with.]

We are not openly accepting alts outside of special circumstances. You are welcome to submit an EVE Mail to Ghost Hunter for it to be reviewed, but do not expect it to be accepted readily.

However, feel free to interact with us as you want!

[I have an alt outside the corp that runs missions against Sansha, etc.]

As it is not inside the corp, and thus not affecting us as a whole, what your alt does is not relevant to our interests. If your main is in fleet with your alt and getting bounty from said Sansha dying, however, you can expect a very stern talking to.

[I don't understand some terms on your form sheet.]

The form sheet is created from an In-character perspective, and everything it asks is only for information about your character - not you as a player. Your character's name may be John while your real life one is Smith, for instance. In the True Name field, you would put John and not Smith. Generally if you think it's asking personal information, it's not asking for your information - it wants your character's.

If you're not a roleplayer, I've included separated the absolutely required section and the optional section. You must fill out everything in the Primary section, but you can pick and choose in the Secondary section.

If you're not used to some roleplayer terminology: IC = In character, OOC = Out of Character. IC means what happens between characters, OOC means what happens between the players (us real world meatsacks).

[I am not a roleplayer, but I am interested in joining your corporation.]

While this will not affect your chances of joining, you will have to understand the environment you will be in. There will be those who choose to roleplay and you may find interacting with them difficult depending on how they want to communicate. I encourage people, roleplayer or not, to work in a sane and sensible way (I'd rather not have the Necronomicon in my corp channel). Both sides will be expected to respect the others' way of playing, or someone is moving out.

Feel free to check out This EVE Wikia summary of EVE Roleplay, it provides what I think is a sensible overview to those unfamiliar with it. A bit rough around the edges, but it gives you a picture.

[I have a question or concern not answered by this form or the IC form.]

Feel free to send an EVE Mail to Ghost Hunter with the headline FORM CONCERN. If it's in-character, please mark as IC FORM CONCERN. That will let me know your character is concerned about the IC form application.
« Last Edit: 26 Oct 2011, 17:13 by Ghost Hunter »
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

KJLLV

Re: [Recruitment] True Slave Foundations: Pro-Sansha RP
« Reply #1 on: 23 Mar 2011, 20:38 »

TS-F continues operations in the wake of the Master's assault upon the Signatories. As many of our pilots in TS-F and the other alliance corporations of Zaratha Zarati and Crimson Path have low security status and are Wanted by CONCORD, either by the oppressive DED for perfectly legitimate smartbomb deployment, or via other scenes of engagement not sanctioned by the corrupt politicians, we are operating primarily in the war-ravaged lowsec, ensuring the betterment of the population by our colonies present and the destruction of those causing instability of the region.
« Last Edit: 07 May 2011, 09:19 by KJLLV »

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #2 on: 23 Mar 2011, 20:43 »

"Do you consider yourself immortal, godlike, or similar venues of greatness?: Yes/No"

Best app line I've ever seen.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #3 on: 23 Mar 2011, 20:56 »

Good luck to you folks. What little interaction I've had suggests you're all kinds of fun. :D
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Major JSilva

« Reply #4 on: 24 Mar 2011, 05:24 »

TS-F Members and affiliates provided some awesome RP in many Live Events. Without the Sansha rpers probabilily the live events wouldn't have been as interesting :)

Good luck to you guys,

Silva
« Last Edit: 25 Mar 2011, 03:59 by Major JSilva »

Ghost Hunter

• The Mods
  • Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 24 Mar 2011, 15:56 »

Thanks for the well wishes, I'm aiming to keep on providing a Sansha outlet :)

I'm particularly interested in user feed back on our questionnaire, for those who have time. It was created from an in-character perspective and most of its content is based on what TS-F's recruitment infrastructure would want to know. Conversely, it is quite long and somewhat intimidating to people who are freshly poking their heads at us.

@Casiella: I did enjoy putting that one in :P
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Kazuma Ry

• Cardinal Lieutenant
  • Wetgraver
  • Enlightening a Slave near you
« Reply #6 on: 25 Mar 2011, 13:52 »

I actually liked this question in the application:

"Are you interested in having your family or loved ones join the True Slave Foundations?: If yes, please list their names, locations, and any private security firms to contact for acquisition."

Seems very fitting of someone about to go Sansha.
"White as the falling snow. Black as our Citadels burned against the sky."

"Faith gained through knowledge and knowledge gained through Faith. In service to God, do we find the answers"

Crucifire

« Reply #7 on: 02 Apr 2011, 02:23 »

I ♥ SHARE, I ♥ Kuvakei, and we need more west coast NA timezone players :yar:

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #8 on: 02 Apr 2011, 16:19 »

Ghost, I love you and want your babies....best application evah. 

Im willing to pay 100mil if you will post actual applications that have been filled out on this board.
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Ghost Hunter

• The Mods
  • Veteran
« Reply #9 on: 02 Apr 2011, 16:27 »

Im willing to pay 100mil if you will post actual applications that have been filled out on this board.

Per application or in general?
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #10 on: 02 Apr 2011, 19:38 »

Per application or in general?

I think thats a "in general"....
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Ghost Hunter

• The Mods
  • Veteran
« Reply #11 on: 07 Apr 2011, 12:58 »

Edit durp old forums dead
« Last Edit: 26 Oct 2011, 17:21 by Ghost Hunter »