Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Evanda Char started life as humble mechanic?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: EVE's Next Portrait Contest  (Read 8724 times)

Kaldor Mintat

• Egger
Re: EVE's Next Portrait Contest
« Reply #15 on: 08 Feb 2011, 10:00 »

Correct me if i am wrong but have this problem not occured a few times before? Seem to recall some event Revan did way back where the thread also got relocated to Events and Gatherings?

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #16 on: 08 Feb 2011, 10:06 »

Ok, now that's just fucked up.  :mad:

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Revan Neferis

• Sani Sabik
  • Wetgraver
  • God's Banker
« Reply #17 on: 08 Feb 2011, 10:49 »

Correct me if i am wrong but have this problem not occured a few times before? Seem to recall some event Revan did way back where the thread also got relocated to Events and Gatherings?

Yes, I remember they moved the pvp part of my Gladiator games to eve general discussion and left the gladiator games indoor at the IGS. ( meaning , role players can't have massive numbers of space ships exploding, that's not for folks with wizards hats on. That's not role play) eh. And Guess who did the move? Adida.
But gladly her nonsense was quickly fixed, as the whole event were brought back together at IGS in less than an hour time I believe.

Since that I don't remember any of my events at least moved to any other place before this absurdity revelation that we can't do ic events on IGS anymore.

Someone said this is pretty fucked up. Hell be dammed the day I have to agree with that and it's right now.
Erotic Evil: Sexy and Dirty, Dirty Rich.

scagga

• Everything for Vaari
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #18 on: 08 Feb 2011, 14:42 »

Welcome to backstage btw, Revan.

Revan Neferis

• Sani Sabik
  • Wetgraver
  • God's Banker
« Reply #19 on: 08 Feb 2011, 14:56 »

Welcome to backstage btw, Revan.

Not under the best circunstances but thanks.

And on topic, I'll try to take something fun out of the mess at least.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #20 on: 08 Feb 2011, 15:12 »

I ran into similar circumstances when I hosted the racing league. They think you're trying to subvert the "don't post the same topic in multiple forums" rule, which while technically true would also violate the ic-only rule required on IGS. I eventually relocated my rules to an external webpage to link on galnet and avoid the bullshit entirely.

Also...the glb competitions had limited prizes from corporate sponsors. Not quite as extravagant as this one. :)

Revan Neferis

• Sani Sabik
  • Wetgraver
  • God's Banker
« Reply #21 on: 08 Feb 2011, 17:12 »

I ran into similar circumstances when I hosted the racing league. They think you're trying to subvert the "don't post the same topic in multiple forums" rule, which while technically true would also violate the ic-only rule required on IGS. I eventually relocated my rules to an external webpage to link on galnet and avoid the bullshit entirely.

Also...the glb competitions had limited prizes from corporate sponsors. Not quite as extravagant as this one. :)

Too many rules applicable there, not applicable here, changing there, etc etc. My impression is that they have no consensus about how to deal with the words " ic event" in one single sentence.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #22 on: 08 Feb 2011, 23:39 »

Overall the forums need work in terms of RP. We need things like:
*An OOC forum for discussing things (Yes that's why we have backstage but its not exactly easy to stumble on for newbies who need help) Eve Fiction seems to have sort of been Frankensteined into that role, but its not what its intended for.
*The ability to replicate IC information OOC in other areas of the forums
*A general overhaul of the rules of the way OOC and IC content is handled, which seems shoddy and poorly thought out in general.
*Possibly training at least one or two GMs to specifically deal with RP in a way that RPers can agree with.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Darveses

• Wetgraver
« Reply #23 on: 09 Feb 2011, 07:56 »

Issue is resolved, IC events are now (once again?) officially allowed on IGS.

\o/

Myrhial Arkenath

• Omelette
  • One does not simply walk into Curse.
    • Diary of a Pod Pilot
« Reply #24 on: 09 Feb 2011, 09:12 »

Yay picture contest, I've been officially addicted to Babes of New Eden as of late. Let's have Myrhial try her luck, everyone keeps saying how awesome the portrait is, might as well put that to the test  :lol:

CEO of Ghost Festival :: Executor of Naraka.
Diary of a Pod Pilot

Darveses

• Wetgraver
« Reply #25 on: 09 Feb 2011, 09:21 »

Yay picture contest, I've been officially addicted to Babes of New Eden as of late. Let's have Myrhial try her luck, everyone keeps saying how awesome the portrait is, might as well put that to the test  :lol:

The more the merrier \o/ :D

Revan Neferis

• Sani Sabik
  • Wetgraver
  • God's Banker
« Reply #26 on: 09 Feb 2011, 10:34 »

Issue is resolved, IC events are now (once again?) officially allowed on IGS.

\o/

Good stuff.

Crucifire

« Reply #27 on: 09 Feb 2011, 13:37 »

I'd love to sign up for this but the forum login page has been returning me a connection reset error each time I go to it, so I'm unable to log in. Anyone know what that might be about? I've tried various browsers and various computers, hopefully I'll get it resolved in time to be an applicant.

Darveses

• Wetgraver
« Reply #28 on: 09 Feb 2011, 13:50 »

I'd love to sign up for this but the forum login page has been returning me a connection reset error each time I go to it, so I'm unable to log in. Anyone know what that might be about? I've tried various browsers and various computers, hopefully I'll get it resolved in time to be an applicant.

Same for Revan, me and many others. Shes been in active contact with CCP and theyre working on it.

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #29 on: 09 Feb 2011, 13:52 »

It is pretty awesome. ^_^
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4