Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the expansion name "Incarna" was Stitcher's winning entry in an E-ON magazine competition?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: EVE's Next Portrait Contest  (Read 8727 times)

Revan Neferis

• Sani Sabik
  • Wetgraver
  • God's Banker
Re: EVE's Next Portrait Contest
« Reply #30 on: 09 Feb 2011, 15:50 »

I'd love to sign up for this but the forum login page has been returning me a connection reset error each time I go to it, so I'm unable to log in. Anyone know what that might be about? I've tried various browsers and various computers, hopefully I'll get it resolved in time to be an applicant.

Same for Revan, me and many others. Shes been in active contact with CCP and theyre working on it.

Yes CCP is trying a feew things to pinpoint the issue. It seems like its escalating and lots of people are having problems to log in to eve forums just. Everything else works just fine.
timeframe to solve the issue is expected around 8-24 hours if it is what they think it is.

On topic, quite wonderful candidates and very nice answers to the event's question.
Keep coming, I think it'll be entertaining to all.
And we have some pleasing surprises coming from the judges too....
Erotic Evil: Sexy and Dirty, Dirty Rich.

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #31 on: 10 Feb 2011, 06:36 »

Its cool, but its IC... and I wont sign up for a Sani Sabik event  :(

Yeah Borza ain't much of a fan of Blood Cultists.

Revan Neferis

• Sani Sabik
  • Wetgraver
  • God's Banker
« Reply #32 on: 10 Feb 2011, 07:28 »

Its cool, but its IC... and I wont sign up for a Sani Sabik event  :(

Yeah Borza ain't much of a fan of Blood Cultists.

That's the charm of the event, if it was ooc it would be just like any of the others out there. Making the event ic was a dog's fight, but role players shouldn't give up of their ic identities in exchange of better results. The ooc version of the event done got over 700 applications. The ic version now is set to 100 and even so I believe it will take a few days to fill the slots.

I'm fully aware that making it a Sani Sabik event will prevent a few more purists role players to join, but it has been like this in the past too although many role players have found their way around to still keep their characters and participate. Garreck of CVA is a great example how he has managed to do that with full elegance.

In short, Sani Sabik events are pretty much neutral in many ways but I have taken pleasure into adapting and extending my events to the out of rp circles and trying to reach a broader public. It's incredible how many new role players I've seen flourishing from the events I have done along the years.

And it fits my character's true motivation for doing these events, Revan is a public political figure and contacts and personal affiliations around the whole New Eden is what keeps her business moving. At each event as such she gets to extend her area of influence and personal network of contacts and I of course, get to know wonderful new people around and even good friendships have come from things like this.
All in all, it's worth the efforts to keep it ic and the difficulties it brings along. But we adapt, we overcome issues and we have fun at the end, that's what matters most.
« Last Edit: 10 Feb 2011, 07:32 by Revan Neferis »

Darveses

• Wetgraver
« Reply #33 on: 10 Feb 2011, 08:22 »

I dont get why participating and makin the sanis poorer is a bad thing :)

Revan Neferis

• Sani Sabik
  • Wetgraver
  • God's Banker
« Reply #34 on: 10 Feb 2011, 10:15 »

I dont get why participating and makin the sanis poorer is a bad thing :)

Event is not set up to 2 Billion in prizes, as a delicious free-captain claire xxx has decided to spice the pot with sponsoring it with me.

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #35 on: 10 Feb 2011, 11:04 »

Ah well if a Free Captain is also sponsoring it I suppose Borza can join in.

Revan Neferis

• Sani Sabik
  • Wetgraver
  • God's Banker
« Reply #36 on: 11 Feb 2011, 09:31 »

I guess I was wrong and the 100 slots are almost full. 20 spots left only
gl to all here who applied.

Darveses

• Wetgraver
« Reply #37 on: 11 Feb 2011, 20:01 »

Ah well if a Free Captain is also sponsoring it I suppose Borza can join in.

<3 :D

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #38 on: 13 Feb 2011, 06:21 »

Thank you for making this event.

While it would rather be crucified than watch any of the many popularity contests that are infecting prime time television these days, I am afraid one of my characters lives and dies for that crap. I had to spend two hours redoing her portrait just to reach a 'decent' level, which is not easy when modeling a Vherokior.

Still, I have little expectation of winning the contest, though my character most likely do.
« Last Edit: 14 Feb 2011, 03:50 by Myyona »
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Revan Neferis

• Sani Sabik
  • Wetgraver
  • God's Banker
« Reply #39 on: 13 Feb 2011, 20:21 »

Thank you for making this event.

While it would rather be crucified than watch any of the many popularity contests that are infection prime time television these days, I am afraid one of my characters lives and dies for that crap. I had to spend two hours redoing her portrait just to reach a 'decent' level, which is not easy when modeling a Vherokior.

Still, I have little expectation of winning the contest, though my character most likely do.

A pleasure, we are having tons of fun with it.
Hope you continue to enjoy it with us.

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #40 on: 14 Feb 2011, 03:13 »

Would have been fun to have blurbs about the rejected portraits too :P

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #41 on: 14 Feb 2011, 03:27 »

I did not make it past first round, so all is good. I would be hard pressed to be in character during second round, as I am not very good at handling when the interests of my characters conflict with the interests of myself. So while Natelia now might be depressed for a month, I am quite happy not having to participate in a competion that I fundamentally despise.

Edit to clarify: As I stated in my earlier post; I despise popularity contests, not the people making the in-game event. Once again, thanks for putting effort into this.
« Last Edit: 14 Feb 2011, 03:33 by Myyona »
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Darveses

• Wetgraver
« Reply #42 on: 14 Feb 2011, 05:30 »

Would have been fun to have blurbs about the rejected portraits too :P

We probably will at some point because some of those got some really neat comments too, but its a fuckton of work skimming the logs and format it for IGS - so it'll probably have to wait til we had some time to breathe :D

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #43 on: 14 Feb 2011, 22:04 »

Well, that was a delightful drug orgy! Tomorrow we build snowmen!

Revan Neferis

• Sani Sabik
  • Wetgraver
  • God's Banker
« Reply #44 on: 15 Feb 2011, 07:32 »

Well, that was a delightful drug orgy! Tomorrow we build snowmen!

Some could say that having Revan and Istvaan in a single room with others for an amount of time can bring unexpected consequences for the capsuleers around. lol
Hell, what a wonderful role play night. Thanks for joining us Istvaan and adding a delicious touch to Revan's quest of corrupting souls.  :twisted:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4